GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018 - June 22nd & 23rd - 4:30 PM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
ArticleThumb2018Draft.jpg

2018 NHL Draft

Round 1 | Fri, June 22 (7:30 p.m. ET; NBCSN, SN, TVAS)

Rounds 2-7 | Sat, June 23 (11 a.m. ET; NHLN, SN, TVAS)

Live Stream: NBCSN (probably subscriber locked)

Join the draft day chat here (link)
(might want to bookmark it in case the site dies during the draft, we do pick close to Montreal after all :P)

Coyotes Picks:
5th OA
55th OA
65th OA
73rd OA
74th OA
158th OA
189th OA

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Definitely going to the draft party. The wife got at least the afternoon off to come with me, so I can focus on keeping all the toasters away from moose. :P

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Morgan's draft preview: Options aplenty for Coyotes with No. 5 pick at NHL Draft

Chayka has said in the past that he weighs premium positions such as center and defense in his evaluation, but he cautioned against placing too much emphasis on that metric.

“I don’t weigh it a lot but I’ve always said you’ve got to weigh it,” Chayka said. “We include that in the decision-making process. If there’s two players and one is significantly better, then you’re going with the best player available.

“We all know how teams are built and we know the importance of [premium positions], but at the same time, it’s very tough to predict and project and get elite talented players so if you get a chance to pick an elite talented player just like we did with Clayton Keller, even though everyone wanted us to take a defenseman, we took the best player available.”

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm not sure there's much left to discuss, we've talked about it a lot. Now it's just the wait. Bleh.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Finally the wait is almost over. Next 24 hours is always so long!

If Chayka can hypnotize Buffalo and get Dahlin that would be fantastic. But gonna go out on a limb and say that's not likely.

After all the discussions and debate... We finally get to see who the Yotes are gonna go for (unless trades happen).

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Any word on how much interest there is on Hughes? Does Chayka care that your NHL & prospect LHD is crazy whereas the right side is lacking in comparison? Would he take hughes over dobson/bouchard??

Or would you guys be looking to take a forward?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Any word on how much interest there is on Hughes? Does Chayka care that your NHL & prospect LHD is crazy whereas the right side is lacking in comparison? Would he take hughes over dobson/bouchard??

Only thing you can count on is that Chayka will take the BPA, and he tends to heavily value production.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Been a extremely slow and boring today. Not that I had any expectations, but boy is my hf refresh button getting worked over today.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Rumor has it we love him and that if Tkachuk and Zadina are gone that he’s our pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->