27 Colorado Avalanche
28 Dallas Stars
29 Florida Panthers
30 Tampa Bay Lightning
[/pre]

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Aside from Florida/Ottawa/Vancouver/Rangers.......teams seem to have been slotted in spots where we've been accustomed to seeing.

Ducks end up with #2 and #31 picks, the latter for the Prospal trade. The Rangers will have three picks in the 40s (Philly/Toronto/their own).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I like most of the results, it looks really fair IMO and I'm not saying that because Minnesota wound up in the top 5 but it looks like they didn't do any backdoor schemes. It's wild but it looks like a ball generator spit it out.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Jack Johnson will be a perfect fit for the Ducks.

They have enough young forwards (Lupul, Getzlaf, Perry, Chistov)

Besides Smid (1st pairing potential) and Popovic (2nd pairing potential) they are thin on Defense.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The Rangers got ripped off. :biglaugh: They were supposed to get a good pick and instead got one the worst picks in the draft because you aren't high in any round.

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
the kings not getting crosby was disapointing....but the ducks getting the 2nd pick is just DISGUSTING! Yeah i'm a bitter kings fan! i hate everything about the ducks...they seems like the team who gets all the breaks but dont deserve any of it...
they ride a hot goalie all the way to a Finals? THey had no business being out of the 1st round!!! All the while the Kings are dressing 45 different skaters becuase everyone is dropping like flies due to injuries... NOw the Ducks get the 2nd pick and will probably pick up a star Dman....I mean...this is going to sound very unpleasant, but honestly, who in So Cal even cares about the Ducks other than families who enjoy Disneyland and Disney movies and half-hearted hockey fans who only discovered hockey beucase of the "Anaheim Giguerre's" Final run?

When will the Kings ever get a break? All the while the Ducks get all the breaks...

TVanek26*

Hedberg16 said:
The Rangers got ripped off. :biglaugh: They were supposed to get a good pick and instead got one the worst picks in the draft because you aren't high in any round.

Yeah so did the Sabres.Panthers actually got a good spot,I would rather have 29 and 31 then 13 and 43 :shakehead

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
I Am Ziggy Palffy said:
the kings not getting crosby was disapointing....but the ducks getting the 2nd pick is just DISGUSTING! Yeah i'm a bitter kings fan! i hate everything about the ducks...they seems like the team who gets all the breaks but dont deserve any of it...
they ride a hot goalie all the way to a Finals? THey had no business being out of the 1st round!!! All the while the Kings are dressing 45 different skaters becuase everyone is dropping like flies due to injuries... NOw the Ducks get the 2nd pick and will probably pick up a star Dman....I mean...this is going to sound very unpleasant, but honestly, who in So Cal even cares about the Ducks other than families who enjoy Disneyland and Disney movies and half-hearted hockey fans who only discovered hockey beucase of the "Anaheim Giguerre's" Final run?

When will the Kings ever get a break? All the while the Ducks get all the breaks...

Hey man, I hear ya! The Kings have many good propects and have plenty to be excited about. Last draft, we had the 11th pick and got L.Tukonen. The team is looking good and there is nothing to be upset about. I'm happy we get the 11th pick.

:kings

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
DanielBriere48 said:
Yeah so did the Sabres.Panthers actually got a good spot,I would rather have 29 and 31 then 13 and 43 :shakehead

Actually, it's worse than that since it's 13, 48, 73.... without any comp picks which will likely be added rhetro-active to last summer's UFA signings.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I Am Ziggy Palffy said:

Maybe if Kings fans stopped hating on the Ducks all the time they would catch a few breaks. You guys talk about your hate for the Ducks on the Kings Board as much as you talk about your own team. Let it go...it's getting old.

Ducks_è_Halos

Feb 8, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
profile.myspace.com
I Am Ziggy Palffy said:

Chill man...this kind of stress isn't good for your health. ;)
-A concerned Duck fan :ducks

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
aside from the Pens of course who get Crosby, the habs have to be considered the big winners. Moving all the way up to 5th is just simply incredible. There should also be no doubt about the big loser of the lottery, that being the Panthers.

jacketracket*

Just curious as to how the drawing was done on air ... did they actually reveal the teams as they were selected, starting at #30 and working up?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
jacketracket said:
Just curious as to how the drawing was done on air ... did they actually reveal the teams as they were selected, starting at #30 and working up?

The drawing was not on the air, separate room, and first ball coming out won it. Then 29 more were chosen.

The revealing on television took place just after and was done from 30 down to 1.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm slightly disappointed with the lottery results, but this is what we agree to when we have a completely random lottery. No use getting upset about it.

The Oilers got the worst of this, and the Rangers picked higher than anyone would have guessed. Senators got the luckiest, next to the Penguins.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The more I think about this, the more I'm happy with some of the results (Anaheim, Minnesota) and disappointed with other results.

Teams that had the first overall pick, traded or not, should have been penalized. Teams in the top 3 should have been penalized. Teams that have continually sucked for the past two or three year and had a top five pick each of those years, should have been penalized.

Teams that didn't make the playoffs and had lower picks but rose in the standing, should have been rewarded.

Let's adopt a better standard for the draft. This is helping but I think it could be improved on greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->