NHL in the 1920's -1930's

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005
hello everybody, i am doing an essay for school on the NHL in the 1920's and 30's and its effect on canadian culture and cant seem of find anything, so i was hopeing maybe someone can help me out and give me some important things that happened in and around the NHL that effected canadian culture.

thanks

Ogopogo*

NHL greats included: Howie Morenz (his death was significant and he was called the "Babe Ruth" of hockey) Eddie Shore, Cy Denneny, Babe Dye, King Clancy, Newsy Lalonde, Clint Benedict, Georges Vezina, Joe Malone, Frank Nighbor, Hap Day, Cecil "Tiny" Thompson.

Google a few of those names and you will get a feel for what the NHL was about back then.

The NHL champion played the Pacific Coast Hockey Association champion for the Stanley Cup until 1927 then the cup became exclusive property of the NHl. The Victoria Cougars were the only PCAHA team ever to beat an NHL team for the cup in 1925.

jaws

Mar 12, 2005
Stittsvegas
TSN's legends of hockey series is a big help. As well as the book Champions, and any book detailing the history of the Stanley Cup, as well as Foster Hewitt. Try emailing the Hockey Hall of Fame. They reply quickly and have tones of info that they can send you by fax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad