GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^EXACTLY! Thank you Joe. I didn't have the energy and courage to put it out there the way that
you just did. Whatever is best for the team is what is best PERIOD!! They (B's Front Office) needs to keep a collective open mind and do the right thing.
IMO all of your reasons are the right ones but also when a team goes through a championship season, whether you win or lose changes need to bemade. If no changes are made, even someone as core as the number ONE goaltender it keeps stagnation from setting in. In 2011 the B's needed a changeover but Chiarelli never really moved out some of the old and didn't bring in fresh blood. Bringing in new talent is healthy for the team in several ways. IMO if the team were to bring back every player from the SC team we would have a season long hangover that may lead to not making the playoffs.

Hopefully Sweeney is going to pinpoint moves that will at first seem iffy but if he does it right it'll inject new vitality into the overall lineup and energy in the room.

You need to give this group another shot with this goalie. Rask has also never lost in the first round. Thats pretty impressive TBH. We were the home team we couldn't claw one f***ing goal back for him in the second we had to get shut out until 5 mins left in the third?

Even at his worst Rask has never not been top 10 in the NHL for a full season. His off years haven't been 'bad.' Money aside I don't think there is another goalie I chose over him if I can have anyone on my team next year. Hes the last guy you move. The 'core' from 2011 are all on team friendly deals and close enough to their prime dumb to move them either.

Coaching is where my issue is. We let a 40+ player that was likely already slowing down after a long season and long playoff run play when he couldn't eat or sleep a few years after we let our franchise player risk his life to play when he should have been in the hospital. Lost both series. Certain line combos seem destined to never happen. Guys can still play together on the PP if not even strength. Bruce isn't bad but people are hailing him as a miracle worker just because we aren't underacheiving like the last few days of Claude. Well 2 top pairing D men fell into his freaking lap who knows how Julien does if Carlo and McAvoy show up sooner!!!!!!! Guess which 2 players we are chosing to play hard ball with btw from the looks of things? You wanna see Chara/Krug with other partners!?!?! Sweeney made some good moves but not sure he'll keep it going as #1 GM. 2 good deadlines in a row the Nash package really wasn't much and that was bad luck and Mojo and Coyle were had for decent sums but we should be signing this years trade deadline acquisition tomorrow not coughing up assets in Feb.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Imagine if the Habs offered sheeted Marner to a Leafs crippling contract?!!!!

Will he even be able to walk around in public if he signs an offer sheet and its matched? People in Buffalo were furious about the Vanek offer sheet I can't imagine how Toronto would react to one with Marner.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Im wondering if a team will offer sheet one of our RFA's. Charlie will be a great catch for a team

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Lol I dunno. Think that Carlo kid might be a keeper

lol? Carlo is a good player, In my opinion he is what he's going to be. Charlie will be a top 5 Dman in the league if he isn't already

Carlo's biggest asset is his size but unfortunately he doesnt use it 90% of the time. He skates very well for a big man but very good skating big D men are not scarce in the league anymore.

I rather have a Charlie than a Carlo :) Wait, that didn't sound right

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
lol? Carlo is a good player, In my opinion he is what he's going to be. Charlie will be a top 5 Dman in the league if he isn't already

Carlo's biggest asset is his size but unfortunately he doesnt use it 90% of the time. He skates very well for a big man but very good skating big D men are not scarce in the league anymore.

I rather have a Charlie than a Carlo :) Wait, that didn't sound right
I want them both and will be pissed off if it doesn't happen

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I can't begin to explain just how little interest I have in the Bruins spending more money on the bottom of their roster.

Zero. Zilch. Nada. Negative. No! **** OFF!

Like eating broken glass just to feel it tear me up as it passes through.

Legit scoring winger to play with Krejci. However you need to do it. You get it done.
feels like we've been saying this for like 3 or 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->