OT: NHL Bracket Challenge 2020-21 - IslesNorway Wins Again

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As is tradition, I've set up the NHL Bracket Challenge for this playoff session under the league name Islanders HF Board.

Here is a link: NHL Bracket Challenge
The password is: DefendNY

Winner gets bragging rights by being the smartest guy in the room for an entire year! It's the most coveted title in all of Isles HF Boards history, may the best man win!

Previous winners:
Burana800 - 2020
Brad 2.0 - 2019
Karel.3 (@Doshell Propivo?) - 2018
IslesNorway - 2017
ScaredStreit - 2016
ScaredStreit - 2015
PK Cronin - 2014

*If possible, please use your HF Boards name when submitting. Makes it easier to identify which account belongs to which poster for bragging/mocking purposes.

Reactions: 19 in a row

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I may not enter officially, but I will note that a couple of months I had a dream where we were playing the Avs in the Finals.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I may not enter officially, but I will note that a couple of months I had a dream where we were playing the Avs in the Finals.

that was what I picked last year. didn't work out so well, but it is another year and hope springs eternal. we are in it with a clean slate. LGI!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
About to be 2 for 2 in the first two series to have an elimination, look out boys!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This is the last time I give the Oilers the benefit of the doubt simply because they have Connor McDavid.

Totally went against my philosophy of the game that defense and goaltending win in the playoffs.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Maybe it is due to the history or maybe just how I feel about Edmonton and TML but I have the Jets coming out of that division.

I mentioned earlier in the year how atrocious the North is and mentioned that Winnipeg is the only team that actually attempts to play defense, I should've stuck with that thought. It's hard to pick against McDavid and I thought they'd at least put up a fight. He looked shook after Winnipeg tied it up.

Reactions: 19 in a row

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I mentioned earlier in the year how atrocious the North is and mentioned that Winnipeg is the only team that actually attempts to play defense, I should've stuck with that thought. It's hard to pick against McDavid and I thought they'd at least put up a fight. He looked shook after Winnipeg tied it up.

It is amazing that you can have two great players on a team and such little success but it just goes to show how much coaching and the team concept is worth in the NHL.

There is a team that we all know, that was picked to be a bottom feeder after it lost its captain a few years back due to lack of high end talent, and we all know how that has gone so far.. (just hoping it gets even better!)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This year I’m guilty of making my picks based on regular season stats and results. I went against my own philosophy of goaltending and defense wins in the playoffs. Not just out west but on our side of the bracket too.

I was sold on the sizzle, found out there wasn’t much steak on my plate.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This year I’m guilty of making my picks based on regular season stats and results. I went against my own philosophy of goaltending and defense wins in the playoffs. Not just out west but on our side of the bracket too.

I was sold on the sizzle, found out there wasn’t much steak on my plate.

I'm getting crushed now. At least I have Vegas winning the cup?

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
@IslesNorway has added another title to his resume after this year. He correctly chose 3 of the 4 final teams, with Montreal ruining a perfect 4 for 4. Well done. For everyone else, at least we know @Le Grec is the worst. His wife knows more than most of us though, as she came in 6th place. :laugh:

I should get some award for having such a terrible bracket, like a "Mad Mike" trophy!

Thanks again PK for setting things up...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad