GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020- VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Any chance we are trading Gryzz?
Do we role with Chara/Lauzon/Zboril/Vaak on the left side for now?
McAvoy/Carlo/Clifton/Miller on the right?

Lauzon-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Zboril-Miller
Clifton/Moore/Vaak

That's 9 dmen not including Gryzz. Something has to happen on that front. Chara is coming back, I'm not concerned about that. But with Gryzz in the mix, we have 10 NHL dmen, not even including Kampfer who's a fine #8 guy, cheap, reliable.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Any chance we are trading Gryzz?
Do we role with Chara/Lauzon/Zboril/Vaak on the left side for now?
McAvoy/Carlo/Clifton/Miller on the right?

Lauzon-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Zboril-Miller
Clifton/Moore/Vaak

That's 9 dmen not including Gryzz. Something has to happen on that front. Chara is coming back, I'm not concerned about that. But with Gryzz in the mix, we have 10 NHL dmen, not even including Kampfer who's a fine #8 guy, cheap, reliable.

Do you have 10 NHL dmen, or 10 dudes with NHL contracts?

And good lord does that defense suck.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I really don't get the Booth signing. You have Swayman, Vladar and Keyser already. IIRC there is no ECHL season, so what's the point of having 4 goalies fighting for two spots in the AHL?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Decent signings.

I figured Zboril would come in around 750-850k on a 2-year one-way so to see him come under that mark is nice. Every little bit helps. Clearly he's making this team. Will his buddy Senyshyn?

McKegg is solid veteran depth you can recall and send down without worry. Believe it or not he's played 111 NHL games (reg and playoffs) in the past two years. Add him to the likes of Blidh, Cary, and Kampfer as AHL veteran depth guys with NHL experience.

Not much to say about Booth, he's an ECHL/AHL tweener. With Atlanta choosing to opt out of next season in the ECHL, will be interesting to see what Boston does with their minor league goalies, they have 4 now and really only room for two in Providence, Vlader and one of Keyser/Swayman. Maybe find an AHL place to loan one out, but depending on how many ECHL clubs opt out, it may prove challenging.
To add
Booth was drafted #93 in 2015 by Hurricanes
Was ranked #2 NA goalie by Central Scouting
McKenzie had him #51 overall
Kid barely played last year

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
What position does McKrapp play anyway?

We are gonna have so much fun with this guy. I'm almost happy we signed him now. Can't wait til he's on our top line.

Reactions: lopey

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Zboril's $725k is less than his $925k entry-level contract as a 1st-round pick. He's lucky it wasn't $700k lol.

He hasn't played bad, he's just behind a lot of talent. The "benefit" to losing Krug and potentially Chara is that we can finally see these guys take the next step and move on one way or another. I think Zbroil will be able to hold down a job this year as long as they don't waste him by giving ice time to Moore, Miller or even Kampfer over Zbroil.

Mac - Gryz
Carlo - Vaak
Zbroil - Chara/Miller/Moore/Clifton

I want Chara to come back as a third line D and have him mentor little Z or Vaak

Edit: oof I forgot Lauzon, I'd say him and Zbroil together would be fun, or awful who knows

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I really don't get the Booth signing. You have Swayman, Vladar and Keyser already. IIRC there is no ECHL season, so what's the point of having 4 goalies fighting for two spots in the AHL?

Teams can opt out, as Boston's affiliation in Atlanta did. They still plan to have an ECHL season, there is a local team in my area who confirmed they intend to start on January 15th. Apparently some ECHL clubs will start in December 11th. How that is all going to work (and if it even goes ahead) is anybody's guess. My region has been quite successful in limiting the spread of COVID, very successful even. That being said, I'd be shocked if Local or Provincial Gov'ts allow any fans in the building come January if I look at current restrictions here. Certainly not enough fans to be allowed in for the local ECHL team to make a profit.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad