NHL Governor power brokers

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by LadyStanley, Feb 24, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. LadyStanley

LadyStanley RIP Fugu

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articl...me-for-the-NHL-to-do-away-with-divisions.html

THN's Proteau proposs elimination of the division system as most fans only care if a team is in top 8 of conference (just keeping conferences; 6 games against "traditional" division rivals, home-away against other 25 teams and 8 other games). But does not see that happening.

2. Rink Rage

Rink Rage Registered User

I've never really cared for divisions so I like this idea.

3. wpgJetsfan

wpgJetsfan Registered User

I've been saying it for the past couple of years now that they should do away with the divisions. I hate to see one team automatically gain a playoff spot because they are first in the division. It should be the TOP 8 TEAMS in the conference.

4. ThrasherMinion

ThrasherMinion Just Chucky

This is another Canadian Media play to try to pry a team to Winnipeg.

The NHL crushed the idea of moving Detroit back east a few years ago because it would leave the west without a marquee team.

So now, this idea is going to be the next horse to ride on? Forget it. Atlanta isn't moving.

5. cbcwpg

cbcwpg Registered User

Man your paranoid. This has nothing to do with Atlanta. Fans all over the NHL have been complaining for years how they only see certain teams and thier stars rarely. A more balanced schedule where every team plays each other team in each others rink is best.

6. Melrose Munch

Melrose Munch Registered User

The west has Chicago as the marquee team. And Los Angeles.

7. Brodie

Brodie Marxist-Harbaughist

This has nothing to do with Atlanta at all. Trust me, unless you've been a fan of a team in the West (particularly in the Central), you can't comprehend how necessary this reform is.

8. ThrasherMinion

ThrasherMinion Just Chucky

Which is exactly why this can have something to do with Atlanta, or the Islanders, or a Florida team that the Great White North wants to move.

Trust me, down here, we have heard enough schemes about moving Atlanta, if not out of the city, then at least out of the Conference.

The big story was us to the Central and Detroit to the East.

Excuse me if the Atlanta contingent becomes a bit bolder and more outspoken over the next few months, but we've certainly been taking the brunt of a lot of rotten comments, blogs, and threads. Even had a busload of QC fans ride down to NY to put their claim in on our franchise.

Just making sure people hear us and when the same columnist makes some underhanded remarks about relocation, remember, I defended us first.

Honestly, I would love for everyone else to have to play Carolina, Tampa, and Washington as much as we have.

Last edited by moderator LadyStanley: Feb 24, 2011