GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FIZZLE - Mod warning page 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
he put up 8 points in a 24 game playoff run with Coyle & Johansson firing on all cylinders and all 3 guys healthy.

I seriously don't get why Heinen gets the full "but his linemates!" treatment but those same people will look for any excuse to discredit a guy like Ferland.

As a comparison ferland put up 1 assist in 7 games while being on ice for 1 goal for and 3 goals against.

While Heinen only had 8 points in 24, he was on the ice for 13 goals for and 6 against. Which was the best ratio on the team.

It’s not like ferland was out there killing it in the playoffs.

I’m not discrediting ferland. I would just rather have Heinen than ferland because Heinen has been more productive on lesser lines in his career.

Reactions: Estlin

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
You know. From a positive point of view going in to next season. If all Bruins fans have to complain about is if a third liner can be a first liner that’s not all that bad all things considered.

Would still like to see them add a true top six guy with a mean streak, but they certainly have the depth to be fine come the TDL barring the injury bug.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So we could have had Mojo and Ferland for exactly what Moore Miller and Heinens cap hits are. 7th and 8th d who will both begin the year on LTIR and the worst or most disappointing forward in the playoffs.

If you want to play this game we could have had Mojo, heinen and ferland for what backes, Miller and Moore’s cap hits equal out to.

Please explain to me how the worst/most disappointing forward can also have the best goals for to goals against ratio in the playoffs on the bruins.

Heinen was on the ice for 13 goals and 6 against. 68.4% goals for ratio. Next highest was 60%.

member 96824

Let’s get one thing straight here...Until Brad Marchand doesn’t make a pee wee mistake and change with 8 seconds left in the period while the Blues are entering the zone on a rush, he will be the most disappointing forward of the 2019 playoffs.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
For everyone complaining about heinens 8 points in 24 playoffs games. Keep in mind he barely played any time on the powerplay.

Heinen had 7 even strength points in the playoffs, more than bergy (6), krug (6), tied with debrusk (7). Marchand and Pastrnak both had 10 each with considerable more playing time.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Years ago I was dreaming of Panarin years ago, now it's Gusev time for me as well.

By far the mist potential to be a impact player(realistic) on the market.

The top 6 lacks skill.
It also lacks size and toughness. There is none in the organization that is ready, or may ever be ready, for top line minutes. Gusev wants 4M I read, I would have given that to Ferland and felt pretty good about his getting at least 20 with Krejci or Bergeron.

Gusev might get 30 or be in Providence demanding his release by Christmas

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
In my mind, we didnt miss out on anyone this off season. Dont want Mojo back! Too risky with his injuries! Hes not the guy we need! I'd prefer to get Carlo and McAvoy signed, see how the first 20 games go, get Miller traded, LTIR Backes and Moore and use that cash to add if need be.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Let’s get one thing straight here...Until Brad Marchand doesn’t make a pee wee mistake and change with 8 seconds left in the period while the Blues are entering the zone on a rush, he will be the most disappointing forward of the 2019 playoffs.

That game was over at 0-1. It wasn’t happening after that.

As for the Ferland discussion...I’ll pass. I don’t feel the need to jump right now at the beginning of the summer...the Bruins should look for the right guy whenever that happens. While I’d like that to be before Game 1 of 82, if it’s at the deadline, that’s not the end of the world.

I’m not a big believer in this forced rush at the beginning of the summer...if you’re gonna make a big splash, okay, but after that...just wait...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
For everyone complaining about heinens 8 points in 24 playoffs games. Keep in mind he barely played any time on the powerplay.

Heinen had 7 even strength points in the playoffs, more than bergy (6), krug (6), tied with debrusk (7). Marchand and Pastrnak both had 10 each with considerable more playing time.

Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak & Debrusk were all playing through injuries and every single person on these forums thought they were, to a man, all below their usual standards, especially at even strength. The Bergeron & Krejci lines had tougher matchups than the Coyle line most of the time. Just saying I find it interesting that you specifically picked those guys to compare him to and not his own linemates. Coyle & Johansson are better comps for Heinen on this playoff run because all 3 guys were healthy, playing on the same line against the same competition with somewhat comparable TOI. Johansson produced more at ES in fewer ES minutes and fewer games. Coyle only had about a minute more ES TOI than Heinen per game & dramatically outproduced him. Like...that line as a whole far exceeded expectations and basically carried the team through to the finals and somehow Heinen still underperformed offensively.

I just don't get the need or desire to spin an a 24-2-6-8 performance in the playoffs as anything more than mediocre, especially given that it was worse than his regular season output.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
As a comparison ferland put up 1 assist in 7 games while being on ice for 1 goal for and 3 goals against.

While Heinen only had 8 points in 24, he was on the ice for 13 goals for and 6 against. Which was the best ratio on the team.

It’s not like ferland was out there killing it in the playoffs.

I’m not discrediting ferland. I would just rather have Heinen than ferland because Heinen has been more productive on lesser lines in his career.
Ferland was injured during the entire playoffs

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This is where you lose people though.

Heinen career averages per 82 games:

Goals: 13.7
Assists: 27.3

Ferland career averages per 82 games:

Goals: 15.1
Assists: 17.8

Yet you say Heinen is going to be 30-35 points per season and ferlands going to be 36-40.

Yes ferlands hits more, but heinen averages more blocked shots and takeaways per 82 games and averages less giveaways 82 games.

So Heinen averages more points, more blocked shots, more takeaways and less giveaways while getting paid 700k less per year.
here's the thing: I brought up Heinen in relation to Ferland to point out the double standard that I'm seeing here. Some people will do everything in their power to argue that Heinen is secretly a 50 point top 6 player & just needs to be given the chance while Ferland is the next Beleskey and is just another bottom 6 guy. I get that the advanced stats favor Heinen as does the age difference. I'm not even saying I'd prefer Ferland to Heinen for their respective deals. But I think the comparison is closer than a lot of people here will admit & that's driving me nuts.

Meanwhile what really bothers me is we could have had both. They are drastically different players, but both pretty versatile as wingers & both could have helped this team in very different ways.

Reactions: Strafer

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak & Debrusk were all playing through injuries and every single person on these forums thought they were, to a man, all below their usual standards, especially at even strength. The Bergeron & Krejci lines had tougher matchups than the Coyle line most of the time. Just saying I find it interesting that you specifically picked those guys to compare him to and not his own linemates. Coyle & Johansson are better comps for Heinen on this playoff run because all 3 guys were healthy, playing on the same line against the same competition with somewhat comparable TOI. Johansson produced more at ES in fewer ES minutes and fewer games. Coyle only had about a minute more ES TOI than Heinen per game & dramatically outproduced him. Like...that line as a whole far exceeded expectations and basically carried the team through to the finals and somehow Heinen still underperformed offensively.

I just don't get the need or desire to spin an a 24-2-6-8 performance in the playoffs as anything more than mediocre, especially given that it was worse than his regular season output.

The krejci line did not have tougher matchups than heinen. Heinen ranked 4th on the team among forwards in quality of competition faced, the order went bergy, marchand, pastrnak, then Heinen according to corsicas advanced stats.

Cassidy used Heinen on multiple lines during the playoffs, not just the Johansson/Coyle line. That is very evident by Heinens 4th ranked quality of competition and Coyles 10th ranked and Johansson 12th ranked quality of competition among forwards.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ferland was injured during the entire playoffs

False he played 7 games and ha one point. While on the ice opposing teams scored 3 goals against his lines 5v5 and his line scored 1 goal against opposing teams.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The krejci line did not have tougher matchups than heinen. Heinen ranked 4th on the team among forwards in quality of competition faced, the order went bergy, marchand, pastrnak, then Heinen according to corsicas advanced stats.

Cassidy used Heinen on multiple lines during the playoffs, not just the Johansson/Coyle line. That is very evident by Heinens 4th ranked quality of competition and Coyles 10th ranked and Johansson 12th ranked quality of competition among forwards.

Perhaps teams were trying to shut down Coyle and Johansson but I would be surprised if these numbers were actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad