Prospect Info: NHL Draft 2018 - Friday...Friday...

IF something happens, what will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Tkachuk
4. Zadina
5. Kotkaniemi
6. Bouchard
7. Wahlstrom
8. Dobson
9. Hughes
10. Boqvist

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm fairly alone it seems on Tkachuk. It is very reminiscent of the discussion surrounding Rasmussen last year but I'm confident in my assessment.

I feel like you were far more alone on Rasmussen. :laugh: You were the only one really talking about him seriously.

Each year we have pockets of people who are really into certain players, Chychrun and Carlo were certainly the ones I felt alone on, mostly with Carlo. I don't remember who, but there was someone else big on Chychrun too.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I feel like you were far more alone on Rasmussen. :laugh: You were the only one really talking about him seriously.

Each year we have pockets of people who are really into certain players, Chychrun and Carlo were certainly the ones I felt alone on, mostly with Carlo. I don't remember who, but there was someone else big on Chychrun too.
I was harsh on Chychrun. I had insider intel from the GM of the team picking after AZ who couldn't say enough bad things about his hockey sense at the time. I was not shocked based on that conversation that Chychrun would fall. I dropped him from 8 to 13 on my list right after (after originally debating about putting him all the way down to 18 - he went at 16).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was harsh on Chychrun. I had insider intel from the GM of the team picking after AZ who couldn't say enough bad things about his hockey sense at the time. I was not shocked based on that conversation that Chychrun would fall. I dropped him from 8 to 13 on my list right after (after originally debating about putting him all the way down to 18 - he went at 16).
Tim Murray didn’t like Chychrun, huh? Well only one of the two still has an nhl job. :)

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I was perfectly fine taking Chychrun with the Keller pick.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
My list is mostly about who has highest upside in a way. I personally also don't mind Tkachuk. His floor is probably higher than a lot of the other top 10 (especially at forward) and he's gonna be valuable I'd venture to guess.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I liked him a lot from the videos I found, but almost all of them were from his draft -1 season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I liked him a lot from the videos I found, but almost all of them were from his draft -1 season.
Go back to Chayka’s comments on Chychrun and how important his play in his draft -1 year was in their decision to overlook some of what they saw in his draft year in their decision to select him. Hate to steal Jamie Eisner’s non linear progression line but this is why your scouts matter.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Ha yea, that would change my feelings too. I only dedicate a few hours a week to this, these guys have entire teams of people to inform them. If one of them spoke adimately about how well they felt a player would progress, I'd listen.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I just had Chychrun really high. I believe before the WJC he was second to Matthews.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If Zadina is there at 5 we take him, if not, ill go Whalstrom.
Completely agree. One caveat, looking very likely Wahlstrom will be available at 8OA and doing something around 5 for 8/27/Hossa makes sense.

Reactions: doaner

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’ll be completely shocked if Wahlstrom isn’t there at 8th. The only team that’s a threat to take him before then is us.
What's the additional value beside 5 for 8/Hossa? Is it 27? More? 27+Toronto 3rd? A player?

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
When you factor in insurance, what we'd actually have to pay Hossa ($200,000) boils down to less than 4% of his cap hit ($5.275M). Gotta imagine someone with Barroway's background would love to do a deal like that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When you factor in insurance, what we'd actually have to pay Hossa ($200,000) boils down to less than 4% of his cap hit ($5.275M). Gotta imagine someone with Barroway's background would love to do a deal like that.
Pretty sure there’s an insurance cap either in terms of dollars or instances. With having Bolland already insured, we might just go ahead and pay Hossa out of pocket. In case we need it for its actually intended purpose at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->