GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2019 - 8PM - NBCSN,SN,TVAS (upd: NJ 1st, NYR 2nd, CHI 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
So rules should be made of assumptions, conjecture, and opinions? Nah, the efficient and fair thing to do is prove problems exist before you try to correct them.

So you're telling me that the entire concept of major professional sports teams tanking is ludicrous and does not exist whatsoever. It is a completely false concept.

Thanks, that bit of conjecture really cleared things up for me. Guess I was self-deluded to think that pro sports teams would ever throw games to manipulate the draft order.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The Kings fans might have some beef, but then again I don't care. I mean, it's not like you guys lost your 2nd overall to teams you didn't beat in the Final.

As for the Avs fans, lol you traded for that pick to begin with, get on up outta here with my eyeholes.

Reactions: Moon Knight

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
I think the first time in a long time, Devil and Ranger fans are collectively enjoying this moment.

I don’t say this in a disrespectful way, but if it was “rigged” that the NJD’s won the lottery for Hughes, why wouldn’t they give it to Chicago or NY in terms of marketing?

Second, everyone saying the Rangers getting 2nd is a crock, they have NEVER had a top 3 pick since the expansion.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The strangest thing about all of this is how it's brought Devils and Rangers fans together. Instead of being envious or upset over the other's fortune, they're teaming up to give a joint middle finger to LA (whom they're still bitter toward over denying them Cups), Colorado (for thinking that they had a top-2 pick in the bag) and just, generally, anyone in the hockey world who's upset that either of them moved up to the top 2. What's next, cats and dogs living together?

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
So rules should be made of assumptions, conjecture, and opinions? Nah, the efficient and fair thing to do is prove problems exist before you try to correct them.

Yes. Decisions should be made on best available information. Preponderance of evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I think we are overlooking the real winner “The Ottawa Senators Fanbase”. Honestly for the majority of teams who could use the first two picks, could you imagine the Avs with one of them. That would be nasty. They are still going to get a great prospect. Byram?

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Sakic should've gotten paid off for that trade. That is some Danny Ainge type of **** he pulled off with the Sens, and should've got rewarded for it just like Ainge did with the Boston Celtics.

You won't see another trade like that again for at least a decade or more. The Sens should've become a cautionary tale to scare GMs of the future.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Devils and Rangers fans tag teaming together is like when Rock and HHH would team up from time to time against mutual foes.
We live in a different time. Now that Sather/Lamoriello are no longer part of the Rangers/Devils organizations, these two teams can finally become frenemies.

Sakic should've gotten paid off for that trade. That is some Danny Ainge type of **** he pulled off with the Sens, and should've got rewarded for it just like he did with the Boston Celtics.

You won't see another trade like that again for at least a decade or more. The Sens should've become a cautionary tale to scare GMs of the future.
You are giving GMs a lot of credit. Some idiot will drop the ball in less than a year. Guaranteed.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
The strangest thing about all of this is how it's brought Devils and Rangers fans together. Instead of being envious or upset over the other's fortune, they're teaming up to give a joint middle finger to LA (whom they're still bitter toward over denying them Cups), Colorado (for thinking that they had a top-2 pick in the bag) and just, generally, anyone in the hockey world who's upset that either of them moved up to the top 2. What's next, cats and dogs living together?

We CAN get along, just not when we’re both good. Once Kakko and Hughes are dominating we’ll be fighting to the death over who is better.

Reactions: MacBradley

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Thank god Hughes is generational

it's only been less than a year since we used that term in last years draft.
Just thinking about the Devils being loaded with Hischier and Hughes... man that team is on the up and up. I dunno if Hughes is truly generational, but he'll transform that Devils team so he may as well be.

I'll probably end up becoming a bandwagon Devils fan at this point. Y'know, as a side team fascination.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
What i would do is readjust the odds back. Bottom 5 around 70% odds but no more than 75%. 6-10 give them 17% - 20% odds. Top 5 and soon to be 6 I would give them the remaining 8-10%. Something along those lines.
Playing around with the percentages and seeing what works, if I give the the worst overall team a 30% chance for #1, the second worst 21%, and going down from there 15%, 10%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%, 2%, 1.5%, 1%, 0.7%, 0.5%, 0.2% and 0.1%, in the current setup it gives the worst team a 27.7% chance to pick 4th. [30% 1st, 24.1% 2nd, 18.2% 3rd.] The 2nd worst team has just under a 60% chance to pick top-3, the 3rd worst has a 47.1% chance to pick top-3.

Anyone who's really interested, I can try to drop the table in.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Thank god Hughes is generational

it's only been less than a year since we used that term in last years draft.
haha yeah that's such a joke word - who was ACTUALLY "generational"?

GOAT Gretzky same generation as Super Mario.
Ovi playing amongst Crosby & Malkin

Time for a new word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad