NHL checks EA exclusivity offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
As much as I would have laughed my arse off because 2K is such a horrible game....EA needs competition or then they could slack off a bit on the games.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
FLYLine88 said:
As much as I would have laughed my arse off because 2K is such a horrible game....EA needs competition or then they could slack off a bit on the games.

Yeah - I was afraid they might just start releasing the same game with only updated graphics every year...

Phew! Catastrophe avoided.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
FLYLine88 said:
And that is opinion. I still play 2K5 because EA is arcadish and some of us like reality.

The best hockey game prior to 2K5 was EAs NHL2004 which was leaps and bounds ahead of anything previous.

As of right now, if EA wants to continue it's market share, it needs to do things about gameplay, not the cursory stuff.

Glad to see they will have some competition.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I prefer the 2k series over EA at this point.

Even though 2k6 on XBOX 360 is full of bugs... The game itself is much more fun. They just need better animations.

Pure Rock Fury*

The simulation gameplay in the 2k series is unmatched by anything else. EA has been nothing but arcadey gameplay, and if I want arcadey gameplay, I'm going to play Hitz instead.

Geese_Howard*

Patrick said:
Both games sucked this year, 2k6 took a step back and NHL06 continued to suck, I'm glad the NHL did something right.

2k sucked this year? are you one of those players who tries to do the cross crease cheese goal? at least in 2k6 its harder to do, but once they eliminate that glitch, 2k would be a near perfect hockey game.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
NHL 2K3 is still the best NHL game ive ever played.

ESPN 2K4 and 2K5 were CRAP, IMO.. total CRAP.. you couldnt even play unless you editted ALL goalies or you'd only score on one timers.

NHL 2004, 2005 and 2006 are crap too for AI play. I play it online only.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Phew! I hate EA and it's unbeliveably crappy games so much... it would have been a disaster if the 2K series would have been killed since I love to play realistic hockey games instead of that arcade **** we get from EA.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This was the greatest hockey game EA ever released and I continue to play it to this day on my PC.

27638.jpg

I just finished a 7-game playoff series tournament and had so much fun scoring 51 points in 21 games with The Great One.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
The defensive AI in EA '06 is just atrocious. I refuse to believe that anyone could actually put in effort and end up with a result that bad.

Favvi

Dec 2, 2005
Edmonton
i always thought the EA Hockey series has always been better.
still do. seems the most realistic. but what do i know :dunno:

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
That game with turco on the cover is soooo crappy! I played it @ my local mall and the players feel like they are paperweight and when you shoot it feels like the computer is shooting for you. It doesn't even feel like hockey. Is that EA sports game?

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Ziggy Stardust said:
This was the greatest hockey game EA ever released and I continue to play it to this day on my PC.

27638.jpg

I just finished a 7-game playoff series tournament and had so much fun scoring 51 points in 21 games with The Great One.

I scored 29 goals in one game with Dino Ciccarelli.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Geese_Howard said:
2k sucked this year? are you one of those players who tries to do the cross crease cheese goal? at least in 2k6 its harder to do, but once they eliminate that glitch, 2k would be a near perfect hockey game.

The game took a huge step back, shooting feels horrible, AI seems worse than 2k5 and one timers are certain goals.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I once scored 99+ goals(they stoped counting them after 99) in one game with Mats Sundin in NHL 2003, which was quite possibly the worst hockey game I have ever played.

I havn't played 2K6, personally I prefered even NHL 2004 over both the 2005 titles, and I think 2004's game play is better then 06's but with player editing and downloadable rookies I have no choice but to play 06.

I really want to get EHM though, save 06 for arcadey games with friends, and do my team building and dynasty stuff via EHM.

J.T

Jun 13, 2004
Josetheodore said:
Has anyone played the new Gretzky hockey game?
Yup, It isn't that bad either. But it is sort of on the easy side even on the highest difficulty level. (plus there isn't many sliders) It seems like once you score a couple of goals the goalies confidence goes down and then everything you shoot at the net goes in.

Last edited:

Verbeek

Human see, human do.
Jul 19, 2005
Pittsburgh
Ziggy Stardust said:

27638.jpg

My friends and I play this game all the time on SNES. It is truely the best. It's even funner since one of my friends uses manual goalie.

Alexander Mogilny is awesome in this game. So fast.

Pure Rock Fury*

Squiddy said:
That game with turco on the cover is soooo crappy! I played it @ my local mall and the players feel like they are paperweight and when you shoot it feels like the computer is shooting for you. It doesn't even feel like hockey. Is that EA sports game?
No, but don't bash either game until you've actually played them with tweaked sliders. Straight out of the box, they're both terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->