NHL Legacy Edition for PC (PS3 Emulator)

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You can get an XBox 360 for a few bucks and play this.

I mean before COVID, yes, you were able to get an Xbox 360 for cheap. Then during quarantine everybody and their mothers purchased out all of the 360s at our local GameStop shops.

people that play with updated rosters, is the GM mode updated as well with different players? Or is it still ‘set’ on 2015/2016?

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
people that play with updated rosters, is the GM mode updated as well with different players?
Yes you can choose the rosters you start with in GM mode.

GM mode worked very well for me and I went through a bunch of seasons (mostly simmed but did play some games).

Unfortunately Be A Pro mode crashes on me so that seems to be unplayable as of now.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

GM mode worked very well for me and I went through a bunch of seasons (mostly simmed but did play some games).

Unfortunately Be A Pro mode crashes on me so that seems to be unplayable as of now.
ur not missing much Be A Pro was awesome at first. after a couple seasons it basically went back to the old Be A Pro.
be cool if there was an actual story behind it. even if its just 1 year then goes back to the old style.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

that’s great to hear! I’ll have to try it on my HP laptop sometime.

I always wondered how the modding aspect worked with doing future drafts and adding players. I always wanted more ‘Rest of World’ players when I played Legacy, but not many ever showed up!

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Thanks for the hard work on these rosters. Really enjoy this game over anything newer since.

Runs great on my rpcs3
Yeah that guy at Operation Sports was a beast with these things. Unfortunately his PS3 broke so he's done making them.

What modes have you been playing? Been a few months since I touched it but was heavily playing Be A GM for a while.

nikethebike

Jul 31, 2020
Hi. Just thought I'd ask. I made a stat to attribute converter to make rosters for NHL2K11/2KHS. I noticed the interest to use them was low so I ended up losing motivation to do more of them. I play a little NHL Legacy now, If I converted this for NHL Legacy would you use them now that nobody makes current rosters anymore?
I would try to make them plug and play for RPCS3 in that case.

lepiney

Nov 9, 2021
Instructions for getting the 2020-2021 rosters:

Download roster file from here:

Dropbox - 1-25 Roster File.zip - Simplify your life

Hi,
Thanks a lot for this roster! I'm back on Legacy after trying the newer titles (from 2017 to 2021), with some hope but always disappointment... I play some NHL'04 Rebuilt as well, but wanted to have updated graphics and Legacy was a blast on PS3. Plus, I just saw some modding possibilities that look dope/very promising.

Now, I saw some more recent Rosters over on OS, by molifox (thanks to him, keeping up the beautiful work of Ref99 there). My only problem is I am not able to Re-assign it using Bruteforce Save Data, however your roster file that you posted (from 01/25 I assume) works perfectly fine...

SO, could you please do the same "magic trick" for the more recent file, pretty please ?!

Thank you in advance
cheers

(EDIT: I figured it out, don't know what I really did but it worked...)

Last edited:
Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Hi,
Thanks a lot for this roster! I'm back on Legacy after trying the newer titles (from 2017 to 2021), with some hope but always disappointment... I play some NHL'04 Rebuilt as well, but wanted to have updated graphics and Legacy was a blast on PS3. Plus, I just saw some modding possibilities that look dope/very promising.

Now, I saw some more recent Rosters over on OS, by molifox (thanks to him, keeping up the beautiful work of Ref99 there). My only problem is I am not able to Re-assign it using Bruteforce Save Data, however your roster file that you posted (from 01/25 I assume) works perfectly fine...

SO, could you please do the same "magic trick" for the more recent file, pretty please ?!

Thank you in advance
cheers

(EDIT: I figured it out, don't know what I really did but it worked...)

Good.

If you have problems again, these are the steps:

If you haven't updated the games.conf file in your BruteForce root-Folder, add the following entry:
Code:
; "NHL® Legacy Edition" [BLUS31540] ;disc_hash_key= secure_file_id:*=45415F53504F5254535F4E484C313600
2. Open BruteForce as Administrator and select your rpcs3 profile
3. Open the folder where the downloaded roster is
4. Right click on the Save -> "Decrypt all files"
5. Right click on the Save -> "Unlock save to work on any PS3 account"
6. Right click on the Save -> "Encrypt all files"
7. Right click on the Save -> "Rebuild with current profile (full)"
8. Right click on the Save -> "Decrypt all files"
9. In the navbar in the middle (between the saves and the info area) click on the far right button "Verify PDF"

Now copy the modified SYS-DATA file to a roster save you made in the game.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

affablePeafowl

Apr 18, 2022
Howdy folks, new here. Really been enjoying playing Legacy via RPCS3, but I was wondering, assuming any of y'all have been playing offline BAP, have you had any issues unlocking Helmet Slot 1 (win 5 games as a created goalie)?

I've tried every permutation of variables I can think of—picking a team vs. starting in the draft, simming the first 2 periods and just playing the 3rd, playing the entire game with 3m periods (because I heard this works fine), playing the entire game with 6m periods (because then I read a contradictory claim that periods have to be set to at least 5m). Not sure I have the patience to play entire games on default 7m periods and rely on the AI teammates to score enough to win despite me letting in goals like Damian Rhodes lol, but I've heard other people say period length and simming doesn't matter, so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is.

There are two variables that may or may not be important. One, the wording of the requirement—"play and win five games as a created goalie." I've noticed that if you sim a period or two and then intervene, it doesn't actually count as a game played in the career performance menu, unlike with skaters. You have to play the whole game (but I've had multiple goalies now where I've gone into career performance and verified that both the Games Played and Wins numbers are greater than 5.)

Two, the actual requirement for Helmet 1 is "Reach Pro level with your Online Pro OR Play and win 5 games as a created goalie in Be A Pro to unlock OR Purchase with Local Currency." I've read where folks have resolved this issue in earlier titles by signing out of the EA servers and signing back in, so maybe the reason it's not unlocking is because it's first checking for your online level. Since that's not an option for RPCS3 maybe it's getting hung on that (then again that's not an issue for the other boost slots that list the online option first). But maybe it's bugged for this slot and console players unlocked it by hitting their online Pro card.

Obviously 8 slots are plenty, I'm just playing offline anyway, but it aggravates my OCD lol. I did the "200 fights in a single career" one, a HUGE pain in the neck to unlock Deking+7 which I'll probably never even use; I just like the idea of unlocking everything. RPCS3 has a memory viewer and, theoretically, there's a 0 somewhere that you should be able to change to a 1 with a hex editor to force the unlock, (or a goalie win count to change to a 5+) but I haven't had any luck finding the relevant values.

So I'm just wondering if any other RPCS3 players have had this issue with Helmet Slot 1, and/or if anyone has poked around in the memory and found out where to unlock boost slots. Even if it unlocked fine for you on RPCS3 that would be helpful info! Thanks in advance, any help would be much appreciated.

INFINITY0034

Jun 3, 2023
Instructions for getting the 2020-2021 rosters:

Download roster file from here:

Dropbox - 1-25 Roster File.zip - Simplify your life

Extract the folder 'BLUS315400200'

Move the folder here: [Location of RPCS3 Install]\dev_hdd0\home\00000001\savedata\

Load into the game
View attachment 401669

If that file doesn't work for you, it may be due to being setup only for my profile. You can try decrypting the Operation Sports file yourself with instructions below.

Shoutout to Reff99 over at OS for creating these awesome rosters: PS3 NHL Legacy Rosters - 2020-2021 - Operation Sports Forums

and @Soedy for the help decrypting

How to decrypt PS3 save files for RPCS3:

Old Rosters:
Beginning of 2021 season: Dropbox - BLUS315400200.zip - Simplify your life
2019-2020 Rosters: BLUS315400200.zip (Use ad block for this site)
I've tried this and it hasn't worked... Any reasons why this wouldn't work?
I used the Better than EA rosters

luch47

Aug 21, 2023
Hi would anyone know how to bring back fans in the stand on regular play in NHL Legacy PS3 ? Thanks for your time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad