Nhl Center Ice

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Quick question about Nhl center ice. for you xbox 360 users is it availiable on xbox if you have a xbox live account? i know it is available on playstation network was wondering if it was also on xbox

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are they gonna offer it free for the first like usual for center ice?

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Anyone have any clue when FIOS will get it? I called yesterday and one of their reps said it wasn't available. I might just wait until the free preview to grab it but I always like to get the package early haha.

GM17*

centre ice is strangely only $50 here in the maritimes + gamecentre is the same. centre ice preview channels have already appeared on my box. dunno if that means yankees get that too though

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Xbox live just launched it on the marketplace. Anyone having any troubles signing in?

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
The nhl website has been pretty bad today...

The games won't even show up at the top of the website now and when it does and I click on one, it doesn't load!!!

Anyone know how I fix it or is it the website??

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
The nhl website has been pretty bad today...

The games won't even show up at the top of the website now and when it does and I click on one, it doesn't load!!!

Anyone know how I fix it or is it the website??

To many users trying to connect is causing the website to stall.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
New this year - they show each team's Pregame feeds! Nice. I used to buy the sports pack just to see that. Hopefully they show the post game shows too. Just found out by accident so not sure.

They weren't showing the post game last night. At least not on either feed for Ottawa or Florida.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Hate to say it but I'm really debating buying it this year. Maybe its because I have more free time than I know what to do with. But I've been watching a lot more of the free preview than I ever anticipated so far... This is not good for my bank account... but my boredom...

One7nine

Sep 8, 2008
Neptune, NJ
Anyone have any clue when FIOS will get it? I called yesterday and one of their reps said it wasn't available. I might just wait until the free preview to grab it but I always like to get the package early haha.

I have FIOS and I had center ice the other night. I think it was channels 1470 - 1488

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
I am looking to buy GameCenter for the season because Center Ice shows only 1 HD game at a time where I'm located (thanks Comcast).

I will be streaming GameCenter via Xbox 360 which I believe is new this season. Has anyone tried this/had any problems with it? Are all games available in HD? I read a bunch of complaints from PS3 users having trouble with GC but the comments were from a couple years ago so maybe it was fixed.

Also, are playoff games not broadcast on national/local channels available or is it only regular season? If the Devils make the playoffs and have a game that is not broadcast on NBC/NBC Sports/NHL Network will I be able to watch it if I am out of market?

Appreciate the feedback

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I am looking to buy GameCenter for the season because Center Ice shows only 1 HD game at a time where I'm located (thanks Comcast).

I will be streaming GameCenter via Xbox 360 which I believe is new this season. Has anyone tried this/had any problems with it? Are all games available in HD? I read a bunch of complaints from PS3 users having trouble with GC but the comments were from a couple years ago so maybe it was fixed.

Also, are playoff games not broadcast on national/local channels available or is it only regular season? If the Devils make the playoffs and have a game that is not broadcast on NBC/NBC Sports/NHL Network will I be able to watch it if I am out of market?

Appreciate the feedback

Playoff games are not included because all playoff games will be on either NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, or NHL Network

Slowpeon

May 20, 2011
Oxford, CT

Appreciate the feedback

I have streamed a few games using my xbox (solely for the split screen) and I have not noticed any issues with it, except opening night. Last year I got all the out of market playoff games through Game Center without any issues.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Appreciate the feedback

You will be able to watch playoffs out of market, but usually that's just the first round that have games not carried on NBC/NBC Sports/NHL Network. After that they seem to squeeze them all in.

Can't speak to Xbox or PSN issues, but I know the pc version had some issues the first couple of games but I think that's just a massive amount of users logging in to stream the games and it overloaded the system. The price drop really drove traffic this past weekend.

http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/servlets/device?device=xbox

I would venture to say if you have a solid internet speed and aren't using 2 or 3 other devices to stream content you should be just fine. I used the ipad app and watched condensed games when I was out of town and it streamed just fine and looked good with average wireless speeds.

Here is a discussion about the PS3 store not releasing the app for it yet so I'd make sure xbox live has it up before you buy. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1041267&page=32

TheDarkSideOfThePuck

Aug 27, 2009
Ottawa
I usually watch hockey via online streaming because I don't have cable in my apartment. So I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy NHL GameCenter live on my laptop, since streaming can have a really bad quality at times. Is the quality really better than the free streaming website like atdhenet and firstrowsports?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad