Prospect Info: NHL combine

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Nice projection there guy.

Where I'm from, people have the guts to represent themselves, and they dont resort to juvenile deflections when challenged.

Good luck with your future thread derailing endeavors.
Ironic because that doesn't represent you at all.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I think some of those tests can indicate other things though. Say you have a kid whose work ethic is looked down on and he shows up to the combine and was clearly lazy leading up to it to the point hes horrible in every drill... thats something you might be able to use to evaluate what you think he'll be like when he gets a decent pay cheque as well. A guy like Bennett who had a bad shoulder leading up probably just told teams in his interviews why it happened and they didnt really use it as an evaluation tool for him.

I'm not in the Dach fan boy committee, but your opinion is bad and deserves every ounce of push back its getting. Everybody can have an opinion but when it sucks and has nothing of ubstance to back it up, people are gonna tear it apart
I simply agreed that it sounded arrogant, and it did. Nobody tore that apart. People just said I was seeking to offend child. Which is fully absurd.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
My opinion is that it sounded arrogant and it did. Nobody tore it apart. People just said I was seeking to offend child. That's absurd.

No, your opinion was that it sounded arrogant and a bunch of other posters told you it didnt sound arrogant. The you went on some big tirades about how it was arrogant, how other prospects have never talked like that etc. Just because you thought it was arrogant doesnt mean youre right and thats why theres 100% of posters besides you in here saying youre wrong

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
No, your opinion was that it sounded arrogant and a bunch of other posters told you it didnt sound arrogant. The you went on some big tirades about how it was arrogant, how other prospects have never talked like that etc. Just because you thought it was arrogant doesnt mean youre right and thats why theres 100% of posters besides you in here saying youre wrong
"Sounded" arrogant doesn't mean he is arrogant. However, how you speak does matter and can reflect who you are. Most of these guys don't get that, I guess.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
I simply agreed that it sounded arrogant, and it did. Nobody tore that apart. People just said I was seeking to offend child. Which is fully absurd.

None of the counterarguments to your wanings were centered around the age of the person you were critiquing.

So now you've used strawmen, projection and have played the victim, all in an effort to avoid saying "you guys are right, the evidence for my case is purely anecdotal at this stage"

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
None of the counterarguments to your wanings were centered around the age of the person you were critiquing.

So now you've used strawmen, projection and have played the victim, all in an effort to avoid saying "you guys are right, the evidence for my case is purely anecdotal at this stage"
You're just a master debater ! Guess what? He sounded arrogant on that question (Still!). He's still more reasonable than you though, by miles.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
You're just a master debater ! Guess what? He sounded arrogant on that question (Still!). He's still more reasonable than you though, by miles.

We're not having a debate.

Yes, we have established that you think he sounded arrogant. That's called a subjective opinion.

Can the rest of us move on with our less self centered and anecdotal interests, or do you still need more attention?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
That the Wings are extremely interested in Podkolzin because Yzerman drafted Russians before. It's like Yzerman has resolved to draft every Russian possible or something.

I hate the mock drafts coming out recently because these talking heads want us to believe that Vasili is still a top 10 pick, but the only team that they seem to be able to justify as willing to pick him is Detroit at #6 because Yzerman has had success in finding good NHL players in the past. If he is in fact as good of a player as they are insisting, we should see people comfortable with projecting him somewhere in the top 10 range, #6 excluded.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I hate the mock drafts coming out recently because these talking heads want us to believe that Vasili is still a top 10 pick, but the only team that they seem to be able to justify as willing to pick him is Detroit at #6 because Yzerman has had success in finding good NHL players in the past. If he is in fact as good of a player as they are insisting, we should see people comfortable with projecting him somewhere in the top 10 range, #6 excluded.

Podkolzin is a top-10 talent (Top-5 imo). But the difference between him and the other players in the top-10 isn't really that great. So when you get a Russian saying he's going to stay over there for at least 2 years there's always the risk that he may never come over if he succeeds over there and a KHL team offers more money. If he drops, I don't see him going lower than #15, and that's worst case scenario. I would say anywhere from 6-12.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
We're not having a debate.

Yes, we have established that you think he sounded arrogant. That's called a subjective opinion.

Can the rest of us move on with our less self centered and anecdotal interests, or do you still need more attention?
Who of sane mind would argue against a matter of opinion in the first place? I think so and you don't. Grand! Have a nice day.

I told you once that I'm not giving you succor. That hasn't changed. You don't even need me anyway. You can just continue to make a fantasy in your head and have arguments with it.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Who of sane mind would argue against a matter of opinion in the first place? I think so and you don't. Grand! Have a nice day.

I told you once that I'm not giving you succor. That hasn't changed. You don't even need me anyway. You can just continue to make a fantasy in your head and have arguments with it.

That your opinion on the matter is anecdotal and subjective is an objective fact. There is no argument or debate to be had there.

I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble accepting the reality of the situation and moving on.

Maybe the 3rd time you hint at exiting this conversation will be the charm!

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
That your opinion on the matter is anecdotal and subjective is an objective fact. There is no argument or debate to be had there.

I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble accepting the reality of the situation and moving on.

Maybe the 3rd time you hint at exiting this conversation will be the charm!
You just keep beating yourself up. Have that little argument in your head and then at the end of the night, you may feel like you've accomplished something.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That the Wings are extremely interested in Podkolzin because Yzerman drafted Russians before. It's like Yzerman has resolved to draft every Russian possible or something.
It's so annoying to read what basically amounts to "The Red Wings and Steve Yzerman both haven't shied away from Russians in the past!" over and over for a player most of us don't want.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's so annoying to read what basically amounts to "The Red Wings and Steve Yzerman both haven't shied away from Russians in the past!" over and over for a player most of us don't want.

The anti-Podkolzin stuff is also getting a bit much. He is a really good hockey player. He has fallen down my board a bit, but that is more positional than the player himself. Also, a part of this is Yzerman saying we will pick the best player and none of the great Russian players haven't shown up so he isn't worried. We can do a lot worse than the highest motor in this draft along with Turcotte and Krebs, those three really compete for every inch of ice and have lots of skill too. He is a pretty complete player, we will see but it wouldn't stun me if they did take him.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The anti-Podkolzin stuff is also getting a bit much. He is a really good hockey player. He has fallen down my board a bit, but that is more positional than the player himself. Also, a part of this is Yzerman saying we will pick the best player and none of the great Russian players haven't shown up so he isn't worried. We can do a lot worse than the highest motor in this draft along with Turcotte and Krebs, those three really compete for every inch of ice and have lots of skill too. He is a pretty complete player, we will see but it wouldn't stun me if they did take him.
I can agree that he's getting dragged on this site. It seems he's the guy everyone wants to neg because of the "2 year" thing and maybe some minor attribute gripes, but the kid is, and will be a great player. But I don't want them to draft a winger and most of the board does not. If we took Pod I wouldn't be a complainer, you know, I might moan a little bit about positional need because there will definitely be a C (and long shot Byram) I prefer over him available.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Biggest concerns for Podkolzin are his skating being potentially the worst of the consensus top 10, and least likely to play a premium position of the consensus top 10. I couldn’t care less when he’s ready to come over from Russia. 2 years is nothing. I see Rasmussen 2 years in and needs more development time, I see Cholowski 3 years in and needed extra development time, I see Zadina being close enough to be up, but not ready to be a true impact player next year.

I don’t care if he’s going to be in Russia for 2 years because chances are he wouldn’t be doing anything impactful for us between now and then. Same goes for most everyone we will have a chance to pick. We wouldn’t make the pick if there were doubts about wanting to come over, and by all accounts he seemed really invested in his interviews this week.

I won’t complain if we pick Podkolzin, because I already know I won’t be getting my wishes fulfilled by drafting Krebs. But I will still hope he’s gone by 6 or we hear another name announced by Steve at the podium.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad