The Athletic - Boston NHL farm system rankings: No. 27 Boston Bruins

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Even #1 goof here if he watched Senyshyn at Providence knows why atleast 3 teams were taking him in the first round.

All pluses - Size, skating, shot, character

Didn’t turn 21 till last day of March

The only question us evaluators have is Paille type bottom 6 or a 20+ goal second liner with vintage Lucic type production

I need a handful of live viewing in October & November and lo and behold my Providence games are 4 Games those 2 months and then 3 in March

Very excited by this bust
Just wondering here: who were the three teams who were going to take Senyshyn in the first round? Thanks.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think it’s JFK’s spot to lose, but there’s obviously a possibility that one of studnicka or Frederic make it. I just don’t see a way both make the team.
You "think it's JFKs spot to lose"? I guess he earned it with that one career game? Yeah, that spot should be rightfully his with all he's done to this point no matter what anyone else does. "His spot to lose". :laugh:

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You think, or you hope so you can work some magic with comments.
Why would I hope that? Bergy is one of our all time greats. I simply think that this could be the year that age and injuries catch up to him. I think we've already seen signs of his decline. I hope I'm wrong.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You "think it's JFKs spot to lose"? I guess he earned it with that one career game? Yeah, that spot should be rightfully his with all he's done to this point no matter what anyone else does. "His spot to lose". :laugh:

I mean, definitely! It has nothing to do with the fact he has the most pro experience out of the other 2 players he's competing with. JFK had a good rookie season in the AHL. He dealt with some injuries, but he started off very productive. I also never said he 'earned that spot; or that it should be rightfully his. I said it's his spot to lose. You don't think that the player who has the most pro experience out of his competition has the inside track at this time?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
More and more, I want Senyshyn to become a contributing middle 6 guy, just to shut up the people who continually point to that draft as a bust.
That's only because he is a bust:sarcasm:

With his speed and size if he develops a physical game and 200 foot game which seems to be the plan he may turn into the Paille comparison many are using. This doesnt make him a Daigle or Hamill level bust but as a 15th pick, with the players chosen after him, it makes him a very poor first round selection who will always be compared to those taken after him.

Sweeney screwed up with this pick, plain and simple, I dont believe the propaganda spewed by Bruins management that he was "getting taken right after we took him". Unless the scouts from those other mystery teams come up to me and say so I won't buy it, and if they did I'm betting the next words would be " glad we didn't have the chance to take him".

Being a 15th overall pick in a very good to great draft class, being taken well ahead of your projected spot and being over hyped may not be fair to a player who has done what has been asked of him, not complained and is doing everything right off the ice so far but it is what it is.

Unless Senyshyn becomes a top 6,20 plus goal forward he will always be looked at as a disappointment. I'm still not sure if he even becomes fourth line forward with Kuraly and Wagner, though that line would have great speed and size but I'm not sure if any if them could finish the turnovers they would create.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad