Confirmed with Link: NHL Entry Draft heading back to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Timmins didn't want to pick Leblanc if I remember correctly he was in love with Carlson and the selection was a direct manipulation by the management team.

Carlson was drafted in 2008. We're talking about the 2009 draft.

According to this picture, the Habs had Jordan Schroeder and John Moore ranked in their Top 10 and they were still available when Leblanc was selected.

They also had Kreider on their radar but he was farther down the list.

Last edited:

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
hum .... don't want to be rude but this is such a naive post .Do you really think that he would have said that he didn't want to live in a french city/province where people speak an alien language ? a province full of mighty dangerous separatists ?
Funny reply. He said that years after when he absolutely did not need to.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Because Leblanc was selected (in fact,exactly where he was ranked ), but was a bust , the all around fans of HFBoards panic because they are sure that the same story will arrive again and again until the end of time . If it's happen one time , it will happen every time, forever .

Why don't you talk about all those anglophone players that also bust ? Kind of ..." we can't take a anglophone player when we draft in another city , because Lernout turns to be a bust " This is such a poor logic , a poor cliché .

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Funny reply. He said that years after when he absolutely did not need to.
I said it previously ; you're a very naive person to believe that kind of comment from him . That's what we call " cleaning the room " . No No ... i wasn't that bad , i wasn't racist or hater but i only didn't like M Aubut ...:laugh:

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Please no. It ups our necessary hometown boi picks from 1 to 2+; including but not limited to our first round pick.

I certainly never expected anything less than a bunch of crap like this from this thread.

The Habs have drafted exactly ONE Québécois in the 1st round in the last 20 years, and TWO in 30 years. "Necessary" eh?

How come we don't talk about the countless bad picks we've had from the WHL, the NCAA, etc... No bias there amirite?

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Lol that svoboda story is something that can have its own half hour show. I'd love watch an in depth detail of how it all went down.

The European defectors in general gave alot of great draft stories over the years, right up to the collapse of the USSR.

It was great. And Svoboda's sweater was about 3 sizes too large.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
God help us all.
What an over-reaction. Just read what this poster just said :

I certainly never expected anything less than a bunch of crap like this from this thread.

The Habs have drafted exactly ONE Québécois in the 1st round in the last 20 years, and TWO in 30 years. "Necessary" eh?

How come we don't talk about the countless bad picks we've had from the WHL, the NCAA, etc... No bias there amirite?

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
It was a joke.

Of all the posts in this thread making fun of the subject, countless harsher that mine, my post was the one that triggered your pride?

Ok.

Well if I missed it, it may be because the tone or context wasnt clear enough. No outrage or pride here, just that your post is so similar to other earlier lame comments I couldnt tell of you were serious or not. No big deal. Sorry if it seemed like I was angry at you.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Well if I missed it, it may be because the tone or context wasnt clear enough. No outrage or pride here, just that your post is so similar to other earlier lame comments I couldnt tell of you were serious or not. No big deal. Sorry if it seemed like I was angry at you.

No worries man, it was a tongue and cheek comment, and probably should have used the sarcasm smiley thing. I dont really believe that the Habs are going to go out and make a big reach for a local kid only because the draft is in Montreal. I think they probably learned their lesson with Louis, but even that wasnt even a reach considering he was ranked around our pick in pre-draft rankings anyway.

To be honest, I could honestly care less who they draft as long as the pick is justified by the players talent.

Reactions: Toene

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
No worries man, it was a tongue and cheek comment, and probably should have used the sarcasm smiley thing. I dont really believe that the Habs are going to go out and make a big reach for a local kid only because the draft is in Montreal. I think they probably learned their lesson with Louis, but even that wasnt even a reach considering he was ranked around our pick in pre-draft rankings anyway.

To be honest, I could honestly care less who they draft as long as the pick is justified by the players talent.

You have to admit, it'd be kind of cool to pick a french star (if they nail the pick). It's been so long since we've had a local elite player. Who's the last, Turgeon? Every cup win since the last world war had one or multiple french star(s) playing a major role. My parents and even my grand father love to tease me about how Ive never seen the great days of the Habs when people identified deeply with the roster (local or not).

Of course I hope they never ever reach with a pick in the first couple rounds but if everything fall in place and we pick a Lapierre or a Poirier at the right spot it would be kinda rad tbh.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
You have to admit, it'd be kind of cool to pick a french star (if they nail the pick). It's been so long since we've had a local elite player. Who's the last, Turgeon? Every cup win since the last world war had one or multiple french star(s) playing a major role. My parents and even my grand father love to tease me about how Ive never seen the great days of the Habs when people identified deeply with the roster (local or not).

Of course I hope they never ever reach with a pick in the first couple rounds but if everything fall in place and we pick a Lapierre or a Poirier at the right spot it would be kinda rad tbh.

A local star would be amazing. No arguments against that whatsoever.

Maybe seeing a local talent actually thrive here would make some more local talent actually want to play for the Habs lol

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
A local star would be amazing. No arguments against that whatsoever.

Maybe seeing a local talent actually thrive here would make some more local talent actually want to play for the Habs lol

imagine Habs get first overall..instant cap trouble...

2019 1st over in 2022 is needing a 13.,5 -15 million a year payday
then we add this to Jesperi K (3rd overall)upcomin pay day in 2021...look out

Tanking in todays NHL causes you troubles

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I said it previously ; you're a very naive person to believe that kind of comment from him . That's what we call " cleaning the room " . No No ... i wasn't that bad , i wasn't racist or hater but i only didn't like M Aubut ...:laugh:
Sure that is easy to say. Show me ANY source stating otherwise. If you can’t, then it is only based on your opinion.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It'd be kind of cool to pick an elite player. We haven't drafted a guy who's cracked 80 pts for our team in a long time.. it's actually pathetic.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad