NHL Bracket Challenge 2019-20

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm screwed and can only get points from the Islanders now. I don't have them winning the cup so I'm cooked.

The current leader Kevin.M-22.1 is 3/4 on the Conference Finals and if Philadelphia wins will be 4/4. Quite a few people are still in the running though.
This is going to be another winner with a low point total. Not as bad as last year when they had to come up with a gimmick to keep people alive, but bad enough.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
As if this night wasn't bad enough, my bracket is now trash. I had the Islanders beating the Avalanche for the Cup. I end up tied for 10th. The only silver lining to tonight's cloud is that I finished ahead of @PK Cronin. Actually, almost everyone finished ahead of PK Cronin.:silly:

Reactions: PK Cronin

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Since I am somehow in the lead, I badly need the Stars to win the Cup as everyone below me has the Lightning to win!!
Good luck with that one.

I'd be rooting for you to win too, except while going through some hockey bets I made last summer at the Monmouth Park sports book I found I have a $20 bet on the Lightning to win the cup. I need that one to come through so I can cover all the bets I lost on. Sorry bro.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As if this night wasn't bad enough, my bracket is now trash. I had the Islanders beating the Avalanche for the Cup. I end up tied for 10th. The only silver lining to tonight's cloud is that I finished ahead of @PK Cronin. Actually, almost everyone finished ahead of PK Cronin.:silly:
@19 in a row is below me!

I only had one second round prediction right. I was doomed. Looking at all the leaders, nobody did particularly well. Everyone seems to have fallen into the same Western Conference pitfalls.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
After a crazy playoff that saw upsets all over the place and a weird schedule, we finally have our winner.

Burana800 is the winner this year with 276 points! I'm not sure who that is so please be sure to post if you can so I can attribute the win properly.

A miserable performance by most of us, including myself.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Damn, I was Kevin M. Completely blew it. I should have stuck to my playoff pool with another group.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Damn, I was Kevin M. Completely blew it. I should have stuck to my playoff pool with another group.
I was also in a bracket challenge with a group of Brazilian Islanders fans. Submitted a slightly different bracket there (Canucks beating the Blues) and came in 2nd there with 138 points instead of a miserable 10th with 116 points in our pool.

So in essence I got beat by a person who never saw live hockey or even a skating rink a day in his life. That one stings more than coming in 10th here:laugh:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I was also in a bracket challenge with a group of Brazilian Islanders fans. Submitted a slightly different bracket there (Canucks beating the Blues) and came in 2nd there with 138 points instead of a miserable 10th with 116 points in our pool.

So in essence I got beat by a person who never saw live hockey or even a skating rink a day in his life. That one stings more than coming in 10th here:laugh:
Ouch! Gotta return next year and take it over

I got in 4th place on mine where the top 3 pay out, that hurt

Reactions: MJF

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
@19 in a row is below me!

I only had one second round prediction right. I was doomed. Looking at all the leaders, nobody did particularly well. Everyone seems to have fallen into the same Western Conference pitfalls.

comparing yourself to me was a very low bar to set lol. I was kind of quietly hoping this thread would go away haha.. oh the shame.

Reactions: PK Cronin

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
After a crazy playoff that saw upsets all over the place and a weird schedule, we finally have our winner.

Burana800 is the winner this year with 276 points! I'm not sure who that is so please be sure to post if you can so I can attribute the win properly.

A miserable performance by most of us, including myself.

Congrats to Burana.. well done. whoever you are.. come out come out and show yourself!! PK is going to hand you the bracket challenge cup!

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I thought he only had 2 winners in the first round but some of the others were shaded out. but only 1 of the final 4 needed to win it, terrible showing by most of us.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Ouch! Gotta return next year and take it over

I got in 4th place on mine where the top 3 pay out, that hurt
That sucks.

I reluctantly have to collect on a Stanley Cup futures bet I made last summer at the Monmouth Park sports book. Bet the Bolts at 8-1. Made enough to cover my other bets and only be down $25 on everything else.

Of course, as I do every year, I bet $50 on us. Got 30-1 this time. Arrrghh so freakin close.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
That sucks.

I reluctantly have to collect on a Stanley Cup futures bet I made last summer at the Monmouth Park sports book. Bet the Bolts at 8-1. Made enough to cover my other bets and only be down $25 on everything else.

Of course, as I do every year, I bet $50 on us. Got 30-1 this time. Arrrghh so freakin close.
I had money on us going to the finals and winning. Just missed too. Wasn't even much, like a 10 dollar bet but it was like 200-1. We'll win it someday!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I finished tops out of those who picked Isles to win it all.

So I got that going for me.
Nicely done.

I’ve never picked the Isles to win the bracket challenge until this summer. This year there was real hockey reasoning to pick the Islanders. Hopefully they keep giving us reasons to pick us to win it all.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
That sucks.

I put $100 on isles to win the cup, sometime around the win streak. Got 17-1. I have to admit, during this run I did sometimes have impure thoughts about crossing state lines to collect...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I put $100 on isles to win the cup, sometime around the win streak. Got 17-1. I have to admit, during this run I did sometimes have impure thoughts about crossing state lines to collect...
Haha me too. I started counting the money after we closed to 3-2 on the Bolts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->