NHL Divisions All-Star prospect line-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
I was gonna ***** about the Penguins forward prospects(or lack-thereof) but the age thing kills it for us(Koltsov, Sivek, Malone, etc. are over the age) but I still think Anshakov and Armstrong should be there. Love Eaves getting some recognition though.

Armstrong should not be on the list IMO. He had an awful rookie campain and isn't doing much better in his sophomore one. Granted he has been injured but he needs to show alot more before he can be considered amongst those names.

Tophu said:
Noah Welch should be there on D

He is.

degroat*

Birko19 said:
Team Central: Detroit, Chicago, Columbus, Nashville, St'Louis.

Offence:
Igor Grigorenko - Tuomo Ruutu - Nikolai Zherdev
Igor Radulov - Danny Feitsche - Scottie Upshall
Tomas Fleischmann - Jiri Hudler - Joakim Lindstrom
Pavel Vorobiev - Mikhail Yakoubov - Jordin Tootoo

I don't know enough about most of these guys so I won't say that your list isn't correct, but I find it very hard to believe that at least one of Shkotov and Zakharov don't belong on there, if not both.

Oh, and I'd put Barulin as the goaltender before Nissinen. Niss's stock has fallen in the last few months and the Blues rankings haven't been updated in a while.

Skroob*

Birko19 said:
Blackburn is no longer a rookie, so he's out, Lundqvist on the other hand I missed, I thought he was over 21 years of age but he's only 21, so he will be in for sure, thanks for noticing.

I actually didnt realize that he played about 65 games so far. Feels like hes played in much less. Even harder to realize since hes only 20.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Very nicejob IMO....

Only point I can notice as an evidence, is that Woywitka should definately be there ahead of Alexei Stonkus or Anton Kadeykin.

I think he's under 22, is'nt he?

BJ21

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teemu08 said:
using calder eligibilty rules....

Kojevnikov-Yakubov-Zherdev
Shishkanov-Fritsche-Vorobiev
Glazachev-Hudler-Grigorenko
Lindstrom-Kopecky-Ellison

Suter-Babchuk
Kronwell-Johnson
Seabrook-Wisniewski

Leclaire
Leighton

I hope you speak russian in a few years.
Unless Kojevnikov realizes there are 2 goalies he will be an AHL for life.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the eligibility rules, but I think you could make a case for both Lombardi and Kobasew. both are under 22 and rookies by most any definition of the word.

To show I"m not just a blind homer I'd be willing to sacrifice Taratukhin (who is a decent prospect to be sure) for one of these guys

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Where though icarus? I mean I love the defense for the Northwest.

Ummm then who belongs on the first line instead of Nystrom? Isn't he doing so hot?

And if Taratukhin isn't there, Wild candidate, Rickard Wallin :D or Kyle Wanvig :D

I would put Ramholt ahead of Slovak on the D.

With the forwards that are listed for the NW division, I think Foy (for example) is more of a top-two line player than Nystrom on this team, because Nystrom would be more advantageous to have in a checking role than Foy, who is more offensive.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Stevex said:
Knyazev may have more name recognition but he's making slow progress - Matthew Spiller definitely should go on there ahead of him.

Hey Birko.. doesnt Spiller meet the requirements? Im just curious why you havent put him in there as he's doing better than at least Knyazev if not some of the other Pacific D prospects.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Stevex said:
Hey Birko.. doesnt Spiller meet the requirements? Im just curious why you havent put him in there as he's doing better than at least Knyazev if not some of the other Pacific D prospects.

I missed him I guess :dunno:

He's in now anyways.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
looooob said:
I'm not sure I understand the eligibility rules, but I think you could make a case for both Lombardi and Kobasew. both are under 22 and rookies by most any definition of the word.

To show I"m not just a blind homer I'd be willing to sacrifice Taratukhin (who is a decent prospect to be sure) for one of these guys

I was'nt aware of Lombardi's age, I thought he was 23, but after checking that he turned out to be only 21, so he's in ofcourse.

As for Kobasew, he'll be on the top line if this is his rookie year, not sure if it is, I know he only played 23 games last year, but somone mentioned that he's not eligble for the calder this year, any reasons on why he's not eligble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->