NHL entry draft

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think that if one of the top-8 doesn't fall into Wild's lap, they're gonna go with Lundell. They have zero depth organization-wise in that position and while you should never draft by need, Lundell isn't that far off at 9.

I could see Jets going for Sanderson as they could use defense and he's been a big riser all year. If they go forward I could see them going for their hometown boy, Jarvis.

The wild card in the top-10 this draft is Askarov, but I can't see anyone taking him there, too risky.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
No matter who the pick is it will be three years before he is a impact player probably more. The need is immediate.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think that if one of the top-8 doesn't fall into Wild's lap, they're gonna go with Lundell. They have zero depth organization-wise in that position and while you should never draft by need, Lundell isn't that far off at 9.

I could see Jets going for Sanderson as they could use defense and he's been a big riser all year. If they go forward I could see them going for their hometown boy, Jarvis.

The wild card in the top-10 this draft is Askarov, but I can't see anyone taking him there, too risky.

Who is the big 8?

At number 11, my wishful list is:

1. Rossi (doubt he falls though)
2. Quinn (I think he has very high ceiling)
3. Holtz (looks like a stud as well)

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Who is the big 8?

The top-8 will most likely look like this:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Drysdale
6. Rossi
7. Perfetti
8. Holtz

With Sanderson possibly being there as well if a team is desperate for a defenseman. In that case, Holtz or Perfetti will fall outside of the top-8.

I'd be stocked if Holtz would fall into our lap but it seems doubtful.

Reactions: maplepred

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Who is the big 8?

Rossi won’t be there. Realistically we are looking at one of Quinn, Askarov, Lawrence, Sanderson and Lundell.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Rossi won’t be there. Realistically we are looking at one of Quinn, Askarov, Lawrence, Sanderson and Lundell.
I feel like Quinn is a no brainer then. Only other guy I would want here is Lundell. Otherwise we should trade down.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Preds are in a perfect spot to trade, IF Askarov ends up at 11, Let's say Ottawa comes a calling wanting their goalie of the future

I know people are going gah-gah for Quinn but what if there are offers like this:

NYI 1st and 2 2nds: Let's say, 28, 33, and 53
All 4 of Ottawa's 2 2nds: 33, 36, 52, 53

or...

Keep Askarov and trade Saros?

This draft is weird. Listening to Media and scout sources. Top 25 would have been Top 5 last year, the 2nd round might be akin to a 1st round last 5 years.

Do you want a full scale rebuild or a loaded tweek?

Me personally, I want more lotto picks. Give me the 4 2nds and let Ottawa deal with salary cap hell later. Build a solid core now.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Preds are in a perfect spot to trade, IF Askarov ends up at 11, Let's say Ottawa comes a calling wanting their goalie of the future

I know people are going gah-gah for Quinn but what if there are offers like this:

or...

This draft is weird. Listening to Media and scout sources. Top 25 would have been Top 5 last year, the 2nd round might be akin to a 1st round last 5 years.

Me personally, I want more lotto picks. Give me the 4 2nds and let Ottawa deal with salary cap hell later. Build a solid core now.

why trade Saros even if we pick Askarov? He might be the best goalie prospect since Price but gotta think he's still years away from playing in the NHL

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think with his pedigree that he'll be a good asset for a few years at the very least if we do draft him. I hate drafting a goalie in the first, but with his hype they'll be a window where his value is high no matter what.

I'm honestly cool with whatever we do at the draft though.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
My biggest scare with Askarov is getting him over to North America. Look how long it took Islanders with sorokin and he’s still not really here yet.

Side note,
Brian Finley had more hype his draft year I remember than Askarov does now.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

or...

From Ottawa: NYI 1st+ 2 2nd+ 3rd
From NJ: 2 1st (Ari, Van) but give up a 2nd

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
no rumors just proposing 2 options.
Just your opinion on which is better?
A bidding war for #11 between NJ and Ottawa if the goalie is available would certainly be nice.

and very much possible. Ottawa can walk away with a top center, top defenseman, and if they make a deal, top goalie. NJ desperately needs a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad