GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm being selfish here:

I was hoping today we'd have hope for that 2nd line RW hole, get out from the cap and feel more confidant than ever that the Bruins didn't miss their big chance to win a Cup last month. Today was a chance to turn a page on game 7 and be excited.

Looking more like we'll have to wait to see that happen and go into the off-season with more questions than answers.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Gaunce is tremendously underrated. I'm not sure what your 4th line looks like but Gaunce is just a very solid player defensively. His point totals are lacking but he played with trashcans and with his deployment and ice-time you can expect low production and high variance.

I hope he gets a shot and isn't evaluated on his ability to score on the 4th line because defensively he's solid. I know it's crazy because he's not even noteworthy enough for a thread anywhere but a lot of us in Vancouver are sad to see him go.

Is there any hope of him making your roster or is your 4th line set?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Gaunce is tremendously underrated. I'm not sure what your 4th line looks like but Gaunce is just a very solid player defensively. His point totals are lacking but he played with trashcans and with his deployment and ice-time you can expect low production and high variance.

I hope he gets a shot and isn't evaluated on his ability to score on the 4th line because defensively he's solid. I know it's crazy because he's not even noteworthy enough for a thread anywhere but a lot of us in Vancouver are sad to see him go.

Is there any hope of him making your roster or is your 4th line set?

Not likely. Kuraly, Nordstrom and Wagner are much better currently. Unless they are being traded he should be a Providence Bruin.

Reactions: bbfan419

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'm being selfish here:

I was hoping today we'd have hope for that 2nd line RW hole, get out from the cap and feel more confidant than ever that the Bruins didn't miss their big chance to win a Cup last month. Today was a chance to turn a page on game 7 and be excited.

Looking more like we'll have to wait to see that happen and go into the off-season with more questions than answers.
I don’t think they go after anyone for the second line ,until the trade deadline,I think it’s like this past season trial and error.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
7 UFA signings, only 1 of them is NHL:

iu

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Gaunce is a really good cost-efficient bottom sixer and the only reason he didn't crack our lineup is because our dumb management is more obsessed with their own acquisitions and investing more money in bigger names.

You'll like him. Puts up great possession numbers in tough deployment.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Gaunce is a really good cost-efficient bottom sixer and the only reason he didn't crack our lineup is because our dumb management is more obsessed with their own acquisitions and investing more money in bigger names.

You'll like him. Puts up great possession numbers in tough deployment.

I watched him a lot and Kuraly, Wagner and Nordstrom are better. He should be a good AHLer in Providence.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
To many 4th liners and not enough McAvoy and Carlo contracts.

The longer this goes the more i'm going to panic. Have they said anything about McAvoy or Carlo at all?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm actually a little surprised that Aho signed that deal. $8.5 million is a lot of money, but I would have expected him to hold out for more. Wasn't there a report that his ask was for $9.5 million over 5 years? I guess the deal is structured well for him, but why not wait to see if he can get a better offer?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Have to hand it to Mtl.. if hé ends up in MTL ..the bruins once again will be doing *hit

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I'm being selfish here:

Our GM of the Year has no one to blame but himself for this. Our credit card is maxed; we spent a big chunk of it on a lemon car for which we still owe a lot of payments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad