Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I’d be fine with an LD. We have depth but no true cornerstones. No idea how Hutson’s all-round game will round out, but I believe both Dickinson and Buium have franchise #1 D potential. Would be a shame to pass on that because we have Guhle. He’s good, but he’s not that guy.

IF Demidov and Lindstrom are gone. I love Catton, but accept that he’s probably not in consideration here. Wouldn’t be upset with Iginla either, but believe that Dickinson and Buium will prove to be more valuable players.

Feels like we're writing guys like Buium off because of the position they play..

I agree with you.

Hopefully our mgnmt is right...

*gulp*

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It's the Habs turn, Demidov is already picked but Lindstrom is not.

Kent Hughes walks to the podium with a huge smile to his face, he's happy.

"J'aimerais féliciter [team TBD] pour leur victoire de la Coupe Stanley et j'aimerais remercier la ville de Las Vegas pour leur hospitalité. Le Club de hockey Canadien est fier de sélectionner : Tij Iginla/Beckett Sennecke!"

How do you react?

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

"J'aimerais féliciter [team TBD] pour leur victoire de la Coupe Stanley et j'aimerais remercier la ville de Las Vegas pour leur hospitalité. Le Club de hockey Canadien est fier de sélectionner : Tij Iginla/Beckett Sennecke!"

How do you react?

We had the same feeling last year so nothing new for us..

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
They won’t get the chance to draft a Leshunov that often.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks tank for another 3-5 years. They really scorched the earth by trading DeBrincat and Dach to kickstart their rebuild.​

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
However it falls by the time Habs pick, I'm sure a very good player will be available.
This must be the most unpredictable draft in a long time.

*Fast forward to 5 years ahead, and realize the Habs picked the only bust in the top 15*

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don't get it. Sorry. We do not have 3 Niklas Lindstrom on LD. Our best young LD has a history of injuries. Let's say you draft Dickinson, and think he's a 1st pair type of guy...which LD on our team will surpass him? If he's right up there, how about you move the others? I think we are overrating our left side. Yes, we have other glaring needs. Which would make me trade left d-men for the needs we have.
They want to start competing in 2025. That is a given. He even said so today again. He was also very transparent to say that the player from this draft will be part of the team in 2025. A left D? Maybe. But I don’t think he sees any of those that will be left making such a splash. A right D WOULD be making the team, because there is room after Reinbacher.
A talented forward? No doubt.

I read it that way. You may not agree, but that’s how I read his comments.

Reactions: salbutera

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't get it. Sorry. We do not have 3 Niklas Lindstrom on LD. Our best young LD has a history of injuries. Let's say you draft Dickinson, and think he's a 1st pair type of guy...which LD on our team will surpass him? If he's right up there, how about you move the others? I think we are overrating our left side. Yes, we have other glaring needs. Which would make me trade left d-men for the needs we have.
I think the problem here is that you imagine that the Habs have an LHD on their internal top 5 and will purposely skip him. Going by what Hughes said today (both English and French), I don't think they do. It's 4 forwards and a RHD and the only question is who is dropping to #5.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dinodebino

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Can we trade it for Rempe ?

How do you react?
Pas bon.

Lindstrom sounds like he's a unicorn. The other two sound like good players.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Hughes just said that they will likely draft a forward, and one who’s ready to play in the NHL soon. Sounds like Demidov, Lindstrom or Sennecke. Catton is nowhere near NHL ready due to his size.

Demidov :

Monkey_Puppet.jpg

Jul 6, 2016
We're drafting a Forward or a RD. It will be one of Lindstrom, Demidov, Levshunov.
If they are not all already taken ! I think they gonna have to go to their option B: Pareck, Iginla, Catton….or Sennecke.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I don't think you understand what tiering is.

Parekh is also a RD
Beckett Sennecke is not a top-10 pick. He doesn’t have any specific skill that sets him apart and that jumps out at you. People like his growth I guess and are overvaluing his playoff performance.

I’d much rather have Iginla or even Catton (who I’m not a big fan of).

My list would be:

1. Demidov (almost no chance he’s there)
2. Lindstrom
3. Iginla
4. Catton

Reactions: Sterling Archer

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Ducks might be interested in swapping, a good chance they get the player they want at 5. We have the assets. All of course depending on how the cookie crumbles.

5 is a solid spot in this years draft.
I feel like 4 has all the leverage.
Lets say 2 fwds are gone after top 3. Very likely.

Clb sits there with the only top F left. They might prefer a d but i believe phone will be ringing hard…

You take the chance of seeing them draft the F or you make sure they speak after you?

Please no more Struble-Harris as baits.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Out of how many different total votes though?

10 scouts? Idk

But none had Iginla in their top 5. One had Sennecke. Hence if you say Sennecke is a reach, so is Iginla.

We know Sennecke has two more top 10 votes, we did not see how many Iginla did but seems most had him around 10.

They're in the same tier of forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad