GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
How many bad UFA signing stories does this league need to compile before people stop whining about DS “doing nothing”?

If he does do something, hopefully it’s great. If he doesn’t? Very likely also great given the RFA situation.

Some of you just love to set yourself up to bitch and moan.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I can't begin to explain just how little interest I have in the Bruins spending more money on the bottom of their roster.

Zero. Zilch. Nada. Negative. No! **** OFF!

Like eating broken glass just to feel it tear me up as it passes through.

Legit scoring winger to play with Krejci. However you need to do it. You get it done.

Preach!

Seriously though:

Fix the HOLE.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
lol? Carlo is a good player, In my opinion he is what he's going to be. Charlie will be a top 5 Dman in the league if he isn't already

Carlo's biggest asset is his size but unfortunately he doesnt use it 90% of the time. He skates very well for a big man but very good skating big D men are not scarce in the league anymore.

I rather have a Charlie than a Carlo :) Wait, that didn't sound right
Not totally sold on Carlo. Would definitely consider him part of deal for legit 2nd line winger.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Absolutely 100% this. That's all this team really needs. But it needs to be a true scoring power forward. Is anything like this available? Anders Lee is the closest thing I can find, but if it is true that Panarin is going to the Island, I expect Lee to stay there and Lou to maybe even offer sheet Marner for the fun of it all!

The best and brightest are indeed available...

...as RFA's. Arguably the best crop of RW RFA's in the history of the NHL all sitting there looking for contracts and daring the teams to step up and sign them to an offer sheet.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
TSN reports that Duchene likely to sign with Preds for $8m per year, can't see why the Bruins would not sign him for that and then trade Krejci for picks or to fill another hole.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I don't hate the Perry idea, but only if they can get him on a 1 year deal.

I don't hate Pasta as the #2RW, but if that happens it can't be with DeBrusk. They've tried that repeatedly and it doesn't work. But if they got someone like Puljujarvi I think that top line would be a great spot for him and then you build a new line around DK and Pasta. But again, that's lots of moving parts and I'm not sure Sweeney's interested in reinventing the wheel.

Puljujarvi is still my hope here as the cheap reclamation project outside of an offer sheet route.

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad