Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
I predict Hugo will have a very busy next few months including the draft.This team may not look the same before the draft.For all we know we may not be picking 5th at all and if we do we may need another Defenseman,Just a gut feeling i have.

Reactions: Habs

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Obviously you want to win the lottery but standing pat is a great option as well.

You guys will get sick of me saying it but I want a forward. I really don't care who it is, as long as it's a forward and we can justify taking them at 5 for whatever reason.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
who projects to be a Stone/Tkachuk/Kreider type of powerforward? Who projects to be a Pietrangelo/Rosi/Hedman type of rock mountain defenseman?

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
No team on the planet trades Celebrini for that bucket of snot offer sir.
A bucket of snot?lol The #5 pick from last year who projects to be a top pairing RD The 5th pick and another first round pick for Celebrini.I wouldn't trade that bucket of snot for him either.He is not McDavid not even close

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I watched him alot, close to 10 or 12 games including some playoffs ones and some U18. I actually like him alot, I even made a video on him at some point after the CHL top prospects game. I would pick him over Catton and a few others, he is 100% going to be a solid NHLer, but I dont see a playdriver, I see him more in the mold of a Lehkonen with a better shot. I just like Lindstrom and Helenius more.

I don’t know what you’re watching but the times I’ve seen him, he was not only a play driver but was dominant. He’s gotten better and better and plays best when the stakes are higher. He’s also one of the youngest players in the draft, missing being a 2025 by 40 days. Project him 6 months older and he’d likely be a top 5 pick, which is close to where he’ll go. Kid will only get better and better and is pretty much a sure fire NHLer. Maybe a safer pick but at 23+ years old, he projects to be a real difference maker and has more skill than Lehkonen.

I’m not taking him over some other players like Lodstrom who may be available at 5, but he’s right in the group of the next tier or prospects.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
A bucket of snot?lol The #5 pick from last year who projects to be a top pairing RD The 5th pick and another first round pick for Celebrini.I wouldn't trade that bucket of snot for him either.He is not McDavid not even close

1 - Celebrini is a franchise C
2 - Reinbacher is a projected second pairing dman, who may or may not run a PP. Kent said so when we drafted him
3 - the gap between 1 and 5 is light years. #1 is a franchise player, #5 could be a Kirby Dach, which we still don't know what that is.
4 - bucket of snot wasn't a fair assessment , I'll give you that

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Curious why there's not more talk about Silayev here?

Is it purely because of the depth we have at that position?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Like last year , it’s seams we are a pick to late to draft the elite offensive talent again.

2023: Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli, Smith then Us
2024: Celebrini, Demidov, probably à Defenseman, Lindstrom, Us again too late .

We weren't late last year. Michkov was still on board at #5. They just decided to go with Reinbacher instead.

That said it may end up being true if Michkov bust in the NHL. That remains to be seen

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Obviously you want to win the lottery but standing pat is a great option as well.

You guys will get sick of me saying it but I want a forward. I really don't care who it is, as long as it's a forward and we can justify taking them at 5 for whatever reason.
if it goes celibrini,demidov,leshnukov and lidstrom, wouldn't be against Parehk, Dickinson or Silayiev. Which forward would you take at 5 in this scenario? I think none left would have first line potential.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
There's been one undersized winger taken Top 5 in last 10 years, Marner

Odds Demidov falls to us is higher than Lindstrom IMO

Reactions: jrom

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If Demigod is picked ahead of 5OA, IMO HuGo trade down, potentially a large deal acquiring a young NHL ready asset and a draft position to select Eiserman.

Basically it’s Demigod or Eiserman - and they will have ALL the ins & outs on Eiserman

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
If Demidov is gone (which he will), I believe we need to draft a D-man. Buium is better than any of the other forwards.
Drafting a forward strictly for needs is recipe for disaster.

Reactions: atrud66

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
2nd Pick, Colton Dach, 2nd Round 24'
+
5th, 1st MTL 25' (Top 5 protected), Logan Mailloux

Heavy price, but you finally get the elite forward.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I don’t know what you’re watching but the times I’ve seen him, he was not only a play driver but was dominant. He’s gotten better and better and plays best when the stakes are higher. He’s also one of the youngest players in the draft, missing being a 2025 by 40 days. Project him 6 months older and he’d likely be a top 5 pick, which is close to where he’ll go. Kid will only get better and better and is pretty much a sure fire NHLer. Maybe a safer pick but at 23+ years old, he projects to be a real difference maker and has more skill than Lehkonen.

I’m not taking him over some other players like Lodstrom who may be available at 5, but he’s right in the group of the next tier or prospects.
Yep I never said otherwise. I just have Helenius higher than most. Helenius is like 3 months older than Iginla BTW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad