GDT: NHL Draft Lotto: Did we lose for Hughes? YES WE DID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
For all the non-STH out there who've been contacted by the Devils in the past, guess what .... you're about to be bombarded with sales calls.

Reactions: Oneiro

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This pick is totally justified after what we had to endure the last 6 months lol. We were literally Binghamton Devils fans this past season. Things look a lot better after today, that’s for damn sure. 2022 is when I think we really start to hit our stride if everything projects as it should.

Absolutely need several defensive prospects to be homeruns. If not, we need to bring in that help.

This team is going to ooze character with Hughes and Hischier.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Let's call it like it is now, THREE #1 picks on the roster, there's no excuses left for Shero. This team needs to be a contender sooner rather than later.

We're pretty set up front. The hard part is going to be fixing the defense. The kind of defensemen we need don't exactly grow on trees.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Best I can think of is Patrick Kane but plays center. This kid is flat out dynamic with the puck.

I think Kane with lesser hands and more character/better skating. Kane is truly a wizard with the puck. I agree that Hughes is dynamic, but I don't think he is near Kanes level of puck handling skill.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I had a delayed reaction...I wasn't sure if that bumped us up or not but the commentators said it did so I was like holy crap.

I was always under the impression that if a team is next on the board but is bypassed by the team above immediately above them, it's an auotmatic move into the top 3. When it got to the Devils, I was pleading with Daley to show a Kings card. :D

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This pick is totally justified after what we had to endure the last 6 months lol. We were literally Binghamton Devils fans this past season. Things look a lot better after today, that’s for damn sure. 2022 is when I think we really start to hit our stride if everything projects as it should.

Yes, absolutely. This team was one of the worst ever, with all the injuries mixed in. It shouldn't have been, but were, with the injuries and really awful goaltending for 50% of the season, this is some sort of justice.

Reactions: My3Sons

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Taylor Hall does it again. We’re pretty set down the middle for the next decade. Just hope the kid can make the team. He even looks smaller than Nico when we drafted him. Good news for the organization.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
For all the non-STH out there who've been contacted by the Devils in the past, guess what .... you're about to be bombarded with sales calls.

Oh dear god, you're right.

And it's even worse for me as a former STH (I get at least 2 calls per week).

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
edmonton gave us taylor hall. edmonton is the reason draft lotteries changed which in turn helped the Devils win two #1 picks. i don't think we should ever give them shit again.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Ya this pick just sped up the rebuild. Need to surround with solid players on good contracts. Address goalie situation this offseason. Draft heavy in defense with our other picks and boom/bust forwards late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad