GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bergevin is a strange one. Surely Carolina will match that offer, and hopefully wait the max time allowed. If Bergevin really wanted Aho that bad he should have offered more without all the front-loaded crap. It's not like the Cane's owner is some pauper. All that being said, Aho is one heck of a great player and worth every penny of what is being offered. I really hope he stays in Carolina.

member 96824

This is what I do in NHL 19 all the time: Load up the AHL with former picks I wanted instead of Malcolm Subban in 2012 and then win both the Calder and Stanley cups

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
offer sheet compensation for a 2.1 million offer is only a 3rd round pick

how much appetite would you all feel if we threw a 3 year deal to puuljujarvi at around 2.1 mill and moved john moore to get back the pick?

our d is pretty solid even without moore/miller

McAvoy/grezlyck
carlo/chara {kid playing to load manage chara}
cliffton/krug
kid/kampfer

moving miller/moore frees up 5 mill cap hit and I think gambling on puuljujarvi is a better bet than gambling on anders Bjork

im not sure what we can return for miller/moore but im going to suggest around 2 second round picks... so giving up a 3rd for puuljujarvi improves our pick situation... gives us a needed high potential young rw instead of a not needed 2.5 mill number 7 and number 8dman.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Doesn't make a difference. He can go to Providence.

Again

One-way contract - same salary in AHL and NHL
Two-way contract - different salary in AHL

No effect on cap unless it's over $1.075 million AAV
Thanks Dom!!!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Doesn't make a difference. He can go to Providence.

Again

One-way contract - same salary in AHL and NHL
Two-way contract - different salary in AHL

No effect on cap unless it's over $1.075 million AAV
they signed him to a 2 year NHL contract for $850k per. If they send him to Providence does that remove the entire cap hit from Boston?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
you gotta think so. The Lindholm signing makes no sense to me if it's to play in Boston unless they're doing something nobody sees coming like trading Coyle.

I will blow a goddamn gasket if the Bruins do that. They finally got a third line center they can rely on.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
All a two-way contract means is different salary in AHL then NHL.

Has no effect on cap, (waivers or anything else at all) unless AAV is over $1.075 Million

Thanks Dom. Right now the NHL roster is full at 23/23 so hoping this means a trade coming in sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->