Prospect Info: NHL combine

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Wings posted videos of some of the prospects who met with the media... could give an idea of who they are looking at

Zegras

Dach

Turcotte

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Wings posted videos of some of the prospects who met with the media... could give in idea of who they are looking at

Zegras

Dach

Turcotte

I don’t know if there was limited availability for players, but I was surprised to see them cut off where they did. I mean, Hughes, Turcotte and Byram are probably off the board. And a real chance one of Cozens, Dach, or Zegras is.

I hope this was circumstantial and not influenced by the Wings actual thoughts

Reactions: lilidk

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I don’t know if there was limited availability for players, but I was surprised to see them cut off where they did. I mean, Hughes, Turcotte and Byram are probably off the board. And a real chance one of Cozens, Dach, or Zegras is.

I hope this was circumstantial and not influenced by the Wings actual thoughts
They had to schedule the interviews before the draft lottery.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That little quote from Dach makes him sound quite cocky. I know they are trying to sell themselves, but his comment is a little much.

Reactions: DetroitRed

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That little quote from Dach makes him sound quite cocky. I know they are trying to sell themselves, but his comment is a little much.
they asked him about
he answered question , didn't sound cocky at all.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
They had to schedule the interviews before the draft lottery.

The media had to schedule interviews before the lottery? That doesn’t make any sense at all. Why would the media availability at the combine be determined before the lottery?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

How is what he said different than anyone else? When you’re on a job interview and the interviewer asks the question word for word: “Why should I hire you?” or “Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position?” do you think the best approach is to not talk about what you feel are your strengths and what you bring to the table?

Being confident in their abilities is not a knock against them. The thing that you want to see is confidence, but clear understanding of work needing to be done. I think all of them understand that from their comments.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I agree. That's also the second interview where he seemed cocky to me. The other one I watched months ago and thought, we may already have two big egos with contract holdout Athanasiou and "fill your net with pucks" rookie Zadina. Which is probably already two too many. Can we afford a third?

We never heard Lidstrom or Yzerman talking about how "great" they are.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Results are coming in. Kaedan Korczak did really well in the agility testing for a bigger, more physical guy. Pretty intriguing.

For a goalie, Spencer Knight is killing it at the combine. He's near the top in almost every test, seems like.

Cozens and Krebs have both had very good combines, as well. Two lighter kids who are very strong for their size. Not to mention fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: hkydave04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->