Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
NFL
NBA
MLB

How many different countries are in those leagues? Is there a single European player in NFL? NBA has some, but not many. MLB, shrug.

It is really cool how NHL atleast managed to grow the game outside north america.
Uh, in terms of growing the game outside of North America, the NHL lags miles behind the NBA, MLB and even the NFL.

Baseball is massive in South East Asia and Latin America. Basketball is getting massive in Europe and Asia. Football has expanded its appeal internationally and has players from Europe and Australia as well. All three of the MLB, NBA and NFL are attracting players from around the globe or is building a pipeline for the future.

Hockey is only big in Canada and Scandinavia for the most part.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
This would be cool if it were not so undeniably false:

NFL - Have you ever seen how many Samoans/Polynesians are in the NFL?
NBA - Really? The fact you list this shows you know nothing about the NBA
MLB - Uhhhh, does Japan count as "international"? :skeptic: How about the Dominican Republic, Cuba, Bahamas, Aruba, Mexico, Canada, Venezuela. etc?
Just to be a bit nit picky a few of the Samoan islands are American territories but obv there are people from different continents in every sport so it’s a weird op . Gridiron is probably the lowest just cuz it’s not popular pretty much anywhere else but NA but they convert a few rugby players

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This would be cool if it were not so undeniably false:

NFL - Have you ever seen how many Samoans/Polynesians are in the NFL?
NBA - Really? The fact you list this shows you know nothing about the NBA
MLB - Uhhhh, does Japan count as "international"? :skeptic: How about the Dominican Republic, Cuba, Bahamas, Aruba, Mexico, Canada, Venezuela. etc?
I think I have a concussion from face-palming so hard...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Besides the nfl they all seem to be international in differing parts of the world.

MLB in Latin America, Korea and Japan.

NBA in the Croatia region, Spain, France, China

NHL in Scandinavia and Russia

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
MLB and NBA are both international. Baseball is huge in Asia as well as Latin America

NFL has made some inroads but lags far behind. I know the rest of the world prefers soccer but there's no rule that states you can't like both. Maybe in there eyes football is both too brutal and complicated.
I can tell you that in the etes of virtually all my european friends american football is too biring and commercial to watch. The whole thing is a huge stoppage.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I can tell you that in the etes of virtually all my european friends american football is too biring and commercial to watch. The whole thing is a huge stoppage.

Well that is a bit hypocritical considering soccer has corporate names on the freaking uniforms!

I do understand the frustration with commercials. However the NFL just can't be played continuously. Soccer can

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Yeah, coulda done a smidge of research there OP.

NHL is easily the least diverse league out of all major sports especially when you factor in race, socio-economics, etc.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I'm sure you're not tired of being shot down for this post, but here's another angle.
Is the NHL really an American league? 7 of the franchises are in Canada and per capita, they bring in more revenue than the American ones. At best, it is already an international league.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah, this is one of those threads where you know the person who created it just felt like saying something without having any factual basis backing them up. This is the kinda stuff that makes people look bad and just entitled.

I don't follow any other American sports league but even I know that they ALL have a lot of international influence to varying degrees.

Not sure what to think of this attempt at trying to make the "NHL look awesome compared to the other shtoopid leagues"

It's very infantile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad