upload_2020-10-7_18-21-53.png

Previous thread

GDT: - NHL Draft - Round 2 - 11:30 AM ET - NHLN (US), SN, TVAS

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Just woke up this morning my time, thought 'oh I'll have a look and see who the Bs have drafted so far', first headline I read is "Bruins pick low-ranked D-man in second round". Business as usual for another day then!

Like many here I was on the Wisdom train and was disappointed Boston didn't select him, but I have to acknowledge that every single team passed on the kid at least once, many twice, until Philly took him at 94. Clearly, for whatever reasons, all the GMs were not sold on him.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
For pick #151 the Boston Bruins select Enkhbat Batbaatar of Mongolia from the CCOA (Challenge Cup of Asia) League.
Don Sweeney was quoted as saying "The other GMs are idiots if they don't see the potential of players from Mongolia playing at higher altitudes and coming to play in cities at sea level. It's science"

Sweeney is likely browsing here and on social media for ideas. Please stop.

Reactions: BMC

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
For pick #151 the Boston Bruins select Enkhbat Batbaatar of Mongolia from the CCOA (Challenge Cup of Asia) League.
Don Sweeney was quoted as saying "The other GMs are idiots if they don't see the potential of players from Mongolia playing at higher altitudes and coming to play in cities at sea level. It's science"
I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

Reactions: JOKER 192

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Really looking forward to constant arguments on this board for the next 5 years about how the Bruins shouldn't have passed on Zayde Wisdom

Reactions: OV

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018

I heard he has a high floor and is a couple years older than everyone else

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Just woke up this morning my time, thought 'oh I'll have a look and see who the Bs have drafted so far', first headline I read is "Bruins pick low-ranked D-man in second round". Business as usual for another day then!

Like many here I was on the Wisdom train and was disappointed Boston didn't select him, but I have to acknowledge that every single team passed on the kid at least once, many twice, until Philly took him at 94. Clearly, for whatever reasons, all the GMs were not sold on him.

Low-ranked might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Lohrei.

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
Dont bash this pick. Enkhbat has post solid number as an overage overager!

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is ridiculous. Projected as a 6th or 7th round prospect if drafted. We are trying to make daddy satisfied? Is it part of his contract? A holiday bonus?

Reactions: Gordoff

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
I think Sweeney and Co have as much knowledge as we do on prospects that are outside the US

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad