NHL Goalies - Backups Only, Looking for Help

Robert Gordon Orr

Dec 3, 2009
Potential additions worth looking up.

Billy Woodyatt (Philadelphia Flyers 1970/71)

“It took the Generals and Roberts 29 seconds to give Woodyatt, who is going up to the NHL today as the Philadelphia Flyers backup goalie for the injured Bernie Parent…†– Greensboro Daily News, November 22, 1970 p.41

On November 26, the Trenton Evening Times wrote that backup goaltender Doug Favell (not Parent) had been on the injured list for a while and that Parent played great in his absence.

Maurice Barrette (Montreal Canadiens 1978 playoffs)

“Montreal (NHL) – Recalled forwards Rod Schutt, Pat Hughes and Mike Polich and goalie Maurice Barrette from Nova Scotia (AHL)“ – Boston Herald, May 6, 1978 p.20 (This was also reported in the May 5 edition of the Evening Star)

Rich Sirois (St. Louis Blues 1982 playoffs)

“NHL Transactions - St. Louis – Recalled goaltender Bob (sic) (Rich) Sirois from the Milwaukee Admirals and defenseman Jim Pavese from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhoundsâ€
– Omaha World Herald, April 18, 1982 p.57

Benchwarmers

Oct 27, 2013
Potential additions worth looking up.

Billy Woodyatt (Philadelphia Flyers 1970/71)

“It took the Generals and Roberts 29 seconds to give Woodyatt, who is going up to the NHL today as the Philadelphia Flyers backup goalie for the injured Bernie Parent…” – Greensboro Daily News, November 22, 1970 p.41

On November 26, the Trenton Evening Times wrote that backup goaltender Doug Favell (not Parent) had been on the injured list for a while and that Parent played great in his absence.

Maurice Barrette (Montreal Canadiens 1978 playoffs)

“Montreal (NHL) – Recalled forwards Rod Schutt, Pat Hughes and Mike Polich and goalie Maurice Barrette from Nova Scotia (AHL)“ – Boston Herald, May 6, 1978 p.20 (This was also reported in the May 5 edition of the Evening Star)

Rich Sirois (St. Louis Blues 1982 playoffs)

“NHL Transactions - St. Louis – Recalled goaltender Bob (sic) (Rich) Sirois from the Milwaukee Admirals and defenseman Jim Pavese from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds”
– Omaha World Herald, April 18, 1982 p.57

Thanks for the tips! Barrette and Sirois are on my maybe list because I can't confirm either dressed yet. I seem to recall looking into Woodyatt and not being able to find anything conclusive but maybe I'll have to take another look.

Edit: on Woodyatt, although a couple articles suggest he was with the Flyers for a brief period, I can't confirm he dressed for a game. Also, a big point against this goalie is that he isn't listed here. Someone had already made a list of Philly Flyers backup only netmiders. Not only is it comprehensive, it lacks Woodyatt.

-------------------------------------------

Yesterday I stumbled upon a new article about Maple Leafs backup David Schill, who for the longest time I wasn't able to confirm. Its such a great read that I thought it worth a share.
Originally written by Damien Cox for the Toronto Star, Feb 2, 1992.

A funny thing happened to Dave Schill on his way to Newfoundland yesterday.

He ended up a goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

A 22-year-old who starred for the Jr. B Waterloo Siskins last season, Schill became emergency backup to Grant Fuhr in last night's Toronto-New Jersey tilt at the Gardens because of an odd series of events that left the Leafs a goalie short.

Late Friday, Rick Wamsley left the team for a few days due to the death of his father, forcing Leafs to call up youngster Damian Rhodes from their AHL affiliate in St. John's. Rhodes is usually backup to highly-touted Felix Potvin, but Potvin has not yet returned to action from a knee injury.

Rhodes, who played one game for the Leafs last season, was scheduled to arrive in Toronto yesterday morning, but a vicious snowstorm in Moncton prevented any planes from flying in or out. Robert Horyna, No. 5 on the Leaf depth chart and a frequent fill-in at Leaf practices, was also in St. John's because of Potvin's injury.

This, then, left Leafs with little recourse but to turn to Schill, who was already at Pearson International, trying to make his way east to replace Rhodes in St. John's. Leafs intercepted him, told him to cancel his flight plan and get down to the Gardens.

"Imagine this, eh?" said the Kitchener native, who normally plays for the Colonial Hockey League's Brantford Smoke, a Leaf affiliate. "It's unfortunate what happened to Mr. Wamsley, but I'm happy to be here, and whatever happens, happens."

Schill, who played on the last Toronto Marlboro major junior team in the 1988-89 season, joined the Smoke after an unsuccessful tryout with St. Louis last fall.

"I just wanted to have a good year and hope I'd get a tryout somewhere else," said Schill, who played a few games for St. John's in December."Being in the Colonial league will get me more exposure and experience. But I never dreamed this would happen."

Schill's parents, who'd dropped him off at the airport before doing some shopping in Toronto, and his girlfriend were on hand at the Gardens to see his NHL debut.

Schill does not appear in Toronto or NHL media guides and the Leafs had to notify league officials that they were using him on an amateur tryout so that he could appear in last night's game. The NHL does not consider the Colonial loop to be a pro league, so Schill is technically an amateur.

Rhodes is expected to join the Leafs in Minneapolis today for tomorrow's game against the North Stars. Meanwhile, back east, team trainer Brent Smith was scheduled to be the backup for Horyna last night as St. John's played at Halifax.

Last edited:

Robert Gordon Orr

Dec 3, 2009
Two other candidates worth looking up.

Roy Schultz (Boston Bruins 1980/81)

“Boston (NHL) – Called up goalie Roy Schultz from their Springfield farm club to take the place of Jim Craig, who was attending the funeral of his uncle.†- Evening Star, December 10, 1980 p.39

Lorne Molleken (Minnesota North Stars 1984/85)

“Goaltender Lorne Molleken of the American Hockey League’s Springfield Indians was called up Friday by the parent Minnesota North Stars after regular Stars’ goaltender Don Beaupre was suspended by the National Hockey League. Molleken will serve as a back-up to Gilles Meloche, who will start in goal Saturday night when Minnesota hosts Detroit at the Met Center. Beaupre will sit out a six-game suspension levied as punishment for hitting Buffalo Sabre Ric Seiling on the head with his stick during a Nov.9 NHL game †– Springfield Union, November 17, 1984 p.27

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Potential worth looking up...

You have probably heard the claims that Tone Gale would have played in Bruins (edit. Or was it Rangers?). Thats (almost certainly) misinformation or misunderstandment.

Did he spend time with Bruins during regular season? He did play part of preseason game and I have seen article from the time that he was playing in Syracuse which mentioned that he was actually Bruins property. Did he have contract with Bruins?

Last edited:

Robert Gordon Orr

Dec 3, 2009
You have probably heard the claims that Tone Gale would have played in Bruins (edit. Or was it Rangers?). Thats (almost certainly) misinformation or misunderstandment.

Did he spend time with Bruins during regular season? He did play part of preseason game and I have seen article from the time that he was playing in Syracuse which mentioned that he was actually Bruins property. Did he have contract with Bruins?

He appeared in one preseason game against the NY Rangers on September 24, 1968, played at London, Ontario. He played for 17 minutes and saved all the shots. (I believe that was in the 3rd period). The Bruins lost the game 2-4, but all four goals were against Gerry Cheevers.

Eddie Johnston, the veteran goalie was quoted:

"He looked pretty good to me. The only problem with him is that the club will have to sign an interpreter for him. He doesn't speak a word of english."

The Boston Record American wrote that the play of Gale and rookie defenseman Rich Smith were the only bright spots to coach Harry Sinden. The newspaper also wrote that coach Rudy Pilous and many others were impressed by Gale, who ended up playing in Syracuse (EHL) that season.

Benchwarmers

Oct 27, 2013

Lorne Molleken (Minnesota North Stars 1984/85)

“Goaltender Lorne Molleken of the American Hockey League’s Springfield Indians was called up Friday by the parent Minnesota North Stars after regular Stars’ goaltender Don Beaupre was suspended by the National Hockey League. Molleken will serve as a back-up to Gilles Meloche, who will start in goal Saturday night when Minnesota hosts Detroit at the Met Center. Beaupre will sit out a six-game suspension levied as punishment for hitting Buffalo Sabre Ric Seiling on the head with his stick during a Nov.9 NHL game ” – Springfield Union, November 17, 1984 p.27

I had Lorne Molleken on my maybe list but with no solid leads. Your article was the ammunition I needed. Did more digging and found a second article that supports Molleken being in the NHL with Minnesota. I can now say for certain that Molleken was backup in 1 NHL game with Minnesota, November 17, 1984 in a 3-3 tie vs Red Wings.

From Nov. 17, Herald and Review (Illinois)

North Stars Beaupre suspended: The National Hockey League suspended Minnesota North Stars goaltender Don Beaupre for six games for hitting Buffalo Sabre Ric Seiling on the head with his stick during a Nov. 9 game, the North Stars said Friday. Beaupre will serve the first game of his suspension tonight and will be eligible to play Dec. 1 when the North Stars host Calgary. Beaupre has a 3-6-2 record this season and has allowed 48 goals for a 4.33 goals-against average. North Stars General Manager Lou Nanne said Loren Molleken will be called up from the team's Springfield, Mass., farm club as a backup goalie.

The timeline:
Nov. 7, 1984 Don Beaupre stick swinging incident vs Sabres
Nov. 16, 1984 - After review, Beaupre suspended for incident
Nov. 17, 1984 - Minnesota plays Detroit with Meloche in net and Molleken as backup
Nov. 19, 1984 - Minnesota acquires Rollie Melanson from NY Islanders
Nov. 20, 1984 - Newspapers article indicates Meloche, Melanson and Beaupre are three goalies currently on Stars roster.
Nov. 21, 1984 - North Stars play Maple Leafs with Meloche in net, Melanson likely backup.
Nov. 23, 1984 - Melanson makes North Stars debut, Molleken definitely gone by this point.

Last edited:

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
The Boston Record American wrote that the play of Gale and rookie defenseman Rich Smith were the only bright spots to coach Harry Sinden. The newspaper also wrote that coach Rudy Pilous and many others were impressed by Gale, who ended up playing in Syracuse (EHL) that season.

He seemed to be viewed pretty high in NA. He was in Blackhawks camp, Los Angeles Sharks tried to sign (or even signed him can´t remember) and was picked in WHA general player draft by New York Raiders.

-----------------
Nice to get Molleken confirmed. He was in Kings and Islanders organization too, but haven´t found that he would have been recalled during season...

Benchwarmers

Oct 27, 2013
Looks like I found another one.

Jocelyn Perreault Looks like he dressed with the 1987/88 Montreal Canadiens.

The Gazette (Montreal) Nov. 30, 1987.

Goaltender Jocelyn Perreault made the long trip from Sherbrooke to Winnipeg to act as backup to Patrick Roy on Saturday. He was recalled to replace Brian Hayward, who suffered back spasms in Minnesota on Friday. But Hayward now says he's improved to the point where he can at least back up Roy tonight against the Bruins. Canadiens coach Jean Perron hasn't said whether or not he'll dress Hayward.

Timeline:
Nov. 27, 1987 - Montreal vs Minnesota. Roy plays whole game but Hayward was suffering from back spasms.
Nov. 28, 1987 (saturday) - Montreal vs Winnipeg. Roy plays entire game but Hayward unable to dress so Perreault recalled from Sherbrooke.
Nov. 30, 1987 - Montreal vs Boston. Patrick Roy plays entire game. Backup unknown.
Dec. 2, 1987 - Montreal vs Vancouver. Patrick Roy plas entire game. Backup likely Hayward but Perreault still with Habs.

Dec. 4, 1987 Perreault was returned to Sherbrooke.

So it seems VERY likely that Jocelyn Perreault dressed as a backup in a least 1 NHL game, November 28, 1987 with the Montreal Canadiens.

Robert Gordon Orr

Dec 3, 2009
Pete Donnelly (Detroit Red Wings 1968/69)

Detroit, Mich (AP) – “I never imagined I’d get a chance like this,” said 20-year old Goalie Pete Donnelly. “It’s a pleasure just to sit on the bench.” Donnelly was sitting home watching a football game at 1:30 p.m. Saturday when Detroit Red Wing farm director Jim Skinner telephoned him to ask him to be backup goalie to Roy Edwards in a National Hockey League matinee game against Oakland one-half hour later.

Donnelly, a native Detroiter who plays club hockey for the University of Detroit jumped at the chance. It was an emergency situation because regular Goalie Roger Crozier, stricken with the flu, was unable to dress for the game and his backup man Terry Sawchuk remained out with a broken finger.

Edwards had been called up Wednesday from the Wings’ Fort Worth farm club and responded with a fine game, turning back 29 shots in Detroit’s 3-1 victory over the Seals. Sid Abel, Red Wing general manager, said he didn’t realize until one hour before the game how badly Crozier was feeling. “We were lucky Peter was home,” Abel said. “This was an extreme emergency,” Coach Bill Gadsby added. “I sent Roger home.”

In the locker room after the game Abel came over to Donnelly who was dressing in a corner and said: “We’re calling someone up from Forth Worth for tomorrow’s game, but I’d like to have you come over anyway.” The quiet, reserved amateur said he would.

“They give you so much money for a game,” he told a newsman, “but I wasn’t even interested in that. I just wanted to come down and be in the same room with these men and sit on the bench with them.” Donnelly who played in the Wings’ junior system, said he played in an exhibition game against the Red Wings in Kitchener, Ont.

“My biggest thrill was when I stopped Gordie Howe point blank,” he said. “I know Mr.Howe; my younger brother played hockey with his sons.” He said what worried him most about the call from the Wings was his amateur status. But he said he was told an amateur can be with the team for five games without endangering his non-professional standing.

Donnelly said Saturday’s opportunity “was a freak accident.” But the dark-haired goalie said he would like eventually to be an NHL hockey player. “with any team.”Omaha-World Herald, December 15, 1968 p.62

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Nice ones!

Offtopic, but Keith "Leaky" LeLievre was (according to source) benchwarmer for Chicago Cougars in WHA. Prior to first season Cougars hold press conference where they announced signing of LeLievre and others. LeLievre was in the press confernce. Seemed to be funny guy.

Clip of that article

The Brandon Sun August 15, 1972
Lelievre says he chose the WHA over the NHL for two reasons. First, the NHL wanted no part of him. Second, when it boiled down to trying out with Cougars or working in the office of a Canadian loan company (;"call it a financial institution." he said, '"it sounds better" ...) he chose Cougars hands down. The finance company thought so much of Leaky that when he asked them for a leave of absence to attend training camp, they fired him...

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Benchwarmers

Oct 27, 2013
World Hockey Association

Robert Gordon Orr - Awesome find with Donnelly and thanks for posting the article.

Sanf,

Going from Keith LiLievre, who I have listed as a strong maybe, here is was I have for WHA backups only.

John Voss - 1975/76 Cleveland Crusaders (Possible, not confirmed)

Some context:

Jan. 29, 1976 The Daily Reporter (Dover, Ohio)
"The Cleveland Crusaders, suddenly short one All-Star goalie, made a move Wednesday to shore up the nets, signing Cam Newton for the remainder of the season. Team officials said Newton, 25, would join the Crusaders in Phoenix and might play against the Roadrunners Friday night. Coach John Wilson went with veteran Jacques Caron against Cincinnati Wednesday night, but Caron was expected to be returned to Syracuse of the North American Hockey League today. The Crusaders defeated Cincinnati 4-2. Spare goalie John Voss, called up along with Caron after All-Star Gerry Cheevers was released at his own request Tuesday, was to accompany the team through the remainder of its six-game road trip. Bob Whidden, who is the heir apparent to Cheevers' No. 1 spot, is expected to miss at least those six games because of a sore back. Newton is a three-year veteran of the World"

Feb. 2, 1976 The Post-Standard (Syracuse, New York)
"Southern Hockey League goalie John Voss (from Tidewater) is with the Crusaders, but isn't too mobile, as he recently had his leg in a cast for three weeks."

Oct. 11, 1975 The Evening Independent (Ohio)

"Cleveland goalie Gerry Cheevers has been hampered by a groin injury and reserve goaltender Bob Whidden is still suffering from a hand injury. If Whidden can't play, John Voss will man the nets."

-------------------------------

When was trying to confirm Andy Stoesz (did with a couple newspaper articles) I stumbled upon a nice little article from the Winnipeg Jets history website. Terry Ross, Andy Stoesz and Harvey Stewart all dressed as backups with the WHA's Winnipeg Jets.

The Forgotten Fill-Ins

Amateur players who answered the Jets' call

The World Hockey Association provided its fans with top-calibre, major-league hockey throughout its seven-year run. As the league's dominant team, the Winnipeg Jets led the way in delivering a competitive product that rivalled anything the NHL could offer.

What is often forgotten about that era, however, is that WHA teams did not have the depth that NHL teams had. When a player went down with an injury, an NHL team could call upon a player from their farm system. WHA teams did not have that luxury. For a time, the league shared in the operation of the Jacksonville Barons of the AHL and each team contributed a couple of spare players, but, for the most part, what WHA fans saw on the ice was all the respective clubs had under contract.

As a result, the Jets were often forced to call upon amateur players from a local senior league to fill in when a player went down.

Terry Ross, a 23-year-old student at the University of Manitoba who had played in Austria in 1973-1974 and once attended training camp with the NHL's Atlanta Flames, answered the call on January 9, 1975 when goaltender Joe Daley couldn't go on account of a bad back. Ross, who was currently playing for the St. Boniface Mohawks of the Central Amateur Senior Hockey League (CASHL), suited up as the backup to Curt Larsson that night and was on the bench again three nights later as Daley's backup when Larsson's bad knee flared up.

Daley was suspended for Game 3 of the Jets' first-round playoff series against the Edmonton Oilers in 1976, so the Jets called on 22-year-old Andy Stoesz to back up Curt Larsson in Edmonton. A tenth-round draft choice of the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1975, Stoesz was playing with the Steinbach Huskies of the CASHL when he got the call and watched as Larsson backstopped the Jets to a 3-2 victory.

Down to 14 healthy skaters in January 1977 due to an unprecedented rash of injuries, the Jets called on 30-year-old Morris Mott and 25-year-old Jim Cole and signed both to ten-game tryout contracts. Mott had spent three seasons in the NHL with the California Golden Seals and had played the previous season in Sweden, but Cole had no such professional experience to draw upon. Cole was working as an aircraft mechanic with the Government of Manitoba when he got the call from Jets' General Manager Rudy Pilous. Both players were currently playing in the CASHL and were rushed to San Diego, where they played against the Mariners.

Mott and Cole each played two games and both had an assist to their credit. Mott also picked up a black eye in a fight with Ray Adduono of the Mariners.

In November 1978, Joe Daley fell ill and again in need of a goaltender, the Jets plucked 24-year-old Harvey Stewart from the East Kildonan-Elmwood Millionaires of the CASHL. Stewart was a seventh-round draft choice of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings who had two minor pro seasons under his belt and joined the Jets in Quebec, where he served as Markus Mattsson's backup. Upon returning from the road trip, Stewart returned to his job at Weldwood of Canada, a wholesale plywood distributor.

Not all of the Jets during their WHA years were as celebrated as Bobby Hull and these amateurs quietly filled in to keep the Jets' ship afloat in their time of need.

Another 'maybe' is Rich(ard) Szabos with the WHA's Stingers or Roadrunners.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
When was trying to confirm Andy Stoesz (did with a couple newspaper articles) I stumbled upon a nice little article from the Winnipeg Jets history website. Terry Ross, Andy Stoesz and Harvey Stewart all dressed as backups with the WHA's Winnipeg Jets.

The Forgotten Fill-Ins

I ended up to there when I was researching Harvey Stewart :).

It is a bit of stretch, but Jukka Airaksinen was Team Finlands (Sisu team) backup goalie when they played what was suppose to be exhibition game against Oilers in 1979. And it sort of was exhibition game, but

Wiki
In addition, because the Racers had folded after playing an odd number of games, the Edmonton Oilers played the Finnish National Team (with future Oiler Jari Kurri) once at home so as to allow each of the six surviving WHA teams to play 80 regular season games. The Oilers won by a score of 8-4, a result which in itself made no difference by the end of the regular season which Edmonton won by an eleven point margin over the Quebec Nordiques.

Picture of Airaksinen (with Mattsson) few days after that
normal_Kimi%20ja%20Aikku%20Winnipeg%2025_3_1979.jpg

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
1982 After the season Los Angeles Kings dropped Dave Hainsworth (and Gary Bromley) from their roster. Hainsworth (who I believe may have been grandson of George) was Rangers prospect decade before that, but atleast according to Hockeydb he had been years out of pro hockey. Is it possible that he was emergency signing by Kings during that season?

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Sometime between 82-84

Best I can come up with from memory

It was a Saturday night hockey night in canada broadcast

Benchwarmers

Oct 27, 2013
Couldn't find anything on Jim Appleby. He only played junior and college so he was never a pro player. If he was recalled it would have been on an emergency basis, likely for just a single game.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Couldn't find anything on Jim Appleby. He only played junior and college so he was never a pro player. If he was recalled it would have been on an emergency basis, likely for just a single game.

And all the way from the WHL or College?... Doesnt make sense.... Maybe crobro, he attended Leafs Training Camps & your remembering a pre-Season game?

Benchwarmers

Oct 27, 2013
While looking into some WHA goaltending history I found an interesting article about a Bill McConnell. I can't find anything from the actual time to collaborate this story. Its interesting because it implies that McConnell, who I can't find any information about, not only dressed as a backup but appeared in a WHA game with the 1974/75 Vancouver Blazers. Anyone know anything else about this? I took a look through the game summaries from this Blazers season and couldn't find the game the article refers to.

Written by Denny Boyd for The Vancouver Sun, Feb. 8, 1989.

In the winter of 1974, North Vancouver dentist Dr. Bill McConnell got an emergency call from Winnipeg.

Andy Bathgate said, "Doc, Wayne Wood has tonsillitis. Pack up your stuff and meet us in Edmonton tomorrow night."

Some of that made sense, some of it didn't. Bathgate was the assistant coach of the Vancouver Blazers World Hockey Association team, Wood was a Blazer goalie and McConnell was the team dentist who also served as the Blazers' game-day practice goalie. But, as he told Bathgate on the telephone, he was a dentist. Tonsillitis needed a doctor.

Bathgate explained, "No, Doc, I mean bring your goalie stuff. We're going to dress you against the Oilers and sit you on the bench as the backup goalie."

Suddenly, this was Walter Mitty stuff. Bill McConnell, a 30-year-old dentist who never had a pair of skates until he was a 22-year-old pre-med student playing intramural hockey, was going to dress for a professional game, wear that expensive sweater, skate out with Johnny McKenzie, the old Boston Bruin, and then watch the game from the end of a pro bench.

He was living this fantasy in the dressing room when the starting goalie, Don (Smokey) McLeod, a genuine eccentric, said, "Doc, this is once in a lifetime for you. If we're ahead by a ton or behind by a ton, I go down with 10 minutes to go and you're in there."

McConnell laughed nervously. Old laugh-a-minute Smokey, what a ribber. But with 10 minutes left in the game and the Blazers behind 7-0, McLeod stopped a creampuff shot, collapsed and was hauled off the ice, smiling discreetly. And Dr. William McConnell, the North Vancouver dentist, was between the pipes.

"Going out there and warming up was a blank," he recalled recently. "But the first shot was a cannon ball from Barry Long (later a National Hockey League coach). I took it on the arm and it paralysed my arm. But I stopped it and I stopped everything else and I retired with a lifetine goals-against average of 0.00 in the pros."

McConnell left the pros, but he didn't leave hockey. He still plays 50 to 60 games a year, makes road trips, still meets weird goalies, like the wooden-legged one from Minnesota and the one who dresses in papal robes and calls himself The Holy Goalie. In Santa Rosa, McConnell stopped shots from a skinny forward named Charles Schulz, still playing in his 60s despite a triple-bypass and having to draw his daily Snoopy cartoon strip.

Like a lot of frustrated athletes in their 40s, McConnell plays Old-Timers hockey, 35-years and over, no-contact, no slapshots. And given the increasing regimentation in kids' hockey and the growing brutality in the pros, I think the Old-Timers may be the only hockey players still having fun.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Ha! Thas a cute story, new one on me... never heard tell of the Holy Goalie either for that matter. :laugh:

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
And all the way from the WHL or College?... Doesnt make sense.... Maybe crobro, he attended Leafs Training Camps & your remembering a pre-Season game?

It was a single game call up and I recall Toronto lost 9-6 or some outrageous score like that.

It was the Mike Nykolyuk era

crobro

Aug 8, 2008

It was also the time when NHL teams could recall a junior player on an emergency basis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad