Prospect Info: NHL Draft 2018 - Friday...Friday...

IF something happens, what will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Pretty sure there’s an insurance cap either in terms of dollars or instances. With having Bolland already insured, we might just go ahead and pay Hossa out of pocket. In case we need it for its actually intended purpose at some point.

Fair enough. Hossa's salary ($1M) is still stupid cheap.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Might as well get your lists out there, folks!

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina
4. Hughes
5. Wahlstrom
6. Kotkaniemi
7. Bouchard
8. Tkachuk
9. Dobson
10. Boqvist

You posting exactly what my list is (assuming no movement up or down by the holders of the top 10 picks) makes it kind of pointless unless you want me to just copy/paste yours. Ah hell, why not:

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina
4. Hughes
5. Wahlstrom
6. Kotkaniemi
7. Bouchard
8. Tkachuk
9. Dobson
10. Boqvist

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
When you factor in insurance, what we'd actually have to pay Hossa ($200,000) boils down to less than 4% of his cap hit ($5.275M). Gotta imagine someone with Barroway's background would love to do a deal like that.

Not that it's a big deal, but Hossa's contract is probably not insured.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
1 - Dahlin (Buffalo)
2 - Svechnikov (Carolina)
3 - Kotkaniemi (Habs)
4 - Dobson (Ottawa)
5 - Zadina (Coyotes)
6 - Boqvist (RedWings)
7 - Wahlstrom (Canucks)
8 - Hughes (Blackhawks)
9 - Bouchard (Rangers)
10 - Tkachuk (Oilers)

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Anyone else going to the draft party at Wild Horse? I'll be there with a buddy...can't wait. We're going to play a round of golf in the morning and then ability to just stay there and freshin' up before the draft.
Just an FYI: last and only Coyote draft party I went to, after our pick they turn off the draft and put Tyson & Matt etc in front of all to ramble on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yandover

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Too far for me or else I’d go. I’m leaving the family in Michigan for the summer, so I’ll have time for fun stuff like this.

I’d like to hit a dbacks game if anyone is interested

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Just an FYI: last and only Coyote draft party I went to, after our pick they turn off the draft and put Tyson & Matt etc in front of all to ramble on.
Was that the year we picked Strome? They did it that year, and I immediately left and went to buffalo wild wings, because shockingly when one goes to a Draft Party..............they want to watch the draft.

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I was at the 2015 GRA draft party, was a pretty good turnout, had a band playing (Howler on drums for a bit), Domi/Perlini/Dvo/Murphy attended showing off the new/current uni's, kids playing ball hockey on the arena floor....was a good event.

In 2016 I was on vacation in Vancouver and attended the Canucks draft party, cheered louder than anyone when Van chose Joulevi at 5OA, was glad he wasn't available for the Coyotes 2 picks later. Canuck fans were not thrilled with the pick. Right after the 6th pick, they cut away from the draft to briefly announce that Mattias Ohlund was being inducted into the Canucks Ring-of-Honor. After the 7th pick (Keller), they cut back to the NHL draft coverage for Buffalo's pick. The wifi in the arena was awful..I didn't find out who the Coyotes drafted until Buffalo was onstage picking. Life as a Coyote fan......

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Was that the year we picked Strome? They did it that year, and I immediately left and went to buffalo wild wings, because shockingly when one goes to a Draft Party..............they want to watch the draft.

I believe it was. Same year they had Domi, Perlini and as AZviaNJ stated Murphy (Doan remember who third was) demo the ugly new sweaters.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
It may just be me, but I will never go to a draft party. I need to be alone. I call off work early, I warn my wife and friends that I will be unavailable for a few hours. I grab some refreshments, turn the TV up loud and watch the draft floor to keep an eye out for activity. Draft night, and rounds 2-7 are my moments. I thoroughly enjoy them. I usually always keep HF and Twitter open on my laptop next to me just in case I miss something.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It may just be me, but I will never go to a draft party. I need to be alone. I call off work early, I warn my wife and friends that I will be unavailable for a few hours. I grab some refreshments, turn the TV up loud and watch the draft floor to keep an eye out for activity. Draft night, and rounds 2-7 are my moments. I thoroughly enjoy them. I usually always keep HF and Twitter open on my laptop next to me just in case I miss something.

I prefer on Draft Day to hang out in the Forum 40 IRC chat (do we still do that?) because there's nothing like being either unreasonably excited or tragically frustrated in real time, yet still protected from flying drink glasses and so forth in case we trade 5OA for Tom Wilson.

Reactions: RABBIT

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I went to the GRA draft party in 2014. Had a friendly debate with a few other fans about Yandle while in line waiting to get inside.

Got to see the locker rooms for the first time, which was pretty cool. Forgot which one of you I met there, I think @Katie Connauton was there too but was too shy to say hello.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I prefer on Draft Day to hang out in the Forum 40 IRC chat (do we still do that?) because there's nothing like being either unreasonably excited or tragically frustrated in real time, yet still protected from flying drink glasses and so forth in case we trade 5OA for Tom Wilson.

I tried doing those chats before but damn if i don't distract easily whenever I see Elliot Friedman, Darren Dreger, or McKenzie pop up. :laugh:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'm right there with you. I find the draft parties far too distracting. Most fans attend for the party....I'm there to watch the draft. Will be watching from home.....

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I believe it was. Same year they had Domi, Perlini and as AZviaNJ stated Murphy (Doan remember who third was) demo the ugly new sweaters.

I was at GRA for this. As soon as they picked Strome, they turned off the Draft feed. I immediately made a beeline for my car and raced home to see who everyone else picked.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yup that was it.

Btw, a big thank you who commented on the Viewing Party...you are exactly correct. Looks like we'll now be hanging out at Cold Beer & Cheeseburgers in Chandler instead
You got confirmation they're not showing the whole draft? That's such a weird decision. At the very least they could do stuff during commercials, or maybe mute the audio and do their BS but leave the draft on the video boards. Calling it a draft viewing party and not showing the whole draft is just inviting disappointment. Then again that's kind of the coyotes thing. That should be our new tagline, Coyotes Hockey: Inviting Disappointment.

IRC chat was fun last year, I'll do that again for sure.

Reactions: Kyle003p

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yup that was it.

You got confirmation they're not showing the whole draft? That's such a weird decision. At the very least they could do stuff during commercials, or maybe mute the audio and do their BS but leave the draft on the video boards. Calling it a draft viewing party and not showing the whole draft is just inviting disappointment. Then again that's kind of the coyotes thing. That should be our new tagline, Coyotes Hockey: Inviting Disappointment.

IRC chat was fun last year, I'll do that again for sure.

Even with the actual broadcast I remember them almost cutting away right when it was time for the Yotes to come up... like "welcome back from commercial... Coyotes picked this guy, now to another team". Always gets me all worked up! Just show me what my team is gonna do for the love of everything good in the world!

It's totally a very Yotes thing to have happen haha. To me, people who come to a viewing party obviously care about the darn draft so just let them see it.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I'm right there with you. I find the draft parties far too distracting. Most fans attend for the party....I'm there to watch the draft. Will be watching from home.....

I've had this same problem going to bars to watch the game with some friends. It's fun and all but I've found that it USUALLY becomes more about the party and less about the game. To the point that if I decided to do that, I'd just expect to just catch glimpses of the game and have to live with that or decide to actually watch it at home.

Although there was a fun time when the Yotes had Ryan White and it was the father's trip. The time he flipped off all the opposing fans... that was a great moment to be at the bar with other Yotes fans for haha.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I’m debating on making the run down to Chandler for the Draft Party. I normally work that day so I’d have to put in for it but anything is possible.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

This plus watching with a draft mag and checking off guys as their names are called.

Reactions: Heldig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad