NHL.com does a bold prediction for one player from every team

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
So NHL.com has followed in the footsteps of HF Boards and done their own bold predictions for one player from each team: Bold fantasy prediction for each team in 2018-19

Some were a bit tame but there was a few surprises there for sure. Like for my Leafs were they predict that Zach Hyman will be Top 10 in even stength goals this season with at least 25. Dude hasn't even scored 25 even strenght goals so far in his NHL career. :huh:

And it seems like NHL doesn't have high hopes for either Montreal or Ottawa as they predict Kotkaniemi and Tkachuk not just making the team but actually leading them in Points this season.

So what do you guys think of the predictions for your team? Is it possible or not? And are these predictions too plausible overall to be called bold?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Dead on with the NYR prediction. Buchnevich is gonna breakout for ~60 points.

Also like the predictions for Meier, Tuch, Girard breaking out.

DeBrincat will not get 75 points.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Heiskanen puts up 40 points in his rookie season that would be insane. With Klingberg taking that top PP spot though I just don't see that as being likely. Maybe 30 points, which I'd be thrilled with. I assume Dahlin will get somewhere around 30-40

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
most unrealistic part of the vatanen prediction is that it assumes we have a competent second PP unit to ice

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If Miller plays with Stamkos and Miller all season he should most definitely hit a season high in production. During the regular season he fit in very well with those two. I expect a really good season for Miller.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Not a very bold prediction for NYR. Buch has looked great in the preseason and while I wouldn't bet on him hitting 60 points it wouldn't be a huge surprise either.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
A lot of these are really bad. And the ones that aren't really bad are not really "bold" at all.

Reactions: CrypTic

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
DeBrusk scoring more goals than Bergeron is not that much of stretch (he won't beat Marchand or Pasta).

Bergy will still have more points regardless though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol Tkachuk leading us in points is absolutely hilarious when we have Stone and even Duchene on the team. We talking about same person that tied EK in points last year, lol.

If Tkachuk leads us in points, either Stone and Duchene got traded in November, or Tkachuk is the next star power forward in the league.

Reactions: iSophagus

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
They are already right about the Ducks. News just in that Perry will miss up to 5 months due to knee surgery. But even if he was healthy, Kase surpassing him on the depth chart and finishing 3rd on the team in scoring wouldn't have been a bold prediction. Barring injuries, Kase and Henrique should battle for 3rd place in points behind Getzlaf and Rakell.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Son good ones and son baaaaad ones. Hyman and Debrincat predictions are nuts.

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Someones optimistic.

"Hey look how good my team is"
So it's optimistic to assume that a guy that was already a decent producer without playing with elite level talent will be able to break career highs while playing with elite level talent?

Sounds more like common sense to me. He produced at the tiniest bit under PPG in TB (17 in 18).

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
So it's optimistic to assume that a guy that was already a decent producer without playing with elite level talent will be able to break career highs while playing with elite level talent?

Sounds more like common sense to me. He produced at the tiniest bit under PPG in TB (17 in 18).

Hey, look how good my team is!

That's all you're doing here.

I'm not disagreeing with you btw.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
COL - Samuel Girard will lead Colorado Avalanche defensemen in PPP with at least 20, cutting into Tyson Barrie's spot on the first unit.

Nothing bold there. Girard was already better than Barrie on the PP last year, Barrie isn't a great PP QB.

Reactions: Cullen Bohannon

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
ANA - Ondrej Kase steals the top-line right wing spot from veteran Corey Perry.

Well that's looking likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad