NHL Draft Combine

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
13-3-10236205.jpg

The door(s) is on the right side of the bus in countries that drive on the right side of the road.

If you had seen the door(s) in that picture you would've thought "oh it's going to the right!" but you don't see any door(s) which means they're on the other side so the bus is facing left.

thank God this questions was asked, because when I am on a breakaway and I need to think 5 hole or top shelf, this question surely will help me succeed in that situation now!!

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
thank God this questions was asked, because when I am on a breakaway and I need to think 5 hole or top shelf, this question surely will help me succeed in that situation now!!
the ability to think logically in a high-stress on the spot situation (like an interview with an NHL team) might actually indicate the player's ability in that sort of spot. Analyze the situation, think logically about the best way to proceed and come up with the best option, perform that.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
the ability to think logically in a high-stress on the spot situation (like an interview with an NHL team) might actually indicate the player's ability in that sort of spot. Analyze the situation, think logically about the best way to proceed and come up with the best option, perform that.

Nah, sounds far-fetched to me.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
as I said, hockey is a split second decision sport, you do not have much time to analyze things on the ice..it is a stupid question but every sport has these types of tests - par for the course.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Sometimes those questions get asked to see how a player thinks. It's not meant as a disqualifier.

As for Hughes, has there been any explanation offered yet as to why he opted out of testing?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007

I would guess it's a question to learn more about the conditions where the kid grew up. Was it a poor kid and had to take the bus or was he driven by his parents to school, training?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sadism. Old men trying to make insecure kids as uncomfortable as possible, bet they love it.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
13-3-10236205.jpg

The door(s) is on the right side of the bus in countries that drive on the right side of the road.

If you had seen the door(s) in that picture you would've thought "oh it's going to the right!" but you don't see any door(s) which means they're on the other side so the bus is facing left.

Getting him mentally prepared to ride the bus in the AHL :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I don't get this lol

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Getting him mentally prepared to ride the bus in the AHL :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I don't get this lol
I'm not sure if it's different somewhere else but at least where I live, you always get in from the door on the right side of the bus. So I guess because the door's not in view, it's going left.

I'm not sure about British cars for example, however...

edit: Oh it was in the quote

In any case, it's a very pointless thing. Wish they had proper IQ tests or some such, would probably be far more meaningful.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
David Fischer (Montreal draft pick) had an infamously bad combine interview day. He was the laughing stock of the NHL for one day. I read an article that mentioned NHL GMs were referring to him as "the idiot" to each other.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
David Fischer (Montreal draft pick) had an infamously bad combine interview day. He was the laughing stock of the NHL for one day. I read an article that mentioned NHL GMs were referring to him as "the idiot" to each other.
Funny how "the idiot" was still drafted in the 1st round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad