NHL gamecenter live French package

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
"NHL Out-of-Market French Package
$59.99/season
Only available West of Belleville, ON (See Region Description). This limited access pass includes out-of-market Habs & Sens regional games broadcast in French (regular season only)."

What are" out of market games", how are they determined? Could I see all Habs games in French using a VPN for example?

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Watching live habs games online

I was wondering if there are any legitimate ways to watch live Habs games online throughout the season with decent quality? I have recently moved into my own place and i dont plan on getting a TV package just to get my hockey fix.

Any suggestions?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
As far as I know the two options are Rogers gamecenter live and hockeystream. Gamecenter is the official service, more expensive and with blackouts.

Hockeystream is more or less illegal, but no blackouts and has a bunch of league, including ahl. Last I tried it quality of the streams was not to great, but that was a while back.

Gamecenter live will be getting a brand new behind the scenes sometime in 2016, MLB's stream service will run it, appartently they're the best in the business...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I got the NHL Gamecenter French package last year as I live in Toronto. Did not really want to pay the full price since I really only follow the leafs and habs.

It's great if you ask me. You get every single habs and sens game except for the ones broadcasted on CBC (Saturday/playoffs). You can watch the ones on CBC through the website too I believe as long as you're a canadian resident.

Probably what I'm going to end up doing again this year. It's a great value if you are french speaking and only care to watch the habs.

Used to subscribe to the French package on Bell but that cost like 20$ a month so I'm actually saving money this way. Now that it is blacked out in Ontario I don't have this option anymore. The guys on TVA and RDS are pretty useless anyways other than the play by play guys.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
NHL GameCentre Live + VPN has worked for me, watch all Habs games. Purchasing with the VPN can also bring the price down.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
NHL GameCentre Live + VPN has worked for me, watch all Habs games. Purchasing with the VPN can also bring the price down.

So is it the same as last year? Games split between Sportsnet and City tv? Between those 2, every game was televied in English which was perfect

IdontSpitOnTheIce

Apr 27, 2012
I can watch every habs/sens game with RDS/TVA/TSN/SN. Ottawa plays mostly on mondays/wednesdays/fridays and Habs play on tuesdays/thursdays/saturdays

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I got the NHL Gamecenter French package last year as I live in Toronto. Did not really want to pay the full price since I really only follow the leafs and habs.

It's great if you ask me. You get every single habs and sens game except for the ones broadcasted on CBC (Saturday/playoffs). You can watch the ones on CBC through the website too I believe as long as you're a canadian resident.

Probably what I'm going to end up doing again this year. It's a great value if you are french speaking and only care to watch the habs.

Used to subscribe to the French package on Bell but that cost like 20$ a month so I'm actually saving money this way. Now that it is blacked out in Ontario I don't have this option anymore. The guys on TVA and RDS are pretty useless anyways other than the play by play guys.

I'm sorry, you're saying buying the FRENCH package I can't get Saturday games because they're on CBC?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Also, using GCL, can you watch it on 2 TV's in the same house at once?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
As far as I know the two options are Rogers gamecenter live and hockeystream. Gamecenter is the official service, more expensive and with blackouts.

Hockeystream is more or less illegal, but no blackouts and has a bunch of league, including ahl. Last I tried it quality of the streams was not to great, but that was a while back.

Gamecenter live will be getting a brand new behind the scenes sometime in 2016, MLB's stream service will run it, appartently they're the best in the business...

Hockeystreams quality is great now, I used it last year

and yes you'll get the blackouts on the french package, you should call Rogers and have them explain it to you (if you're lucky, last year I called them and ca tournait autour du pot pas mal)

EDIT: holy crap it's $179 now, what the hell. that's almost twice the price of Hockeystreams

FranksterQc

Nov 17, 2010
Hockeystreams quality is great now, I used it last year

and yes you'll get the blackouts on the french package, you should call Rogers and have them explain it to you (if you're lucky, last year I called them and ca tournait autour du pot pas mal)

EDIT: holy crap it's $179 now, what the hell. that's almost twice the price of Hockeystreams

I too was very happy with hs last year. Also hs allows you to suspend your subscription which allows it to span over more than one season...

FranksterQc

Nov 17, 2010
Is the tv coverage the same as last season for the Habs? English coverage was great in
Kingston between City as sportsnet

I dont know about this year but last year I could watch most if not all saturday night games on city (english) with my HD antenna in montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad