GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020 - X

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
everyone down on Miller but at least he has a little jam to his game and will check someone in front of our net.Blues pushed us around and were way more physical.Chara deserves one more year albeit not on the first pairing.Warming up to trading Debrusk for LD and trying to get someone like Killorn from Tampa.

There's a good chance he never sees the ice for an extended period of time. The Bruins are giving 1.5-2 million to someone who hasn't played in two years. Worst contract of the offseason.

Reactions: Coach Parker

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
What would you give up for Laine? Sweeney should pounce now. 22 year old sniper! Our window is closing!

Doesn't matter. Sweeney won't pay the guy if he wants top level money so why trade the assets? Pasta and Marchand signed team friendly deals. Krug was unwilling. That is why those two are still here and Krug is gone. If Pasta and Marchand wanted market value they would be somewhere else right now.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
So as of this morning we have one hole in the top 9, and two gaping holes on D. Is that right?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
XXX-Krejci-Kase
JDB-Coyle-Smith

Gryz-McAvoy
XXX-Carlo
XXX-Clifton

We assume Bjork is a top candidate for that forward spot and Lauzon is top candidate for one of the LD spots?

Obviously we could continue to saddle JDB and Krejci with one another and I assume we will, which sucks, but regardless there’s an LW spot open right? Can’t say Bjork has done a thing yet to warrant even penciling him in.

So...when does this work get done?

Reactions: JOKER 192

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
So as of this morning we have one hole in the top 9, and two gaping holes on D. Is that right?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
JDB-Krejci-Smith
Bjork-Coyle-Kase

NeelyDan-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Mr. Make Believe-Clifton

I made some adjustments to what I see as more likely.

marchand 63

Aug 27, 2020
I heard Reggie Leach, Al Secord, Jimmy Lorentz, Geoff Courtnal not top 6’s

Jake Muzzin and Brendan Dillon AHL and MvKenzie Weegar crap

Going to disagree here

but we shall get to see

by the way what was Tampa second line in playoffs

I’ll help

Kilorn-Cirelli - Johnson

they will likely waive both wingers for Cap relief and Cirelli is an excellent 3 C
Now compare the point that line put up to our lines ?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The world and League is so crazy right now the Bruins are in prime spot next year to exploit a flat cap again

1. Whether we like the moves or not they are going to be teetering at the Cap and bringing back 95% of the Presidents Trophy team

2. they should be better defensively

3. they should get something out of Studnicka, Kase, Frederic and of course Smith because they got pretty much nothing last year

4. The PP and leadership/character look like it takes a hit

bottom line they were #1 team in lowest goals allowed and they lost Torey maybe Chara

I been reading and hearing how Chara is toast and Krug poor defensively

Now we find out

You can never replace Chara’s leadership, but I think a big part of re-signing Miller was because he was valuable in that area.

Reactions: Estlin and BMC

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
XXX-Krejci-Kase
JDB-Coyle-Smith

Gryz-McAvoy
XXX-Carlo
XXX-Clifton

We assume Bjork is a top candidate for that forward spot and Lauzon is top candidate for one of the LD spots?

Obviously we could continue to saddle JDB and Krejci with one another and I assume we will, which sucks, but regardless there’s an LW spot open right? Can’t say Bjork has done a thing yet to warrant even penciling him in.

So...when does this work get done?
I’d say two holes in the top 9. Kase isn’t a 2nd liner on a team that plans on getting out of the 2nd round.

At least not one that will survive 20 games unless he learns to keep his head up.

God that lineup is still.....marshmallow-y

Reactions: marchand 63

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This is even more broken down, I did it a few nights ago so some players have signed since but still gives a very good idea of what is real.

I've been saying over the last few days that there is simply no money to go around for all the free agents.
Rather than assume I'm right (seeing as I have nothing but time) I have done an in depth study to see if I was right. Judge for yourselves.
I have put cap overages and any expenses teams are likely to add to their payroll in the negative column.
So here is an in depth look at what I found
In the positive column there is 86.1 M
In the negative column there is 26.5M
That leaves a balance of 59.6M
This assumes that every team is spending every penny allowed which we know is not the case.
This is assuming no team is operating with an internal budget which there will be.
This also assumes that every empty roster spot I filled (with the exception of those I awarded contracts to) will be paid .7M per year. There won't be many that get less but there will likely be many that get more.
41.5M of that remaining cap space belongs to 4 teams that are rebuilding (Kings,Devils,Wings and Sens) who are not likely to spend it on players who have reached UFA status (mostly age 28+ players ).
11.1M of the it belongs to the Sens.
Here it is.You will note that I gave very modest contracts to players who are up for renewal they are likely to get more and in some cases much more.
This is biased towards allowing as much money as realistically possible to remain for the UFA’S
There are over 50 UFA’s that were under contract last season anxiously hoping that there will be another contract this year for them.

Zona 1.77 over cap.no major players to sign 2 x.7m to fill roster spots. Total -3.17M
Blues 1.17 over cap .Dunn needs a new contract after 3 solid seasons I gave him a modest raise 1M +1 x ,7M to complete the roster total -2.87M
Vegas .97M over cap no contracts to sign so only 2x .7M to fill the roster. Total -2.37M
Ducks .9M over cap plus 1 X .7m to fill roster spot . Total -1.6M
Caps .22M over cap plus 3 x .7M to fill roster . Total -2.32M
Jet have 27,000 cap space left with two roster spots to fill 1.4 . Total -1.4
Habs have .38m cap space plus 2x.7M to fill roster. Total - 1M
Leafs .41M cap space one roster spot to fill .7M Total -.3M
Oilers have .7M cap space plus 1 x .7M to fill roster . Total 0
Canucks 2M cap space. Virtanen needs a new deal I gave a modest raise well below market at 2M plus .7m to fill roster spot . Total -.7M
Sharks are cap compliant, have a full roster and have 2.4M cap space. Total +2.4M
Pens are cap compliant , have a full roster and have 2.6M cap space. Total +2.6M
Wild are cap compliant , and have 2.7M cap space plus 1 X .7M to fill roster . Total +2M
Tampa has 2.9 million cap space. Sergachev 4.5M and Cirelli 4.5M and Cernak 3M need new contracts plus 2x .7 to fill roster. Total -10.5M
Canes have 5.1M cap space Both Fleury 2M and Foegle 1.5M are going to arbitration plus 2x .7M to fill the roster. Total +.2M
Hawks have 5.2M cap space. Strome needs a new contract was making 3.3 I gave a modest raise to 3.5 plus 2 x .7M to fill roster. Total +.3M
Flyers have 5.7M cap space. Plus 4 x .7M to fill roster. Total +2.9M
Flames have 5.7M cap space. Mangipanne 2M is going to arbitration.Plus 5 x .7M to fill roster .Total +.2M
Dallas has 6.7M cap space. Both Hintz 2M and Garianov need new contracts 1.4M. Plus 1 x .7 to fill roster . Total +2.6M
Avs have 6.8 cap space . Toews 3M and Jost 1.7M (I kept him at the same salary as last season) need new contracts . Plus 3 x ,7M to fill the roster. Total 0
Islanders have 8.9M cap space. Barzal 5.5M needs a new contract as does Pulock 3M . plus 1 x .7m to fill roster. Total -.3M
Bruins have 10.3M cap space. Both Debrusk 3M and Gryzelyk 2.5M need new contracts. Total +4.8M
Phanters have 11.6M cap space.Weeger needs a new contract 2.5M plus 4x .7M to fill roster. Total +6.3
Preds have 12.9M cap space. They have Kunin to sign 1.5M and 3 x .7M to fill roster. Total +9.3M
Kings have 13.6M cap space . Plus 4 x .7M to fill roster. Total +10.8M
Columbus has 13.7M cap space . Dubois needs a new contract 5M plus 3 x .7M to fill roster. Total +6.6M
Sabers have 13.6M cap space. Rienhart 4M, Ullmark 2.5M and Olofsson 4M are all going to arbitration. Plus 1 x .7M to fill roster. Total +2.4M
Rangers have 18.1M cap space. Strome 4M , Lemieux 1.5M, DeAngelo 4.5M and Gorgiev3M are going to arbitration. Total + 5.1M
Devils have 18.3M cap space . They have Bratt2M and Blackwood 2.5M who need new contracts. Plus 6 x .7M to fill roster. Total +9.6M
Wings have 18.7M cap space. Both Mantha 4M and Bertuzzi 4M are going to arbitration . Plus 1 x .7M
To fill roster. Total +10M
Sens have 26.4M Cap space . Both Thierney3.5M and Brown 4M are going to arbitration. Plus 4 x .7M to fill roster.
Total +11.1M

Well done! It really becomes clear as you go team to team that there are simply going to be a handful of teams trying to force trades for their cap dumps to places that don't exist.

marchand 63

Aug 27, 2020
Killorn 24-5-5-10 -6

Cirelli 25-3-6-9 -5

Johnson - 25-4-3-7 -6

Debrusk 13-4-0-4 -3

Krejci 13-4-8-12 -5

Kase 11-0-4-4 -1

Doesn't look like Tampa's 2nd line was any better than the Bruins
I’m talking head to head in that series, none of the other series matter for this point, I don’t know the numbers off hand but I’d bet in comparison Tampa’s 3rd like was very close to our second

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
All this was true this year, and prior to the pause, the Bruins were 10 points up in the standings.

Is it possible that people are overreacting a four-game stretch in the postseason that was played under really unusual circumstances?

We're going to have to wait. I think the Bruins are done with the free agent market, and I think trades won't happen until they have to - when RFAs start to sign, or when teams have to get cap compliant by the end of training camp.

Of course its "possible". The issue is what is the probability the following takes place:

1) All of Marchand, Pastrnak and McAvoy come back fully functional and stay that way.

2) Bergeron's groin doesn't hinder his PO performance.

3) Rask comes back committed given the less than optimum pandemic outlook.

4) TB cap issue degrades their lineup as significantly
as Boston's has been (Krug was defacto a cap casualty)

5) Boston upgrades either at deadline or before season
starts, which IMO is most likely of everything listed here.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
calm-before-the-storm.jpg

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’m talking head to head in that series, none of the other series matter for this point, I don’t know the numbers off hand but I’d bet in comparison Tampa’s 3rd like was very close to our second

If you want to make a comparison based on just those 5 games, the biggest difference in production was between first lines.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak 6-7-13

Palat-Point-Kucherov 8-14-22

Reactions: Coach Parker

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
everyone down on Miller but at least he has a little jam to his game and will check someone in front of our net.Blues pushed us around and were way more physical.Chara deserves one more year albeit not on the first pairing.Warming up to trading Debrusk for LD and trying to get someone like Killorn from Tampa.

Welcome to the board!!! :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad