NHL DraftNET's 2006 Mock Draft

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
I really hope Bäckström is selected by Washington instead. That would be the perfect match, and he will form a lethal line with Ovechkin in the future. Ovechkin scores the goals... and Bäckström assists him every time.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
An Ape called Yoko said:
I really hope Bäckström is selected by Washington instead. That would be the perfect match, and he will form a lethal line with Ovechkin in the future. Ovechkin scores the goals... and Bäckström assists him every time.

Personally i hope Washington goes off the board and picks Mueller or Brassard,then the Bruins pick Okposo, that way 2 of Toews, Backstrom, Staal and Kessel will be left over for Columbus and more importantly my Islanders to take:P

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
With the exception of yet another center at Pitt, this is one of the more likely mocks I've seen.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
5mn Major said:
With the exception of yet another center at Pitt, this is one of the more likely mocks I've seen.

I would disagree, it makes to much sense to be likely. Somebody somewhere is going to pull a blake wheeler and once that happens everything changes.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
boredmale said:
I would disagree, it makes to much sense to be likely. Somebody somewhere is going to pull a blake wheeler and once that happens everything changes.

Better said. The draft never really turns out like 'it should'.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Love it from a Wings perspective. Grabner is a player I'd love to see them take. :handclap:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
They have Minnesota picking at 9 (their pick) and 17 (Edmonton's), and Washington at 4 (their pick) and 25 (Nashville's).

:rant: Is it that difficult to remember that St. Louis has Carolina's first-round pick this year? I mean, it was only prominently mentioned when the Hurricanes acquired Weight and it was also the first 1st-round pick for this year's draft that was traded.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
DraftNET's Mock said:
13. Team: Toronto Maple Leafs Player: Chris Stewart

Summary: Addressing the need for younger and more explosive forwards, the Maple Leafs select the 6'1", 227 lbs. wing, Chris Stewart, to eventually replace stars such as Owen Nolan or Darcy Tucker

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

How many years ago did Nolan play for the Leafs as being "eventually replaced" he's not even on their damn team! Better question..
Was he a star when he played for the Leafs?
Tucker may be coming around, producing great numbers offensively and being his **** disturbing gritty self at the same time but I wouldn't consider him a star to any extent.

:handclap:

Also, I won't bash the draft itself since I'm against stuff like that unless if a pick is like 4 rounds off, but I can't see the Sens passing up on Fiala and I'd rather them take Grabner ahead of Persson as well

Last edited:

Safir*

Atlanta Thrashers Player: Nigel Williams

Summary: The Thrashers, who already have offensive superstars, Ilya Kovalchuk and Marian Hossa, will decide to beef-up their defense by drafting this intimidating 6'4'', 226lbs defenseman.

Right. Why not hold prospect camp and where half of them are Dman. Perhaps one can be turned into a center. :sarcasm:

X-SHARKIE

Ben Maxwell? Yep, Sharks need more forwards? :sarcasm: I think we're stacked, without mentioning Cheechoo, Thornton, Marleau, Goc...we have two upcoming super stars in Bernier and Michalek, and fine prospects in Kaspar, Hennessey, Setoguchi, Pavelski.

I think the Sharks finally go defense in this draft.

billykyjoe

Jan 31, 2005
Saskatoon, SK
hoppy said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

How many years ago did Nolan play for the Leafs as being "eventually replaced" he's not even on their damn team! Better question..
Was he a star when he played for the Leafs?
Tucker may be coming around, producing great numbers offensively and being his **** disturbing gritty self at the same time but I wouldn't consider him a star to any extent.

Haha, that is exactly what I was thinking on both accounts. Nolan was never a star on the Leafs. Tucker is not a star but a s#!t disturber, like you said.
I, personally, would like the Leafs to take Sheppard at that spot, but, right now, they could really use anyone who is under 30.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
I see they have NJ & CAL picking at #23 & #24. Can somebody please tell me how the draft order will work for the playoff teams. I can't find one credible source.

For the 2004 draft it went:

1. points
2. points + division winners
3. SC winner

A lot of people are saying that it will just go by straight out points and SC winner this year. (e.g. the Flames picking 23 -or- 24 (by points) rather than 25 -or- 26 (division winner)) Did the draft change this year? Does anybody know for certain? I don't put a lot of faith in this site given that they have CAR picking in the 1st rnd.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
It's starting to drive me insane reading "goaltending was the Flyers' biggest struggle this past season." Do people even WATCH Flyers games anymore, or do they just refer to notes from the late-90s?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Kärppä32 said:
Right. Why not hold prospect camp and where half of them are Dman. Perhaps one can be turned into a center. :sarcasm:

Maybe Valabik might find a place on the team as one...

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I don't think that Tampa, that 1) Only had two picks(both #30) since 2002, and 2) With both of those picks selected D-men(Rogers and Mihalik), would "screw" their first top 15 pick since 2001 on another d-man in a weak year for defensemen, instead of filling their biggest need(goalies) with #15. They already have Sarich, Kubina, Boyle(all pretty young) on the team, and Mihalik, Rogers, Egener in the system, they don't need a D-man as much as they need a goalie.

Otherwise, it's a good mock. As a Pens fan, I wouldn't be too unhappy with the Toews pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad