NHL-KHL: Gentleman's Agreement Extended

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
dchesnokov 1:13pm via web KHL-NHL MOU is new to the respect that it "regulates player transitions between the two bodies..." So, there are rules now.
Terms of the new KHL-NHL MOU include "the exchanging of lists of contracted and free agent players, each league providing the other their standard contract templates and agreeing to appoint official representatives to conduct negotiations in person in Toronto or New York to resolve any player contract disputes."

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
dchesnokov 1:13pm via web KHL-NHL MOU is new to the respect that it "regulates player transitions between the two bodies..." So, there are rules now.
Terms of the new KHL-NHL MOU include "the exchanging of lists of contracted and free agent players, each league providing the other their standard contract templates and agreeing to appoint official representatives to conduct negotiations in person in Toronto or New York to resolve any player contract disputes."

Couldn't conducting negotiations in person in St. Petersburg or Moscow be a possibility also?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Couldn't conducting negotiations in person in St. Petersburg or Moscow be a possibility also?

Or a neutral site such as Zurich (where the IIHF is headquartered). Now I wonder what is to happen if another Malkin-like incident occurs where a player feels he was forced to enter a contract, forcing Malkin to flee Russia.

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
Or a neutral site such as Zurich (where the IIHF is headquartered). Now I wonder what is to happen if another Malkin-like incident occurs where a player feels he was forced to enter a contract, forcing Malkin to flee Russia.

Regarding the site, obvously the hockey world revolves around the NHL (and it's cheaper for Russians to visit America than vice-versa).

I doubt a Malkin-type incident could happen now. Of course, a teenage hockey player could be passive and not really understand the situation around his contract. Agents sometimes may not always be transparent with their clients. But overall, the KHL has come a long way since the old Superleague.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->