NHL GameCenter Live and Habs?

angryhabsfan

Dec 23, 2011
I live in Montreal, i don't have/want cable tv anymore. But i do wanna watch this season and paying 40-50$ a month only to watch hockey on RDS is not an option. I was looking at NHL GameCenter Live website and thought this was really interesting since RDS doesn't offer live streaming anymore until i saw this in the FAQs:

Why am I unable to watch a game in NHL GameCenter LIVEâ„¢?

A game may not be available to watch live or within 48 hours of completion if it meets any of the below criteria:

- Your local team is playing and televising the game on a local over-the-air station and you are located within that station's signal.

- Your local team is playing and televising the game on a local regional sports network and your cable or satellite system falls within the distribution for that local regional sports network (regardless of whether your cable or satellite system actually carries that regional sports network.)

- Your local team is playing and there is no local television coverage of the game
The game is being televised nationally - In the U.S., this includes NBC, the NBC Sports Network, and the NHL Network. In Canada, this includes CBC, TSN, and the NHL Network.

That means you can't see any game live on GameCenter :laugh: there is no reason why i would watch a game 48 hours after!

Does anyone know if there are other options, or where can i stream every games in HD on fast servers. Since gamecenter won't let me watch habs games even if i subscribe for 5$ a month. There's gotta be another way? :sarcasm:

PernellKarl76

Apr 7, 2008
Yes, I had GC last year and couldn't get one Habs game because RDS was available on my cable provider

Worthless service

tdecheno

Aug 18, 2006
Well if you don't want to pay for cable like everyone else, you'll have to stroll out to a bar every game night, and milk your drink as slow as you can and try not to be spotted lol...or just get cable and it'll cost 3-4$ per game

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'm in a similar boat. I'm studying in Ottawa. I don't have cable. How can I watch the games?

dbittma3

Jan 12, 2013
This like ecnter Ice is designed to watch OUT OF MARKET games.. local broadcasters pay $$$ for thier area and this is how NHL protects them....

Now if uyou now how to change your internet settings to spoof your are in the US your golden :)

diskkkk

Dec 1, 2012
I think there's a lot of Habs stream on Justin.tv. I used that a couple of time in the past when I at someone's who didn't have cable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->