Prospect Info: NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread - Looking Ahead to 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Pretty impressed by Brayden Tracey. What round do people expect him to go in?

66(games) 36g 45a 81pts

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Pretty impressed by Brayden Tracey. What round do people expect him to go in?

66(games) 36g 45a 81pts

I've seen him ranked anywhere between early 2nd to 4th, but I'm guessing he's gonna move into the 1st with the great U18's he's having.

I have him in the late 1st, his NHLe has been crazy good this season, and he's shown its definitely not because of how good Langan and Almeida were this year. One of the guys I'm crossing my fingers are available at our pick.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Philip Broberg continues to slip in the draft rankings (I see some list have him between 25 and 33). If he ends up somewhere around 30 we have to trade up to get him IMO.

6'3" and not quite McDavid speed, but definitely in the next tier below. I would love to see what our development team could do with a guy like that. All the tools to be a star and was ranked as high as top 5 preseason.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Any draft/prospect junkies want to enlighten me on some good power forward prospects in this draft? 2-way centres? Boom potential defenseman?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Any draft/prospect junkies want to enlighten me on some good power forward prospects in this draft? 2-way centres? Boom potential defenseman?

In general, or ones that we can get? There will be a bunch of good power forwards gone before 56: Cozens, Dach, Poulin, Foote (although not a huge fan), etc.

Same with two-way centers and defensemen.

Power Forwards
RW/C Ryder Donovan. Used to be a 1st round prospect, now more of a 3rd or 4th round guy. Good speed-size combo, but not overly physical.
RW/LW Michal Teply. Major project, but good upside. Also not super physical.
LW/C John Beecher. May be the best option available for a pure power forward at 56, and would be pretty good value there IMO. He is a center right now, but should be a LW in the pros. He's going to need some work and a lot of time, but I think he has top 6 (or at least top 9) upside. Plus SSM drafted him, so that's always a good thing right?
LW Dillon Hamaliuk. He'd be the other one. You'd be taking a huge risk because the guy sufferred a major injury this year and missed half the season, but he was almost a PPG and a sure-fire 1st round pick before then. Teams ahead of us may take a chance on him, but if he drops to us, he could be a worthwhile risk if we feel confident in the overall depth of the class and our drafting ability.

Two-way centers
C Henri Nikkanen (was a 2nd round prospect, but likely could go much later now)
C Yegor Spiridonov (same as Nikkanen, although he could still go in the 3rd round)

I mean there are countless others, especially on defense.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
If we end up with Kaeden Korczak with our 2nd, then the Muzzin trade was worth it for me at least.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Watchin the Russia vs USA game, I like Helleson. Looks like hes the type of player that the Leafs have been looking for. Also projected to go sometime in the 2nd or possibly a bit later.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lol Manny Elk (corsica) has Brayden Tracey ranked 7th OA.

I mean, I have him between 25-31 today and that's a little ridiculous, but he's 100% a stat based guy. Makes me continue hoping he falls to us in the 2nd round/we trade up for him.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Watching the Canada vs US game right now. Not sure when this goalie Nolan Maier is expected to go in the draft but I've liked his play so far. Good stance, nice glove and blocker positioning, quick feet and really smooth movement in the crease. Already stopped something like 15 shots after 1 period.

Also good numbers for Saskatoon this year with 36-10 record and a .910 sv%

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Watchin the Russia vs USA game, I like Helleson. Looks like hes the type of player that the Leafs have been looking for. Also projected to go sometime in the 2nd or possibly a bit later.

Helleson has mostly been seen as a 3rd/4th rounder. Not really earlier than that.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Watching the Canada vs US game right now. Not sure when this goalie Nolan Maier is expected to go in the draft but I've liked his play so far. Good stance, nice glove and blocker positioning, quick feet and really smooth movement in the crease. Already stopped something like 15 shots after 1 period.

Also good numbers for Saskatoon this year with 36-10 record and a .910 sv%

Mid-round guy. I have even seen him undrafted some places, but I never believed that. He's in the 2nd or 3rd tier in a really deep goalie draft.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Mid-round guy. I have even seen him undrafted some places, but I never believed that. He's in the 2nd or 3rd tier in a really deep goalie draft.
At 6'0 a lot of teams will probably pass on him. With his numbers and tools I would take him with a later round pick if still available

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
At 6'0 a lot of teams will probably pass on him. With his numbers and tools I would take him with a later round pick if still available

I think that's the main reason why he's a bit lower. Skill-wise, he could be top 5 and pretty easily the top Canadian goalie.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
If I'm reading the NHL draft regulations correctly our first round pick (now belonging to LA) will be between 20th and 23rd...This means our second round pick will be between 51st and 54th inclusive...It will be definite after the second round of the playoffs. Just to give an idea for those that are looking at draft lists.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If I'm reading the NHL draft regulations correctly our first round pick (now belonging to LA) will be between 20th and 23rd...This means our second round pick will be between 51st and 54th inclusive...It will be definite after the second round of the playoffs. Just to give an idea for those that are looking at draft lists.

Yeah for us to get a better 2nd (and LA to get a better 1st), we're hoping for the Bruins, Islanders, and Sharks to lose. 2/3 of those are pretty easy for most of us to cheer for.

Ambassador Bridge

Apr 19, 2004

I thought our 2nd round pick was # 56

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Yeah for us to get a better 2nd (and LA to get a better 1st), we're hoping for the Bruins, Islanders, and Sharks to lose. 2/3 of those are pretty easy for most of us to cheer for.
From what I understand the Bruins, Islanders and Sharks will all draft after us regardless of how they do in the second round as they were all ahead of us during the regular season...Also the winner of the the St Louis/Dallas series will draft after us...The unknowns are Columbus, Carolina and Colorado who would all draft after us if they win their respective series...if I am understanding the draft regulations correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->