NHL Games in VR?

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Has anyone heard anything about this (virtual reality)? I've googled it but all the articles are old. I feel like this season would be a perfect opportunity to work out the kinks.

Could you imagine putting in a headset and being able to watch Mcdaddy sore up and down the ice at 100 mph?

I know it's probably not easy but they definitely should mess around with it.

What do you guys think?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They had the VR headsets in beer cases a few years ago. It was really cool to watch the game that way. But it seemed like more of a gimmick than an enjoyable way to watch the game.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
They had the VR headsets in beer cases a few years ago. It was really cool to watch the game that way. But it seemed like more of a gimmick than an enjoyable way to watch the game.

Fair. Figured with all the advancements with VR we have had in the last couple years it might be worth another shot.

I'd love to see three cameras. One on each end and one in the middle. So it's just a matter of switching the camera view. One can dream tho

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Give it five years imo, that's when the technology will be mainstream enough that leagues will put an effort into it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad