GDT: NHL entry draft 7/23 & 7/24

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, that's a bit concerning and something I hope we address as the Draft goes on.

This late in the draft, meh. The likelihood any of these guys even becomes a legit NHL prospect, much less player, are so slim that it'd really just be paying lip service to the idea of acquiring center talent. Guess we're all in on tanking for Wright or Bedard.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
This late in the draft, meh. The likelihood any of these guys even becomes a legit NHL prospect, much less player, are so slim that it'd really just be paying lip service to the idea of acquiring center talent. Guess we're all in on tanking for Wright or Bedard.

Hell, guys picked this late can certainly develop into AHL-level players who can get cups of coffee in the NHL. Every organization needs those.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
2 more picks upcoming here

Some guy of note to me
- Justin Janicke, Peter Reynolds, Lorenzo Canonica, Jake Martin, Ty Gallagher

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I hope one of you Sabres fans is getting a jersey of the super villain you just drafted. That is the greatest name I think I've ever seen at a draft. I really hope that kid makes the NHL one day.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I wouldn't mind a WHL prospect with one of these last two picks. That would complete a solid mix of prospect leagues in the pipeline so that I could pull double-duty and watch BUF prospects vs 2022 eligibles regularly.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Another Russian

giphy.gif

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
this is the first time I can walk out of…anything…the team has done in forever feeling like they had a plan and executed it.

take the top player 1. Go crazy on upside the rest of the way

yeah finally. Been waiting for this type of drafting for tooooo long. This is how teams like tampa, Detroit, Carolina draft

Reactions: HaNotsri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad