NHL Lockout?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
When would the next lockout possibility be ? We seem to get screwed over everytime as it usually happens after something good happens to us , or we gain great momentum only to lose it during a lockout.

We traded for Brett Hull ... and then missed the season due to lockout and when he returned he was pretty much useless.

Also wasnt the last one right after our playoff run?

Now we get Kessel and I think we are getting close to another one.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There won't be a lockout. Maybe a strike, but I doubt that too. There's not enough worth striking over.

The current CBA goes until after the 2021-22 season assuming the NHLPA gives its approval. They have until Sept. 15 to do so. If not, it would expire after this coming season, unless a new deal was formed.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Players complaining about escrow yet they don’t want to accept a hard cap in fear of falling below 50% of revenues. Smoke screen / layup on Olympics. Easily resolved negotiation.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
From what answers I have gotten on other boards here, it's from the season 2020. So if "they" had done the math right, the expected starting date would be september 15th 2020.

And it is unless a new deal is in place by then. If Bettman don't call it a lockout at that point, the players would be free to strike anywhere in the season. They would do that after being payed for the season, as the playoffs starts in 2021, and that is of course unacceptable for the owners. Hence it should be a lockout, and not a strike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad