GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Holland saying he is trying to create a competitive pool in the bottom six to push the pace and he isn't done. He also said he wanted a NHL ready bottom six for Puljujarvi. Would love to see Nordstrom as the piece.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Par Lindholm used to play here for our local hockey club in division 1 (Sweden's tier 3 after SHL and Allsvenskan) when he was 21-22. In other words he's had a pretty impressive late blooming road to the NHL.

I talked to him a week ago. Here's some of the quotes:

About free agent frenzy:
"It's exciting. I don't really know what will happen, but I wanna stay (over there) another year".

"We'll see who shows most interest in me, which team is the best fit and who can offer the best contract and all of those things".

About him only scoring one goal the past season:
"Yeah, s**t ... It's a bit gnarling that I was only able to score one goal. I should have scored at least five or six the way things looked. But the puck didn't wanna go in, that's just how it is sometimes".

"Playing wise I'm satisfied. It's unfortunate that I didn't score more goals and that I didn't get to play all season, but afterall I got to play 65 games despite only scoring one goal, that must mean I did something right at least".

About Winnipeg still being in the mix:
"I've talked to them of course, but I might wanna hear what other teams have to say as well and see what's out there. If better opportunities comes along I will of course listen to them".

On staying in the NHL being his first choise:
"That's my first thought, yes. But you never know, if I can't find something over there that I'm completely satisfied with maybe I'll have to look around the world for other options".

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Par Lindholm used to play here for our local hockey club in division 1 (Sweden's tier 3 after SHL and Allsvenskan) when he was 21-22. In other words he's had a pretty impressive late blooming road to the NHL.

About free agent frenzy:
"It's exciting. I don't really know what will happen, but I wanna stay (over there) another year".

"We'll see who shows most interest in me, which team is the best fit and who can offer the best contract and all of those things".

"Yeah, s**t ... It's a bit gnarling that I was only able to score one goal. I should have scored at least five or six the way things looked. But the puck didn't wanna go in, that's just how it is sometimes".

"Playing wise I'm satisfied. It's unfortunate that I didn't score more goals and that I didn't get to play all season, but afterall I got to play 65 games despite only scoring one goal, that must mean I did something right at least".

"I've talked to them of course, but I might wanna hear what other teams have to say as well and see what's out there. If better opportunities comes along I will of course listen to them".

"That's my first thought, yes. But you never know, if I can't find something over there that I'm completely satisfied with maybe I'll have to look around the world for other options".

Thanks for posting this. What do you think he does if he gets placed in Providence?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

About free agent frenzy:

Well hopefully he will be able to score 5-6 next season that will definitely make a huge difference I guess.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Less than $3 mil on 3 players. Nothing to get upset about for anyone that isn't happy

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
lindholm and gaunce are a little bit strange to me... I probably misspelled both too

I could see them both tickted to ahl to give our team down there a chance at a championship. or I could see backes being moved and filling our 13th forward spot with someone a lot cheaper like one of these guys

I guess when its minimum salary it doesnt matter a lot... depth never hurts

I think it’s because we want to use bodies to dump Backes. Heinen Nordy and a D prospect maybe more for someone to bite.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
So, he hasn't waived his NTC? If none of those eight teams takes Backes and his contract, then Boston is stuck with him. In that case, I'd imagine that the team would assign him to Providence.

The list only means that Sweeney can try to find a landing spot Backes is ok with.

He can also check elsewhere and say « we have this deal with team X not on your list, do you waive to go there or do you like Providence better? »

Reactions: don and Estlin

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Thanks for posting this. What do you think he does if he gets placed in Providence?

I didn't ask him straight up, but reading his quotes between the lines it sounds like it he wouldn't have stayed in the NHL on a 2-way deal. But now that he has his 1-way deal, I think he would stay and try to fight his way back to the NHL if he ended up in the minors.

I think he's close to a lock to be with big club though. Look at his career numbers. You can see how he continued to improve his game, as a late bloomer, adapting to every level he played at. From division 1, to allsvenskan, to a depth player in the SHL, to a first line SHL player, to a national team player and now an NHL player. He's not gonna wow you with any specific trait, but he's pretty dependable overall as far as 4th liners go. I think B-E Bellemare is a fair comparable, though Lindholm should have a bit more "offensive upside".

Reactions: sarge88

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Well hopefully he will be able to score 5-6 next season that will definitely make a huge difference I guess.

5-6 goals in 65 games translates to 7-8 goals in 82 games. That's pretty normal production for a 4th liner and penalty killer.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
I have this feeling in my gut that the Bruins are going to be trading Backes (no info or anything) in the next few days and signing Ferland for 3 years shortly after.

then again I had a gut feeling the Bruins were going to win game 7 as I drove down I90 towards the city....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad