GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020- VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
In that series vs TB, when McDonagh played, he was better than every dman on the Bruins, including McAvoy. And Hedman was twice as good as McDonagh.

So IMO, whoever thinks our defense is good enough at this point is whistling past the graveyard. You can make a credible argument that even if the offense stays as it is today, that with Smith, it's still a solid forward group. Probably very good actually. But the defense is simply not good enough, and I would argue, they need a legit top 4 dman. Not a depth guy, and not even a "maybe top 4 guy". They need a guy for the left side who is objectively better than Gryz. That should be the standard.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
upload_2020-10-14_15-8-10.jpeg

Sweeney got a Keg!

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Been said plenty of times in this thread but I'll say it again:

Bruins GA over those past two seasons:

Panthers GA:

Is it really fair to use GA/60 when on average the Panthers let in 3.36 Goals per game over that time frame and the Bruins let in 2.56 per game?
We can have the best GAA but when goals are required we lack a lot of distributed firepower. This FA period still no improvement.

Reactions: Gordoff

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Love to see Zboril on a 1 way contract. My only gripe with the way this defense is constructed thus far is the redundancy in personnel. This will especially be exasperated if Chara is resigned. They need someone to lean on (i.e. Krug) late in games for offensive production and PP work, which leads me to Shayne Gostisbehere.

The Flyers just signed Gustafsson so there really is no spot for Ghost. If you can package John Moore and Anders Bjork, money is basically a wash. It's the same term (3 years) for Moore and Ghost so it's a great opportunity to get underneath the contract and take the gamble on an elite offensive defenseman. This will still give us the ability to get Hoffman/Dadonov for 5 million (hopefully) and Debrusk & Gryz with the remaining 6.

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Hoffman Krejci Kase
Debrusk Coyle Studnicka
Ritchie Kuraly Wanger
Lindholm Senyshyn (Pasta: IR)

Gryz McAvoy
Ghost Carlo
Lauzon Miller
Zboril Clifton

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Been said plenty of times in this thread but I'll say it again (CONTEXT MATTERS):

Bruins GA over those past two seasons:

Panthers GA:

Is it really fair to use GA/60 when on average the Panthers let in 3.36 Goals per game over that time frame and the Bruins let in 2.56 per game?

from my understanding the "x" in xGA is expected, which is based off where shots allowed come from. If you wanted to look at him compared to his peers on FLA, his GA/60 rel was -0.12 over the last two years. 0.00 would be average compared to the rest of the team, so at -0.12 Hoffman is slightly worse, but its so small that its insignificant

Reactions: NDiesel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->