Prospect Info: NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread - Looking Ahead to 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I see Bob's list has Daws at #60

How would people feel about us taking him with our 2nd or 3rd this year? I've got some doubts but I'd like to see some options of people who may have seen him in the OHL
Much prefer Joel blomqvist. His numbers scream a guy who is only going to get better with experience. I'm really intrigued by this goalie. Daws is not somebody who will be good enough for the nhl.

Reactions: 13MatsSundin

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Any scouting info on these over agers ?

Yegor Sokolov 6'4 240lbs (Cape Breton) (RW/LW) 44gp 40g-41a
and
Alex-Olivier Voyer 6'2 192lbs (Sherbrooke) (RW) 55gp 39+37

Our forward pool is really poor. Could use 'em with a later rounds pick ?

Alex Voyer is not eligible to be picked, and is heading to the University of Moncton. He's a decent player, but he would be a typical ECHL/AHL tweener like the rest of the guys we would bring in.

Sokolov has major skating issues that would need to be worked out.

Our forward pool is fine. It's just lacking bodies, like pretty much every position in our pool. There are a lot better and younger options available to us in this draft.

Reactions: NCoRe

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Thoughts on Antonio Stranges at our pick? I was really impressed when I saw him live this year.

I feel like he’s due for that London Knight blow up year next year. He should be the go to guy on that team with McMichael gone. Knights always find a way to be competitive and develop.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Thoughts on Antonio Stranges at our pick? I was really impressed when I saw him live this year.

I feel like he’s due for that London Knight blow up year next year. He should be the go to guy on that team with McMichael gone. Knights always find a way to be competitive and develop.
I've watched him twice this year. I get Bracco vibes from him. Lots of skill and has that rare 10 and 2 skating but when I watched him he kept making dumb plays and looked like he was showing off and then would lose the puck. Seems like a risk/reward type player.

Myself I prefer Evangelista. I think he looks to have a high hockey IQ and seems like a Dubas pick.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Our 4th round pick?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Was at the Knights/Storm game last night. He definitely catches your eye with his crazy edges. Kid definitely has some talent.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Can we trade anderson at draft for that russian goalie??

By most projections I have witnessed, the Russian goalie going top 5 or top 10. It only takes one but it would be hard to believe any GM would be dumb enough to trade a lottery pick for Freddy. Not many goalies carry 1st round value, how many carry top 10 value?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
How do people feel about Tyson Foerster with our 2nd round pick? Has 29 more points than his next closest teammate with 72 points in 55 games so far and is projected to go anywhere from 48-58 from what I've seen. He's looked good in the limited time I've seen him.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Alex Voyer is not eligible to be picked, and is heading to the University of Moncton. He's a decent player, but he would be a typical ECHL/AHL tweener like the rest of the guys we would bring in.

Sokolov has major skating issues that would need to be worked out.

Our forward pool is fine. It's just lacking bodies, like pretty much every position in our pool. There are a lot better and younger options available to us in this draft.

Sokolov's skating has already improved leaps and bounds this Season. He's trimmed the fat and has goal scoring instincts around the goal that simply cannot be taught.

He's definitely worth a gamble in the mid-late rounds.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Any scouting info on these over agers ?

Yegor Sokolov 6'4 240lbs (Cape Breton) (RW/LW) 44gp 40g-41a
and
Alex-Olivier Voyer 6'2 192lbs (Sherbrooke) (RW) 55gp 39+37

Our forward pool is really poor. Could use 'em with a later rounds pick ?

Sokolov has a fire inside when ignited he will get you a few points on the score sheet and in the standings . He is big and has a mean streak. He throws good body check becusse he is 6'3. He has a nice shot and can be tenacious on the ice

He is going in the 2nd rnd

I see him play a few times a month. He never takes a game off when playing.

He has worked on his skating since coming to cb and barb underhill could turn him into a 100 million dollar player

There are a few cape breton eagles who are playing very well this yr. He is the top player

Francis is rated higher but he got hit in the face with a puck in dec and hasnt been the same player except in flashes

Last edited:

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
In Fantasy land what happens if we win the lottery? Take Lafreniere and trade Mitch or Nylander after his ELC is up?

Trade down for Drysdale?

It's really unlikely but fun to think about sometimes.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
In Fantasy land what happens if we win the lottery? Take Lafreniere and trade Mitch or Nylander after his ELC is up?

Trade down for Drysdale?

If we win 1st, take Lafreniere.
If we win 2nd, trade down and take Drysdale over Byfield.
If we win 3rd, just take Drysdale.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I've watched him twice this year. I get Bracco vibes from him. Lots of skill and has that rare 10 and 2 skating but when I watched him he kept making dumb plays and looked like he was showing off and then would lose the puck. Seems like a risk/reward type player.

Myself I prefer Evangelista. I think he looks to have a high hockey IQ and seems like a Dubas pick.

Can confirm.

Has some dynamic skill, but I really question the IQ on him and he will need a lot of work on a lot of areas of his game. His skating is his real plus, and he does have a decent offensive arsenal, but not nearly as good as people originally were claiming with him. His defense is a major work in progress, and he is way too cocky with the way he plays.

As the Leafs have found out multiple times, cockiness is not something that players usually outgrow.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Trade down for Drysdale?

Take Lafreniere/explore trading it. Find out exactly what type of RHD defender you can get for either Laf, Marner or Nylander.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Take Lafreniere/explore trading it. Find out exactly what type of RHD defender you can get for either Laf, Marner or Nylander.
No you take Lafreniere and then absolutely destroy teams in the first 3 years of his contract.

But this team is making the playoffs so it doesn't matter anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad