News Article: NHL.com considers Zetterberg a Hart Trophy candidate so far...

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655195&navid=DL|NHL|home

Their nominees at the 1/4 mark of the season are Rinne, Hank, and Vanek.

Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit Red Wings -- The 32-year-old has taken on more of the leadership responsibilities with the retirement of Nicklas Lidstrom and has lifted the Red Wings. He has 18 points in 12 games while playing regular minutes on the penalty kill. Zetterberg is playing about 21 minutes per game and scoring at a career-high pace. He continues to prove that he is one of the game's best two-way players.

Thoughts?

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
he always plays great during the second half its always his slow starts that ruin his totals at the end of the season. if he is gonna win it it will be this year, Hopefully he puts up another hatty but against Rinne and improves his chances.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
It was a joke :laugh:
No kidding.

Anyone who has to play with Cleary should be getting time and a half or double time.

You can tell Zetterberg is taking the captaincy to heart. I hope he can keep it up at this pace, he kind of has to for the sake of the team heh. Good for him, he deserves it.

shultzyfeelinirie20

Jan 30, 2012
Michigan
Hank for Hart

if he keeps on doing what hes doing and leading the team with great plays and great determination would you thinks hes in the top 3 at seasons end? and who do you think will be others nominiated????

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It was a joke :laugh:

It could be a joke, but we just saw a thread where this was legitimately argued as a point, so forgive me for bashing it. But a lot of the Datsyuk is better crowd will argue it at the point of ignoring Zetterberg in a way that I don't really agree with. Personally I have always thought Hank is more important, but I never actually run down Datsyuk to make the point or the fact no matter which side you are on it is a splitting hairs kind of argument. This year Hank has been much better, blame that on lines or whatever, but he deserves the credit he is getting in articles like this. Much like for most of the first half of last year Datsyuk was much better.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
if he keeps on doing what hes doing and leading the team with great plays and great determination would you thinks hes in the top 3 at seasons end? and who do you think will be others nominiated????

I must say i dislike when the MVP (Hart) trophy is just awarded to the player who also gets the most points for the season.

its MVP... most VALUABLE to a team, not just who played the best that season.

In all truth this awards REAL nominees should be:

Erik Karlsson (Are they even a playoff team without him?)
Teemu Selanne (Ducks MVP at his age impressive)- overshadowing Getz, Perry

You have to consider Dats and Zetterberg considering a good analysis of the rest of the team states we basically completely rely on these players. But in all truth I would vote Karlsson if they are a playoff team or Selanne if they are a playoff team.

Zetterberg for the Selke this year ! hopefully

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
It could be a joke, but we just saw a thread where this was legitimately argued as a point, so forgive me for bashing it. But a lot of the Datsyuk is better crowd will argue it at the point of ignoring Zetterberg in a way that I don't really agree with. Personally I have always thought Hank is more important, but I never actually run down Datsyuk to make the point or the fact no matter which side you are on it is a splitting hairs kind of argument. This year Hank has been much better, blame that on lines or whatever, but he deserves the credit he is getting in articles like this. Much like for most of the first half of last year Datsyuk was much better.

Can't we just agree that both Datsyuk and Zetterberg are equally awesome??

One shoots more, its part of his style. One deke's out people more and scores in the slot because of it. Both can set others on the team up with amazing passes. Both are ELITE level defensive forwards.

We should be lucky to have this debate :)

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Man, Z's been my favorite Red Wing since Stevie retired. I'd love for him to win a Hart, not even Stevie did that(though he would have if it weren't for the Great One, maybe 2 even). It would look damn good on his resume when he retires.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Great start to the season by Z, accentuated by the team losing Lidstrom which no doubt will be a factor in the minds of the media and voters. Glad to see him getting some early season accolades.

He's been the best by a country mile.

Pretty sure the ref is going to give you 2 for instigating, Bench. Off to the sin bin with you :p:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Hank is just going to hoard great point totals with selfish play to get a better next contract...:sarcasm:

...oh, wait, he is signed for another 8 seasons.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->