NHL Entry Draft

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Chayka at 19 would be horrendous. The rest of the picks are fine as is. The only defenseman at 19 I would go for is Lambos, I don't think the rest warrant that high of a pick.

‘Horrendous’ is a pretty hot take. What insight do you have on this guy and other D in terms of first round talent and what is the source? Serious question becomes when it comes to the NHL I really have no idea how the average fan gains much insight on hockey prospects and I’d like to know more. I’ll generally peruse whatever hockey analysts start writing leading up to the draft but that’s basically the same thing as looking at one of these mocks.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This feels a little strange, with so much intrigue heading to the Expansion Draft, that the Entry Draft is kind of in Stealth Mode. We are all focused so much on Expansion, but the Entry Draft will land on us immediately after with what feels like a tiny percentage of the usual fanfare, right?
:dunno:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Chayka on every hockey podcast I've listened to, is said to be a bust. Stay. The. Hell. Away.
Erik Karlsson was projected to be a bust. A lot of Ottawa fan were mad they took him. I remember because it was the Predators pick and they traded up for him.
I am not saying these podcasters are wrong but sometimes they miss. I wouldn’t take Chayka but I bet someone does.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
It's pretty much impossible for me to look at a prospect and make any guess as to how they will do long-term. All I can really look at is positional need, size, and comparisons to other players in the same league.

The peak of my predictions is when I thought they would take Fabbro.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Owen Power pulls away from crowded NHL Draft field - TSN.ca

Interesting list. McKenzie is always pretty close to the truth, since he's well-connected to the scouts around the league. As well as Pronman:

NHL Mock Draft 2021: From 1 to 224, Corey Pronman projects all seven rounds

Both lists have the same top 9, but in a little different order. Both lists have both top-rated goalies in the top-15. They largely have the same picks 10 through 20, with a few exceptions here and there. For example, Pronman expects Lysell to drop all the way to 27, while McKenzie has him at 14.

Both lists have Svechkov, the guy I want at 19, pretty high 17 and 13, respectively.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I would like to add, that I'd hate it if Poile traded our LA's 2nd this year. With how some of these lists are shaping out, we could have a really good prospect in our hands at 39. Even at 50, I think we can get a solid player and really fill up the cupboard.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I would like to add, that I'd hate it if Poile traded our LA's 2nd this year. With how some of these lists are shaping out, we could have a really good prospect in our hands at 39. Even at 50, I think we can get a solid player and really fill up the cupboard.

If he throws in that 39th pick he's basically trading the one good part of the Arvy trade.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We should take best on the board at our 1st.

Our RHD group at the NHL level is 24 years old (Carrier, Fabbro, Myers) then we have Prokop and Allard.
Our LHD group at the NHL level is a fair about older (Josi, Ekholm, Boro?) at 30 but not quite ancient. We got Farrance, Davies, Del Gaizo, and Chistyakov looking like solid prospects.

The forward prospect pool is beginning to look a good bit better. Tomasino, Tolvanen, Glass are all pretty high end talent. Novak has had 2 really good AHL seasons and should be getting ready for some NHL time. Pitlick is close to being NHL ready too. Jeannot was a huge addition last season. Afanasyev and Parssinen both had good years overseas as well.

I'd prefer a forward but I won't be upset with a dman.

Reactions: LCPreds

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
We should take best on the board at our 1st.

Our RHD group at the NHL level is 24 years old (Carrier, Fabbro, Myers) then we have Prokop and Allard.
Our LHD group at the NHL level is a fair about older (Josi, Ekholm, Boro?) at 30 but not quite ancient. We got Farrance, Davies, Del Gaizo, and Chistyakov looking like solid prospects.

The forward prospect pool is beginning to look a good bit better. Tomasino, Tolvanen, Glass are all pretty high end talent. Novak has had 2 really good AHL seasons and should be getting ready for some NHL time. Pitlick is close to being NHL ready too. Jeannot was a huge addition last season. Afanasyev and Parssinen both had good years overseas as well.

I'd prefer a forward but I won't be upset with a dman.
Finally getting to a place where we have a few names we think could be full time NHL'ers. That's actually nice compared to the previous 3 or 4 years.

Jul 12, 2007
Who says this draft is weak ?
Probably the greatest names in a decade -

Logan Stankoven
Conner Roulette
Cameron Whynot
Riley Kidney
Redmond Savage
Jack Bar
Aatu Raty
Sean Tschigerl - sound it out

I truly hope this is Poile’s draft.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Who says this draft is weak ?
Probably the greatest names in a decade -

Logan Stankoven
Conner Roulette
Cameron Whynot
Riley Kidney
Redmond Savage
Jack Bar
Aatu Raty
Sean Tschigerl - sound it out

I truly hope this is Poile’s draft.

Robert Orr
Carson Lambos
Shai Buium
Maxim Motorygin
Nicolas Daigle

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The more I think about, the more certain I am that we go with Francesco Pinelli. He's a center which we need and has decent size, which seem to appreciate more under Hynes.

He also fits in Poile's mold of drafting kids who are looking to explode in their draft+1 year (Tomasino, Evangelista).

If none of Svechkov, Coronato, Lysell, Lucius or Sillinger is up there at 19, I am fine with Pinelli.

Reactions: AintLifeGrand

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Updated Draft Board :

Brennan Othman (he’s been all over the place)

Lysell

Svechkov

Pinelli

Coronato

Chibrikov

Raty (wonder if we can throw Fabbro + a 3rd rounder to CBj or detroit for a late round 1st)

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Updated Draft Board :

Brennan Othman (he’s been all over the place)

Lysell

Svechkov

Pinelli

Coronato

Chibrikov

Raty (wonder if we can throw Fabbro + a 3rd rounder to CBj or detroit for a late round 1st)

Don't understand the Othmann hype. Guy's a decent player but I don't get why he's hyped to be a high 1st rounder. Pretty meh winger with average size. Has always been carried by superior players on his line.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Just adding a couple of extra thoughts:

- I'd be all over Lambos if he were to fall to us.

- On the fence with Ceulemans. I guess with our development history we could turn him into a solid top-four defenseman.

- Seeing a lot of mock drafts where we pick Zach Bolduc. Don't know a much about him but his numbers aren't all that impressive (even though he played with Lafreniere in 2019-2020) and from my understanding, he was moved to wing this year, so it's safe to assume that we wouldn't be drafting a center there.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Reading player profiles and saw that Fedor Svechkov is exactly a Poile type player.
I am almost convinced he’s taken by Nashville if available.

2nd Round Sleeper

Jul 21, 2021
Looking at multiple mocks feels like we are in the Coronato, Lambos, Ceulemans area. I’m a complete untrained eye but really like Lysell and Olauson as well.

Also fingers crossed that Raty free falls to 39/40 (whichever you prefer to call it) tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->