Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
AvsNewAge is the new team slogan?

What does that really mean?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I love that our team will always annoy corsi fanatics because we have Varly, elite offensive talents (Dutchy, MacK & Barrie), and a coach who nurtures genuine creativity; especially after we pair Rads with Dutchy. We are always going to have an unsustainable PDO.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The chip on "Noodles" shoulder could fit on Mt Rushmore. I can't figure out what he ever did in his career to have such a smug look on his face every time they cut to him on camera after asking a question.

I watch a ton of hockey even as a kid and honestly I have two memories of Mclennan. One was using his St. Louis Blues Paramount card as a ninja star to throw at my sister after she ate the last bit of my Corn pops and the second memory is him chopping Franzen like a sycamore tree in the playoffs. Thats it. He was a career back up and not a good one either. When he said Varlamov was the 3rd worse goalie in the west I lost my ****.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
AvsNewAge is the new team slogan?

What does that really mean?

It should be AvsNewAgeOutlaws.

tumblr_m31zsypT1i1rt73joo1_250.gif

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
And one would think that the media or such would love or maybe pretend to like a team that's steered by two nhl's hall of famers. We'll just have to make them love us when we get deep into the playoff chase

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
I love that our team will always annoy corsi fanatics because we have Varly, elite offensive talents (Dutchy, MacK & Barrie), and a coach who nurtures genuine creativity

I wish I could love it, i certainly can't ignore it, and i can't understand it either. Has an underdog ever been persecuted like this before? When did everyone decide only boring or cheapshot hockey should stand? Has the NHL really made everyone so cynical that such a fun and surprising Avs team like that has somehow become the trendiest to trash on forever after? We'll never stop paying for shocking the hockey world.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wish I could love it, i certainly can't ignore it, and i can't understand it either. Has an underdog ever been persecuted like this before? When did everyone decide only boring or cheapshot hockey should stand? Has the NHL really made everyone so cynical that such a fun and surprising Avs team like that has somehow become the trendiest to trash on forever after? We'll never stop paying for shocking the hockey world.

I don't think it's really that unique to us or that we get trashed on massively more than other teams who are still just coming out of a rebuild but haven't proven that they can put up consecutive great years. We've gotten a little more of it than other rebuilding teams because people still remember how much we won with Joe and Patrick on the ice; and because of our three brilliant tanks paying off for us like gangbusters. So there's a bitterness about how abnormally fortunate we have been as Avs fans, with very little suffering in the grand scheme of the things and multiple cups with a real powerhouse from our previous generation. But I don't think it's as bad as some of you guys. I certainly think the media has a much bigger bias against my knicks, and I care a lot less about basketball than I do hockey.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
IMO you can't see the full bias unless you are from here. Sure, the sheer volume of some things I get. I'm sure on balance the Leafs get a lot more crap than the Avs do, but they also are from the center of the hockey universe and get a lot of hype too. Same thing with any other big name or big market team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
IMO you can't see the full bias unless you are from here. Sure, the sheer volume of some things I get. I'm sure on balance the Leafs get a lot more crap than the Avs do, but they also are from the center of the hockey universe and get a lot of hype too. Same thing with any other big name or big market team.

I'm sure living in chicago effects things, as the local media gives the avs more credit than we get elsewhere because of how well we play against the hawks; and varly in particular gets adored. Plus I really do my best to avoid the clueless national stuff about our team, so maybe I just haven't noticed that it really is worse than it seems to me.

But I still don't feel like we are really persecuted, as much as I think there's just some remaining jealousy for how successful our franchise has been, and will soon be again, from some of the fanbases who've had to really suffer over the past 10, 20, 30 years.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can't imagine the Sabres ending up behind the Leafs, the Ducks landing behind the Flames and Kings, or the Sharks finishing behind the nucks and oilers, this season. But the Central could go any way with us and Chicago getting into the playoffs as one of the top 5 teams and I wouldn't be surprised. While the only certainties in the metro are that the Devils will finish last, Lumbus will get wrecked by injuries, and Corsi won't understand why the Canes are the second worst team in the division.

ghosted plover

gloved strophe
Oct 8, 2007
Idle No More
www.idlenomore.ca
I don't think it's really that unique to us or that we get trashed on massively more than other teams who are still just coming out of a rebuild but haven't proven that they can put up consecutive great years.
There's absolutely no bias. People are just being hyper-sensitive. The Avs are just a great dumping ground, going from can't lose in their early years to like every other team for a decade now. They'll get a streak of former glory soon, I think, but their initial run just doesn't seem likely ever again.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Not sure where to put this, but just picked up THN fantasy pool guide and they seem to like the Avs as well.

Duchene-66 pts
MacKinnon-62 pts
Landy-60 pts
Barrie-55 pts
Iginla-48 pts
Grigorenko-46 pts
Soderberg-45 pts
Tanguay-41 pts
Johnson-33 pts

Varly:37-23-11
Berra:8-5-2

So using the goalies records that's 103 points.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
They are high on some Avs for sure, but definitely low on Mack and Dutchy. Those two is were the surprise will come, amazing how two such talented players have been written off. That said, getting 40+ out of Grigorenko and Soderberg would be pretty sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad