NHL.com gets their Karlssons mixed up. Melker assist gets reported as Erik's 400th assist

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I knew this would happen at some Point, but this is embarrassing from NHL.com: NHL.com put up it's video of the Burns goal against the Rangers they have the following written under the video: "Brent Burn extends his point streak to a career-high nine games with a heavy one-timer and earns Erik Karlsson his 400th career assist"

But the problem is it wasn't Erik Karlsson, it was that other useless jobber Karlsson, Melker, getting his first assist of the year.

Teams should not have two players with the same last name on the team. Melker should've been traded when the Sharks got Erik. We had a similar situation with Boston having two R Nashes last season and that got very confusing at times too. This totally ruined my Erik Karlsson 400 career assists moment and now it won't be as Epic when it actually happens. :(

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I knew this would happen at some Point, but this is embarrassing from NHL.com: NHL.com put up it's video of the Burns goal against the Rangers they have the following written under the video: "Brent Burn extends his point streak to a career-high nine games with a heavy one-timer and earns Erik Karlsson his 400th career assist"

But the problem is it wasn't Erik Karlsson, it was that other useless jobber Karlsson, Melker, getting his first assist of the year.

Teams should not have two players with the same last name on the team. Melker should've been traded when the Sharks got Erik. We had a similar situation with Boston having two R Nashes last season and that got very confusing at times too. This totally ruined my Erik Karlsson 400 career assists moment and now it won't be as Epic when it actually happens. :(

But you said "other useless jobber Karlsson". Implying you think Erik is a useless jobber... so why were you having a moment for him when you thought he achieved his 400th assist...?

When it comes to modifiers, they are just the worst man..... I tell ya! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Kevs Security

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The NHL should be like the Screen Actor's Guild where you can't share the same name as anyone else in the guild.

Reactions: NyQuil

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
But you said "other useless jobber Karlsson". Implying you think Erik is a useless jobber... so why were you having a moment for him when you thought he achieved his 400th assist...?

When it comes to modifiers, they are just the worst man..... I tell ya! :sarcasm:
Yeah, Erik Karlsson isn't usually the kind of player I would root for, especially since I don't like defensemen in general. But I got a soft spot for Karlsson, probably because he looks pretty much exactly like me. So every time I see Karlsson it's like looking in a mirror...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, Erik Karlsson isn't usually the kind of player I would root for, especially since I don't like defensemen in general. But I got a soft spot for Karlsson, probably because he looks pretty much exactly like me. So every time I see Karlsson it's like looking in a mirror...

FkCom.jpg

Yeah, you've got the same goatee and everything.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Is that where the similarities end, or you have a GF that looks like Melinda?

Alas, I know the feeling. I look just Harry Potter, which is what made my parents put me under the stairs.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

I agree. Vancouver finally gets the hint and then this happens.

Reactions: Kevs Security

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Another Classic Mulletman Thread. Goddamnit, Mulletman, you did it again. You are just too likeable. I think I'm in love. "Ruined my EK 400 career assists moment" - who else could come up with this stuff, really? Please never change.

Reactions: olli

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Is that where the similarities end, or you have a GF that looks like Melinda?

Alas, I know the feeling. I look just Harry Potter, which is what made my parents put me under the stairs.
No I'm more into the blondes, so if it was up to me I would've made a move on Monika Caryk instead and turned that whole situation into a real mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->