NHL grants Capitals special status concerning Tom Wilson and roster spots

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's funny seeing you defending Marchand at every turn and then saying this.

When Marchand has a pattern of targeting heads then I will view him as the same as Wislon. Funny how some people choose not to grasp the difference.

A dirty trip or spear is a different level. I know it is rather convenient to use the black and white standard when judging Marchand, but there is a reason his different actions have warranted different levels of discipline.

Tom Wilson knows one thing - nail them in the head.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
When Marchand has a pattern of targeting heads then I will view him as the same as Wislon. Funny how some people choose not to grasp the difference.

A dirty trip or spear is a different level. I know it is rather convenient to use the black and white standard when judging Marchand, but there is a reason his different actions have warranted different levels of discipline.

Tom Wilson knows one thing - nail them in the head.
Actually Wilson hits are a lot different. Wilson is a guy that hits a lot and hits hard. On occasion he has hit guys high. He isnt intentionally going for the head. He is a bigger guy and he does elevate during this hits so if he hits a guy with his head down there is a chance he gets him high. He will have to make adjustments to his game if he wishes to play.
Marchand on the other hand is just flat out dirty. Everything he does is premeditated. The spears,slewfoots, elbows, kneeing, or just jumping a guy and attacking him. And the licking another player on the face is just downright sick. It is very disturbing. It should not only be penalized but it could be a criminal offense as well. How can you possibly defend those actions?
The one thing I will say about Wilson's hits is that he is making a hockey play but he sometimes misses his target high. When Marchard does something dirty it is never a hockey play.
I used to respect you as a poster here but recently I have found your posts to be ridiculous.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Actually Wilson hits are a lot different. Wilson is a guy that hits a lot and hits hard. On occasion he has hit guys high. He isnt intentionally going for the head. He is a bigger guy and he does elevate during this hits so if he hits a guy with his head down there is a chance he gets him high. He will have to make adjustments to his game if he wishes to play.
Marchand on the other hand is just flat out dirty. Everything he does is premeditated. The spears,slewfoots, elbows, kneeing, or just jumping a guy and attacking him. And the licking another player on the face is just downright sick. It is very disturbing. It should not only be penalized but it could be a criminal offense as well. How can you possibly defend those actions?
The one thing I will say about Wilson's hits is that he is making a hockey play but he sometimes misses his target high. When Marchard does something dirty it is never a hockey play.
I used to respect you as a poster here but recently I have found your posts to be ridiculous.

Tom Wilson knows exactly what he's doing. He's been suspended multiple times and the league has spoken to him about his hitting multiple times, if he can't figure it out by now he doesn't belong in the league.

There are more than 50 other players in the NHL who are Wilson's height or taller and they don't seem to have the same issue. If they learned how to hit properly, so can Wilson. And if he can't, good riddance, I don't want players on my team injured just so a piece of shit like that can play pro hockey. Only he is responsible for his actions and so far he has not shown the ability to not be a predatory hitter.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Tom Wilson knows exactly what he's doing. He's been suspended multiple times and the league has spoken to him about his hitting multiple times, if he can't figure it out by now he doesn't belong in the league.

There are more than 50 other players in the NHL who are Wilson's height or taller and they don't seem to have the same issue. If they learned how to hit properly, so can Wilson. And if he can't, good riddance, I don't want players on my team injured just so a piece of **** like that can play pro hockey. Only he is responsible for his actions and so far he has not shown the ability to not be a predatory hitter.
I'm not using his height as a defense. I'm saying he is a bigger guy and he elevates himself during his hits. Which means he will hit guys high. He has to change that or he will be sitting more games.
You dont know what the definition of a predatory hitter is. He isn't intentionally going for headshots. His problem is that he is reckless. He needs to tone it down. It is a lot different than being a predator. If you watch Wilson on a daily basis you would see this. You guys act as if every Tom Wilson hit is illegal. That isn't even close to being true.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

“My absolute scumbag is less of one than your absolute scumbag”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad