GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020 - X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’m talking head to head in that series, none of the other series matter for this point, I don’t know the numbers off hand but I’d bet in comparison Tampa’s 3rd like was very close to our second

Agreed. Tampa's forwards were dominating the Bruins forwards. Some times the ice just felt tilted. In game 2 OT I don't remember the Bruins getting pressure or a chance. Pretty much the Bruins looked like Carolina against Boston.

Reactions: marchand 63

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So I looked into again and game 3 was the difference between the 2 lines. You take out that game and they both put up 4 points a piece while their 3rd line put up 5 points. So in the end neither truly outplayed them besides that 1 horrible game.

But you can't eliminate one of only five games from an examination of a series. Doesn't it sound silly to remove 20% of your evidence, stats and facts when comparing two teams?

Why don't we remove game one too? Let's not move the posts like many Leafs and Habs fans.

Five Games.

Tampa owned almost all of them and their top line almost doubled the Bruins top line:

Tampas 1st line
Boston's 1st line
Tampa's 2nd line
Tampa's 3rd line
Boston's 2nd line
Tampa's 4th line
Boston's 4th line

Doesn't look really close to me. When you compare the D pairings then it gets even worse.

Boston will continue to be behind Tampa and now perhaps several other teams in the East with this current lineup.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
But you can't eliminate one of only five games from an examination of a series. Doesn't it sound silly to remove 20% of your evidence, stats and facts when comparing two teams?

Why don't we remove game one too? Let's not move the posts like many Leafs and Habs fans.

Five Games.

Tampa owned almost all of them and their top line almost doubled the Bruins top line:

Tampas 1st line
Boston's 1st line
Tampa's 2nd line
Tampa's 3rd line
Boston's 2nd line
Tampa's 4th line
Boston's 4th line

Doesn't look really close to me. When you compare the D pairings then it gets even worse.

Boston will continue to be behind Tampa and now perhaps several other teams in the East with this current lineup.
Because games 1, 2, 4, and 5 are closer to what that series out. That's why I'm saying that while Tampa's 2nd outplayed the Bruins that game. The rest of the series they were even. Also I removed game 1 from the stats and guess what they were still tied for points.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Kase was better on Anaheim.

Small sample here though. He and Krejci looked good at times here but Kase couldn’t finish.

And DeBrusk struggled to finish.
I won’t pretend to have kept notes detailing the times JDB cost Krejci assists, but it’s been a theme for that pair.

I guess in the end, for me, the proof is what he did when he had guys like Horton and Lucic.

Both of those guys were better with Krejci than any other time in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad